Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

He made two uncharacteristic mistakes. I personally think he's been one of our most important players all season and the people criticising him are wrong. He gives his all for the cause and they were simply 'un-Ivanovic' slip-ups, but I'm trying to think of the last time he had a rest.

TYPICAL !!!

I can only imagine the meltdown in the english media and our own fans had David Luiz made those mistakes !!! i am not here to attack Ivanovic , i really like the lad but this bias in opinions is exactly the response you'd expect from the british media which as a result affects our fans.

Two horrible mistakes, it's not every day you see a defender of Ivanovic's ability do those, especially twice in the same match. Still, the overreactions from some people are ridiculous.

And why shouldn't he be homeless with the way he's been playing for the past two years? He hasn't done anything to deserve even one percent of the money he's earned while at Chelsea. :(

It's ridiculous to suggest we fine Ivanovic for underperforming once but thinking about the big picture, imo players should have some reasonable basic weekly wage and then a shitload of various bonuses based on how well they do on the pitch. That way they wouldn't get the feeling they've already done all the hard work and can relax with unlimited money rolling in every week.

its truly pathetic to compare iva, who has given so much to the club and has played selflessly wherever he is asked, who got us out of napoli and defended so well against uefelona, be compared to the lady boy who has lost us more games than I can count

TYPICAL !!!

I can only imagine the meltdown in the english media and our own fans had David Luiz made those mistakes !!! i am not here to attack Ivanovic , i really like the lad but this bias in opinions is exactly the response you'd expect from the british media which as a result affects our fans.

Why are people comparing Luiz with Ivanovic? I like David Luiz but he's nowhere near as stress-free to watch in defence as Luiz. I trust Branislav even after last night because they were uncharacteristic. When I watch Luiz play, I enjoy him but I know he's going to have the odd brain-fart.

Why are people comparing Luiz with Ivanovic? I like David Luiz but he's nowhere near as stress-free to watch in defence as Luiz. I trust Branislav even after last night because they were uncharacteristic. When I watch Luiz play, I enjoy him but I know he's going to have the odd brain-fart.

I am only comparing the reactions to a Luiz and an Ivanovic's fault , i remember Luiz being slaughtered when he lost possession with 3 players behind him because that resulted in a goal but with Ivanovic or Cahill it's "uncharacteristic" so no problem !!

I don't want to get into the discussion of who's better , but Luiz is twice the defender Ivanovic or Cahill will ever be in terms of awareness , reading the game , tackling and abilities , his main problem is that in England , if you are a defender , you better be the typical big , tall , strong defender who will just baloon the ball into the stands if it ever comes near his penalty box , and all you have to do when in possession is pass the ball to the nearest midfielder other wise you are being too casual and not stress free to watch!

I am only comparing the reactions to a Luiz and an Ivanovic's fault , i remember Luiz being slaughtered when he lost possession with 3 players behind him because that resulted in a goal but with Ivanovic or Cahill it's "uncharacteristic" so no problem !!

I don't want to get into the discussion of who's better , but Luiz is twice the defender Ivanovic or Cahill will ever be in terms of awareness , reading the game , tackling and abilities , his main problem is that in England , if you are a defender , you better be the typical big , tall , strong defender who will just baloon the ball into the stands if it ever comes near his penalty box , and all you have to do when in possession is pass the ball to the nearest midfielder other wise you are being too casual and not stress free to watch!

The reaction to Luiz doing it is 'For fucks sake, not again'. Branislav gets a bit less shit because he's dependable, reliable and a good servant to the club.

Luiz may have all these physical tools to make him better but he has mistakes in his locker. It comes down to what you personally want in a defender.

now waiting for Benitez and Torres to do the same .....not going to hold my breath though

The reaction to Luiz doing it is 'For fucks sake, not again'. Branislav gets a bit less shit because he's dependable, reliable and a good servant to the club.

Luiz may have all these physical tools to make him better but he has mistakes in his locker. It comes down to what you personally want in a defender.

So has Ivanovic , Branislav had an enormously negative effect on our season ,

1. starting from the red card against city which cost us the 1st trophy which would have been a great push for the team to win their 1st trophy so early and against city
  2. Abysmal performance against Atletico madrid , costing us our second trophy ( but fair enough he wasn't our only bad player but he was one of the worst)
  3. His really stupid red card against United which hadn't happened we would have been 7 points clear of united and the winning mentality and spirit would have been up to the sky but instead this game was the start of our downfall.
  4. Both shakhtar games where he was destroyed by willian and their RB i think named Rat time and time again
  5. Against Juventes where we lost 3-0 , got out of the UCL and most of Juventes success were thanks to him
  6. And now against swansea in the carling where he conducts his worst display of all time gifting them the match.

Ivanovic&Cahill are both good players who are valuable to our team squad but how they are being praised and their errors are overlooked while Luiz is getting blamed all the time is beyond me.

He doesn't need to apologise. Shit happens and if he is apologising for that then Ramires and Mata should also be apologising for missing easy chances. These things happen sometimes and he has been one of our best players since 2008. How he has not won player of the year yet is a mystery to me.

I'd much rather see a player trying but making mistakes like Ivanovic than that stupid lazy prick Torres who did his usual jog around the back 4 and occasionally try to make it look like he was making a run.

Still think he should be dropped in the reserves for a month, his attitude for most of the season has been way to casual and really does need a boot up his arse to make him concentrate more.

Luiz may lack concentration at times but he has never given a performance like Ivanovic did today.

To be fair, he's never been one for being comfortable on the ball. Think last night exposed that. He's a brilliant defender, but not a footballer on the ball. Goal keeper short passes have always been risky, especially with a player like Iva.

Ah well, he did try to make amends.