Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

I love it when people call him a leader.

Apart from this season, he was always one of the leaders in our team.

I actually feel sorry for him, he'd probably be better off moving to Italy. Yes he declined and is not up to the level needed to play at Chelsea, but the abuse he is getting is ridiculous and undeserved. This guy should be remembered as a Chelsea great, and not based just on this season.

Mourinho playing him every single game, and making him captain aswell, is purely a managerial decision. I'm sure Ivanovic is trying, but its not good enough for Chelsea anymore and his manager is paid to see and react if such things happen.

It's hard for me to point the finger at Ivanovic when it's the manager who had the perfect full-back last season in Filipe Luis. He had a season of PL under his belt and would have been even more useful this season, but no, for some reason our "genius" decided to mistreat him and now we are stuck with "out of form" Baba (out of form meaning Jose doesn't like him, just like Luis).

For all his faults, we have no replacement for him. Sure we have Baba, but he will meet the same fate as Luis did. It's pretty obvious considering he hasn't had a sniff despite Ivan's beyond awful form, except for the times our special one decided to rest either Ivanovic or Azpi against sub-par opposition. That is the one and only function of Baba - to play the odd game against shit opposition so that our untouchables can rest once every quarter. Luis was too good for that, he knew that, so I guess Mou hopes that Baba has low enough self-esteem to accept bit-part role.

Mourinho's fault for playing him too much, Mourinho's fault for being too stubborn with more than capable replacement in Luis (and soon to be Baba), Mourinho's fault for not dropping him when the time came already last season. Now it's too late, even if he does it at some point, it will still be too late - the league is lost.

For me, it's getting harder and harder to blame the players when the faults of our manager are becoming more and more glaring.

Apart from this season, he was always one of the leaders in our team.

I actually feel sorry for him, he'd probably be better off moving to Italy. Yes he declined and is not up to the level needed to play at Chelsea, but the abuse he is getting is ridiculous and undeserved. This guy should be remembered as a Chelsea great, and not based just on this season.

Mourinho playing him every single game, and making him captain aswell, is purely a managerial decision. I'm sure Ivanovic is trying, but its not good enough for Chelsea anymore and his manager is paid to see and react if such things happen.

I disagree. Ivanovic was a very good player for Chelsea but never a leader imo. I don't understand what makes him a leader. Terry is a leader, Drogba in his later years a leader. But not Ivanovic. He's kind of die-hard but not a leader.

It would have been tolerable if Ivanovic has been contributing goals going forward - scoring or assisting - like he did in previous seasons. But the fact that he hasn't done that really makes him an absolute liability in the team (one that is obvious to everyone except a certain Portuguese). The number of simple/easy headers that he's squandered, when he should have scored, this season is a joke!

Only got 8 more months to deal with this shit...

Thank God he wasnt offered one last year :yay:

Whoever offers this man another contract;

(Marina Granwhatever, Bruce Buck, Michael Emenalo, JM) the fucking lot of them must get the sack and are instantaneously public enemy #1.

I've joked about Iva blackmailing Jose in the past but to get the armband despite poor form tells me there's a dressing room divide going on and Iva is team Jose in there. I knew when Terry got benched it wasn't going to go well with his ego and I'm sure Terry has bitched and moaned about it and Jose tried to nip it by praising him publicly but John and Lamps are warriors and want to be out there even if they are past it and they aren't the types to sit there and mentor their replacements. I'm not saying Terry is a cancer but this isn't sitting well with him and to see Iva wear the armband is killing him inside because he knows he can offer more and his words to back Josr are hollow and players know it. They went for Stones and failed and he still is banned from the pitch. You think he's loving life and spreading good cheer? Iva looks terrible out there yes but obviously one of the few backing Jose.

Think i'd give him ago at Cb,for how awful he has been most games this season , i agree with most comments about being dropped but lets not forget history and what he has done so well over the years,and im sure he plays captain cb for Serbia, i never thought he was a great rb but over the seasons year in year out, he was consistent and a good servant, i cant believe his legs have gone that much from last season ,maybe afew games at cb would help? Its becoming too easy to attack Cfc down the right and Joses probly too stubborn to drop him,but i say this again for a team like Cfc not to have 8 defenders that are worthy of wearing the famous blue to go to war season after season is a disgrace.

Can we sack him tomorrow? that seems to be the only way for him to not be on the pitch for Chelsea with Mourinho as manager. In fact if he is gone and we start winning again maybe Jose might still be able to get 1 last chance.