Chelsea 1-2 Brighton

James

It's shocking.
I 'm trying to dig into the past to see how similar situations were handled by various clubs.
Well, it's true everybody with a name in business gets over it sooner or later - or almost everybody.
But what they did was one of these two things:

a) Huge injection of cash
b) Send everybody home and start from point zero with youngsters.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

what about (first season that was clearly likely worse) when we got relegated in 87/88 under Hollins and Campbell?

Back then it was different Vesp, we had no money, and always expected the unexpected.

I don't remember too much from then, drug and booze haze lol

This was a complete shit show, a fucking embarrassment.

This season is finished for me I don't watch Chelsea anymore this season, if I do it'll be the women at least they have a decent manager, and players that fight for the shirt.

9 hours ago, robsblubot said:

I was so wrong... turns out Potter did not quite manage to turn into Brighton. 

For starters, Brighton players run all the time.

From what we see now there was no point in sacking Potter - given that we did not hire a permanent manager.
My principal worry about Potter was lest he scraped home in the champions league with easy draws -Dortmund then maybe Milan or Inter- and then claim the position for next year.
So I wanted him out after the 4-0 to City and the defeat to Fulham.
But unfortunately Lampard is non existent. He can't even motivate anybody.

Edited by cosmicway

We just looked ridiculous and pathetic against players like Welbeck, March and some kid from Paraguay who looked like Messi in his prime years  and scored the  goal from  his home . If Brighton had scored at least 50% of all 20+ chances we would have gone to 8

And all this at Stamford Bridge.

And we still have games with United, City, Arsenal and Newcastle . 

Edited by milka

22 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

From what we see now there was no point in sacking Potter - given that we did not hire a permanent manager.
My principal worry about Potter was lest he scraped home in the champions league with easy draws -Dortmund then maybe Milan or Inter- and then claim the position for next year.
So I wanted him out after the 4-0 to City and the defeat from Fulham.
But unfortunately Lampard is non existent. He can't even motivate anybody.

Agreed. That was my point to @Tomo on a diff thread. Relegation chance is negligible, CL looks like a pipe dream at this point, and we are still paying him... he's not going to make that kind of money anytime soon, so he will be on a long vacation.

Tbf, it takes at least a few weeks w/ plenty of training time (which we don't have) to start getting some ideas imprinted in a team -- not that Lampard has that many good ideas as a manager... his resume is just as scant as Potter's.

Well we took the choice to make the so called club legend an interim when I said at the time it should have been the manager with time to see out the season and asses the squad. But what we have done is thrown ourselves back by two months and put this fucking amateur in charge of a bunch of hopeless gutless cunts who don't give a fuck.

This football club is finished as it stands under this Yank fucker, what a complete mess

24 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Well we took the choice to make the so called club legend an interim when I said at the time it should have been the manager with time to see out the season and asses the squad. But what we have done is thrown ourselves back by two months and put this fucking amateur in charge of a bunch of hopeless gutless cunts who don't give a fuck.

This football club is finished as it stands under this Yank fucker, what a complete mess

Spot on

There is no time tho. I don't see ANY manager in the world coming here and sorting this shit. Team does not even physically compete against other teams... other players look fitter/quicker like today. I think at this point it goes beyond mentality, and a locker room speech.

Even more reason to question what was going on before, but it will takes at least a couple of months to get this team running again--and only with the right people behind prepping the team with time. So, only next season. Now, thinking about next season, then getting the right person is more important than getting them here earlier.

I too have zero confidence in the owner. Looks like footballing culture wasn't a thing he knew, or cared about, and thought his way was better.

Edited by robsblubot