Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

So put up the receipts.

I almost always do.

I make a claim, I give documentation. 

I have also seen tonnes of people saying they don't want Samu to leave and even that they'd rather not have Julian Alvarez if it means losing Samu. People in Spain and Atletico fans seem to think he is gonna be a star and that in a better team he will shine - he was on loan at Alaves who were relegated and came back up just last season, so we don't know how he might perform in a side that dominates and creates better chances for him - general view I saw was that Alaves is terrible side who create almost nothing and if he can score 8 with them he could score a lot more in a better team. But who knows.

This is only small thread but most recent I saw when opening reddit to look just now, first response: "Please add a buy back clause, i'm on my knees

To be fair it doesn't mean he is actually good: fans obviously can get carried away big time with their young guys. We certainly overrated plenty in our time.

For me, he looks like an interesting specimen that could possibly be Drogba regen one day - but hard to imagine he will be anything other than a bit frustrating for us at the moment. 

Problem as always is for him to develop to that kind of level he needs to PLAY and he wont play a tonne here, unless something bad happens. So he will probably stagnate with us.

Omorodion to Chelsea.

Final fee paid by CFC will be £34.5m.

Small details of player’s terms negotiated right now but parties sure that will get done.

via@FabrizioRomano

24 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

He should've been ours not fucking Shatmu.

We only know part of what was being discussed. Alvarez said from the start that he and his wife wanted a warmer climate. They all speak spanish. It is entirely possible he was never going to stay in England for any PL team if he had a top Spanish team negotiate for him.

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

We only know part of what was being discussed. Alvarez said from the start that he and his wife wanted a warmer climate. They all speak spanish. It is entirely possible he was never going to stay in England for any PL team if he had a top Spanish team negotiate for him.

Which prob meant any “convincing”, if at all possible, would require a significant wage increase. Something we have not been doing lately.

Edited by robsblubot

He looks good in the air,otherwise his "highlights" don't look so good.Jackson looked alot better in his spanish highlights.

The so called expert opinion of Athletico fans should be balanced with the fact he was signed last august,loaned out 5 days later and never played a game for them.

Hope as always he turns out good but so far only thing i'm somewhat happy about is we paying half the price they were reportedly asking for before.