Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

That's because I doubt they watch Ivanovic as often as we do and I suspect his goals play a huge part in that.

Fair point.

On the other hand though you could say that we don't watch other team's fullbacks that closely either, so we don't know every mistake everyone does.

Credit where it's due. He played good when he was needed.

Still, the lack of pace killed him twice. One time the defence covered him, the other Rooney missed. I think he is loosing pace, and if we are to bring him back to CB would be better. In the end, Mourinho has a reason and I'm the last person to critise that.

Can't really fault him for that, though, as he shouldn't have been in those situations to begin with. Oscar's defensive contribution the first 30 minutes or so was abysmal.

Disagree with him being great yesterday. He was significantly better after Shaw was taken out.

He can't deal with pace. It's not that he's slow, it's that his positioning is so poor. When he's able to keep his man in front of him he's a beast. When he allows his man to get outside of him between the touch line and his body at pace he gets destroyed often times. Or when a midfielder plays a cross field ball out wide behind him like Rooney kept doing yesterday. He doesn't have the pace to recover.

Still stand by what I've been saying throughout the season and that's that Luis should be a regular starter. Ivanovic can be used plenty still but our team can reach a higher ceiling with Luis starting.

Can't really fault him for that, though, as he shouldn't have been in those situations to begin with. Oscar's defensive contribution the first 30 minutes or so was abysmal.

Yeah, maybe. But still, I think overall he is losing the ability to keep up with players, hence why I believe we need a new full - back.

Never understood how this rumor got started. Cant really picture Ivan leaving, or JM not doing everything he could to keep him here.

He obviously trusts Ivan to no end.

Ivanovic doesn't even suit Guardiola's playing style to begin with. The media being clueless again I guess. :lol:

Some of the sky Germany reporters are thinking that the bayern rumors are coming from his agent to demand higher wages.

I think if it was true that Bayern want him there would be more about it in German media given the close connections they have with the club.

I'm still annoyed over that stupid foul he committed which lead to a goal the other day. It's not the first time he's done that this ssn either

Sure it really wasn't Mikel's fault, who lost Gerrard far too easily but actually Ivanovic's fault.... ok