Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

There's also Costa and/or Remy. The former's height is 188cm while the latter is 185cm. Hardly short players.

Zouma,Cahill/Terry,Matic,RLC,Begovic and Costa would be 6 very big players.Azpi and Baba are not small either.

If he really would want even more height,he could try out Kenedy as a winger,but that would not be necessary.

Honestely,I do not know what Jose is talking about.

Zouma,Cahill/Terry,Matic,RLC,Begovic and Costa would be 6 very big players.Azpi and Baba are not small either.

If he really would want even more height,he could try out Kenedy as a winger,but that would not be necessary.

He just don't want Ivan to be dropped.

It's obviously an excuse to play Ivanovic. Cole didn't even get this much love 2 seasons ago despite making way less mistakes than Ivanovic!

EasygoingSlimFrilledlizard.gif

Says it all. Get out of my club you absolute helmet.

He's been useless defensively for a while now but his goals/assist tally saved him last season.

I actually laughed when this happened, totally utterly disgraceful to call this shower of shite our best right back. Azpi is twice the player and ten times the warrior he is. FUCK OFF.

but but but he's tall

Why not move Ivanovic to CB and partner him with Zouma or Cahill. I think he would be less exposed at CB and I think it could help play the high line

I think I would lose my mind if I saw him doing his trademark backing-off-with-hands-behind-the-back routine as a CB. He shouldn't be playing in any position at all at this moment end of.

For all the shit we gave bosingwa, he was never and I repeat, never this bad. As a matter if fact, I don't think I have ever seen a Chelsea player play this badly and for so long. Maybe Torres but that's debatable, even despite how shit he was, he still had the odd good game once every 6 matches or so.

Ivanovic on the otherhand (if you take away his offensive contributions last season) as been terrible defensively since the second half of last season.

I must be the only one that thinks Bosingwa didn't start well.

Come on, Tomo. That first season, at least half of it, Bosingwa was quite the relevation. I remember him getting praise from every corner. His speed and stamina were something else, he was covering the entire right flank. I'm not saying he was Cafu but he was good. Then he got injured. Then he turned to crap.

If Ivan shrinks in size Jose won't play him ...its official lol,he only plays because he is tall and likes 5 tall players to defend set pieces lol its gets better and better(i hope he watched Ivan again at set pieces and the rest of his shit play)

It's obviously an excuse to play Ivanovic. Cole didn't even get this much love 2 seasons ago despite making way less mistakes than Ivanovic!

It really isn't an excuse. That is genuinely how he thinks. In fact he's made similar justifications of selection for other players in the past. I even pointed out that that is why he didn't start Luis and Azpi together last season but people didn't take it seriously....maybe because it sounds incredibly silly for a top manager to think and do..

It really isn't an excuse. That is genuinely how he thinks. In fact he's made similar justifications of selection for other players in the past. I even pointed out that that is why he didn't start Luis and Azpi together last season but people didn't take it seriously....maybe because it sounds incredibly silly for a top manager to think and do..

I don't really disagree with you because Mourinho has always played with 3 tall defenders in the back 4 wherever he goes throughout his career. That approach is not necessarily wrong. It's just that at this point, he's practically coming up with excuses (and some really silly ones) to play Ivanovic, even after making like millions of mistakes and this is a manager who is renowned for not tolerating defensive errors and yet, he's been turning a blind eye on Ivanovic. If Mourinho is concerned so much about height, we might as well try playing Zouma at LB and have Azpi at RB. The LB is not Zouma's natural position but he can't possibly do any worse than Ivanovic at RB.