Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Come on Boehly -you might have sacked most of the academy staff, but theres plenty of 16 year old Brazilians we can give 7 year contracts to before loaning out

Murillo and Gremio incoming.

I predict our incoming business will be done following Omorodion. Then it’s all about trying to move on as many unwanted players as we can.

I only see new incomings happening if we carry on conceding silly amounts of goals through the first few PL matches. Then we’ll panic buy a defender again.

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I predict our incoming business will be done following Omorodion. Then it’s all about trying to move on as many unwanted players as we can.

I only see new incomings happening if we carry on conceding silly amounts of goals through the first few PL matches. Then we’ll panic buy a defender again.

Clearlake masterclass summer.

I’m just trying to look at the positives and I remain pretty optimistic unlike most of our fanbase.

No injuries in preseason for Lavia, Nkunku, or Reece so far. Lavia in particular has been a beast. We look as though we actually have a clue in attack now and this is before Palmer & Jackson have even started yet. I think KDH will be very solid for us.

I’m not as optimistic as I was earlier in the summer when I figured we’d go big on a marquee striker, winger, and GK but I will choose to think that a side which missed top 4 by the skin of our teeth last season and are now getting 3-4 big players who improve our first XI back from injury will be perfectly capable of fighting for 4th.  

It’ll be a scrap and probably go to the wire, but our squad is good enough for 4th. There’s no planet on which anyone can say that Newcastle, Villa, United, Spuds, and West Ham have squads more talented than ours and those clubs will all have the thought entering the season that they will finish in the UCL places. So why shouldn’t we?

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Osimhen is taller than Evan Ferguson and Duran. Only 1 cm shorter than Gyokeres. 

Do you even look up data before you post?

This board kills me at times. 😦😥🙄

Do you ?

Think you have got it wrong. Ferguson is couple of cms taller than Osimhen (Transfermarkt)

and it isn’t only a direct comparison of height but also the type of forwards. Board has generally liked forwards that are target men

Petrovic is better than Sanchez and probably than Jorgensen , Chalobah is better than all of our defnders , Gallagher is better than Enzo, Caicedo , KDH like energy and pressing is  tells you everything about what wrongers run this club .  Not only they not improve from the sold ones buy they also bought weakers .

4 minutes ago, milka said:

Petrovic is better than Sanchez and probably than Jorgensen , Chalobah is better than all of our defnders , Gallagher is better than Enzo, Caicedo , KDH like energy and pressing is  tells you everything about what wrongers run this club .  Not only they not improve from the sold ones buy they also bought weakers .

This is just silly. If you’re this depressed and angry about Chelsea why watch? 

10 minutes ago, milka said:

Gallagher better than Caicedo?? 

🤨

1 minute ago, DDA said:

Gallagher better than Caicedo?? 

🤨

I know a lot of our fans have turned on Enzo after an underwhelming season but to suggest Conor is better than him is equally as dumb. All 3 of our current CM’s have talent/potential to be world class. Gallagher is an above average workhorse and nothing more.

43 minutes ago, milka said:

thats a fact 

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Do you ?

Think you have got it wrong. Ferguson is couple of cms taller than Osimhen (Transfermarkt)

and it isn’t only a direct comparison of height but also the type of forwards. Board has generally liked forwards that are target men

The EPL official site lists Ferguson at 1.83m (Osimhen is 1.85m)

https://www.premierleague.com/players/71590/Evan-Ferguson/overview

7f2561ec36345fd81cf00c063a7b2b94.png

Atletico Madrid tried to cancel Gallagher transfer to finalise Guerra deal – Valencia sporting director

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5688639/2024/08/08/conor-gallagher-javi-guerra-atletico-madrid/

gallagher-1-1024x683.jpg

Valencia’s sporting director, Miguel Angel Corona, has claimed that Atletico Madrid tried to cancel Conor Gallagher’s impending transfer from Chelsea to facilitate a move for Javi Guerra.

Gallagher is set to complete his move to Atletico after travelling to Spain to seal his €42million transfer from the west London club. The Athletic reported last week that the Spanish side were in advanced talks with Chelsea about signing Gallagher after a fee was agreed between the two clubs.

While Atletico were pursuing Gallagher, they were also in advanced talks to sign midfielder Guerra. The Athletic reported earlier this week that they had agreed on a fee of around €25m (£21.4 million) plus add-ons, with Valencia holding a sell-on clause of around 15 per cent for the 21-year-old. However, the deal fell through after Valencia imposed a deadline on Wednesday for Atletico to finalise the transfer, threatening to withdraw if the conditions were not met. Sources close to Valencia, Atletico, and Guerra, who were not authorised to speak publicly on the matter, confirmed that the move collapsed.

Corona has since stated that Valencia “were not informed of anything regarding the link between the two” transfers. Atletico sources previously admitted that it would be “complicated” for the Guerra and Gallagher deals to both go ahead.

Guerra-1.jpg

“There is a maximum agreement (between clubs) on Sunday, plus it was between the president of Valencia and the maximum shareholder of Atletico Madrid,” Corona said. On Monday, the documentation is developed and, in the same way, it goes in parallel with the player, who is advancing in this negotiation and almost closes the agreement.

“On Wednesday morning, due to the delay in the return of Atletico’s documents and some comments made, a specific question was asked to Atletico’s owner, about the situation, why the delay, and the answer was that they were trying to get out of the Chelsea operation and that, if they don’t succeed, they can’t face the Javi Guerra operation.

“It was the first news that we and Javi had about it, that the operations were linked, and therefore we (Valencia) got out of it because it was not a condition that was discussed on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday, when there were constant WhatsApps, emails, calls, comments on clauses…. We were not informed of anything regarding the link between the two and we got out of it to protect ourselves.”

Chelsea are unaware of Atletico attempting to cancel Gallagher’s deal, while Atletico sources say their sporting management were exploring various options before Valencia informed them on Wednesday that they were no longer honouring the agreement for Guerra.

Having rejected three offers of a new contract, which included a two-year guarantee with an option for a third year, and would have put him on wages comparable to top earners like Enzo Fernandez and Moises Caicedo, Chelsea indicated to Gallagher that he would be sold to avoid risking losing him on a free transfer next summer.

Gallagher is expected to sign a five-year deal with Atletico. The 24-year-old enjoyed an impressive 2023-24 season, providing seven goals and nine assists in 50 appearances across all competitions.

That form earned him a key role in Gareth Southgate’s squad for the European Championship in Germany, where he made five appearances in England’s run to the final.