Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, mkh said:

Chelsea are looking for a massive upgrade to their squad this summer, and Atlético Madrid's Jan Oblak has emerged as a tempting option.  

Atlético Madrid are willing to sell Jan Oblak, opening the door for Chelsea to acquire him.  

{Marca}

we have been linked now (JUST FOR THIS SUMMER WINDOW) with (GKers only):

zero joking about:

Diogo Costa   
Gianluigi Donnarumma 
Gregor Kobel  
Mike Maignan  
Giorgi Mamardashvili  
Ederson   
Unai Simón 
Jan Oblak  
Emiliano Martínez 
Alisson  
Anatoliy Trubin 
Lucas Chevalier
Aaron Ramsdale   
Andriy Lunin  
Jordan Pickford 
Filip Jørgensen  
Marcin Bulka  
Caoimhín Kelleher 
James Trafford  
Illan Meslier
Bento  
Álvaro Valles 
Dean Henderson 
Maarten Vandevoordt  
Sam Johnstone 
Alban Lafont  
Matt Turner  (because..........America!)

left some off who we were linked with in the past

madness

9 minutes ago, Mário César said:

the better fit is diogo costa for his age, quality and potential 

porto needs to sell and we can be smart about that 

Guillaume Restes - Full Season Show - 2024ᴴᴰ 💙

and he just turned 19 three months ago

Personally I have this deep seated unshakeable feeling there is a world class ball playing goalkeeper out there available for <£20m that just isn't in the right team / league to have grabbed the attention they deserve yet, I just don't know that we have the people to find them. It seems like we're pretty good at finding outfield players but have a blindspot at finding top talent at CB/GK.

For me it is still the only totally missing piece in the puzzle. The GK needs to be as good as a ball playing CB with the ball at his feet and while ours have a level of competency I just can't see THAT level from any of them, or even close. And the system is only as good as its weakest link, if we don't get it sorted it will hold the whole team back for another season until they "have had time to identify it as a problem and resolve it" aka the curse of swapping managers yearly.

7 minutes ago, mkh said:

Chelsea are open to offers for Benoit Badiashile this summer amid interest from Serie A clubs AC Milan and Roma, as well as teams from the Saudi Pro League. #CFC

👀

He has not been great last season but looked good before his injury and his height and pace have been an asset. I’d rather sell disasi but ultimately both are not good enough 

I would think Jan is the opposite of what Maresca wants in a goal keeper. As a USMNT fan, Matt Turner would be a nightmare. He can be athletic with blocks and great reflex, but an absolute shambles with his passing.

Bayern München want 42 million pounds for De Ligt. He's on 250k a week.

Good Deal for Chelsea?

Disasi,Basiashile & Chalobah leave

Calafiori & De Ligt or Leny Yoro IN

13 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I would think Jan is the opposite of what Maresca wants in a goal keeper. As a USMNT fan, Matt Turner would be a nightmare. He can be athletic with blocks and great reflex, but an absolute shambles with his passing.

too good to be true 

33 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Oblak is really not that last couple of seasons now already. 

He's definitely dropped a level over the past few seasons, but he's still one of the best shot-stoppers around. I just hope that we sign a player or two with actual experience at the top level rather than the running joke "25 is too old" being a real thing to our board.

53 minutes ago, mkh said:

Bayern München want 42 million pounds for De Ligt. He's on 250k a week.

Good Deal for Chelsea?

Disasi,Basiashile & Chalobah leave

Calafiori & De Ligt or Leny Yoro IN

De Ligt was very impressive when he was 17-19 playing for Ajax and dutch NT, but he hasn't improved much since. He is good player but no wonder both Juventus and Bayern München were/are willing to let him go very easily with loss.

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Okay, let's forget about this guy. Seriously, who "really likes" West Ham? Clearly a lunatic.

What's everyones thoughts on Guirassy at €17.5m? Might be a one season wonder? With Sesko off the market, at that price, it has to be tempting no?