Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I think City have pretty much always had two strikers for one spot where one is clearly way too good to be on the bench, during all of their success. My only question is whether Vlahovic is the man. 

Much like most of the players we’ve been buying recently, you’d be buying Vlahovic based on what he could be rather than the step back he took after going Juve. He is only in his early 20’s so the upside is there.

But damn, is it underwhelming. If we get him I’ll keep an open mind but he’s starting from a true “prove me wrong” place. I’m skeptical.

Honestly i’m 100% sure he will fail as always at Chelsea as the most strikers. I don’t know why but i have a feeling and hope so Jackson can finally, finally! prove that our team not cursed for striker position. Also about Vlahovic i don’t see anything special about him. Juve overpaid so much for him. @Vesper tell me your opinion about this.

I know Poch has said that he'd like to work with a much smaller squad, but considering the number of unknowns, and younger unknowns at that, that decision as to who is to be given a shot vs loan/sold, should be made later on after as much observation as possible.

For me the most, and perhaps only, sure thing I see so far--big caveat of friendlies--is Nkunku. He looks like a player capable of contributing from the get go.

Middle of the park remains a huge concern esp after the poor midfield display against Fulham; players kept on insisting on long balls even after the water break where Poch specifically asked for more short passing. 😕 Players just weren't close enough working as a team for that tho.

Edited by robsblubot

48 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

Jackson will be gone for all of January for AFCON it’s kinda smart to have additional striker options

Wonder if the plan is to go after Toney as the other striker

I just don't see what Vlahovic will actually bring to the table, if we're that keen on another striker, might as well put in a bid for Mitrovic if his saudi deal doesn't go through, he's got PL experience and knows how to score goals. 

5 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Wonder if the plan is to go after Toney as the other striker

I just don't see what Vlahovic will actually bring to the table, if we're that keen on another striker, might as well put in a bid for Mitrovic if his saudi deal doesn't go through, he's got PL experience and knows how to score goals. 

Pretty good shout actually. And Mitro would probably be fine not being the undisputed starter if he’s at a huge club.

6 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I want you to sell me Broja in a paragraph.

stating why he should be here and how many games he starts with Jackson already here

I'll give you a list:

1. He's HG.
  2. He wants to play for the club unlike a number of players in the past (even some that came through the club),
  3. He's shown he can deliver in the PL with a weaker side and showed glimpses in a Blues shirt.
  4. I personally believe he will be a better player than whatever Vlahovic becomes. There are almost two years between them.
  5. Most importantly, HE COSTS NOTHING (ideal for FFP).

We have no idea what will happen over the coming nine months, so I'd rather have Broja as an option to challenge Jackson, who has yet to play a PL minute, might I add, or just for rotating purposes.

There are reports doing the rounds that the club believes the only way to get rid of Lukaku is to sanction this swap. What idiotic way of thinking is that when it isn't even a straight swap?

Edited by LAM09

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

What is the stats looking like when Dusan was at Florintina and healthy?

This was Vlahovic' best season, compared with Lukaku, it was the season before Lukaku joined us:

image.png.006cc3a669a7820459e16409011810e4.png

1 hour ago, bluesman2610 said:

Jackson will be gone for all of January for AFCON it’s kinda smart to have additional striker options

No way a 70-80m rated striker comes here to be benched for a kinda noname. I just fear this regime will do what the old one did too often: try to make the coach play the big names and big money guys no matter what. 

36 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I'll give you a list:

1. He's HG.
  2. He wants to play for the club unlike a number of players in the past (even some that came through the club),
  3. He's shown he can deliver in the PL with a weaker side and showed glimpses in a Blues shirt.
  4. I personally believe he will be a better player than whatever Vlahovic becomes. There are almost two years between them.
  5. Most importantly, HE COSTS NOTHING (ideal for FFP).

We have no idea what will happen over the coming nine months, so I'd rather have Broja as an option to challenge Jackson, who has yet to play a PL minute, might I add, or just for rationing purposes.

There are reports doing the rounds that the club believes the only way to get rid of Lukaku is to sanction this swap. What idiotic way of thinking is that when it isn't even a straight swap?

He also looks like a player with different characteristics from Jackson and Nkunku who are more mobile players. Broja is more of a positioned "old school" number 9, which is usually nice to have even if only as an option.

Edited by robsblubot

6 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Come on, Broja is not a serious first teamer yet, he is a youth prospect that may make it in the top flight but we’ve no idea at what level. It’s more likely he has a career like Bamford than a career like Vlahovic. 

No argument there -- I'm the one who values where the player comes from big teams vs small team.

I think the question is that if we bring Vlahovic he comes to start, which would move Jackson to rotation/option. Striker is a position where having 3 options isn't bad esp players with diff characteristics. Nobody is proposing that Broja should be made a starter atm. Haven't heard how well he recovered from his injury tho.

Not a massive fan of DV but I am not going to judge him on last season with Allegri. That bloke is notorious for not getting the best out of his CF's. 

For me, if this solves the Lukaku problem then I am ok with it. Additionally, I think DV is the type of CF who if put in the hands of a manager that gives him clear instructions will do ok. In addition, I see him as someone who has the physical abilities to be able to handle the PL. For me, Jackson has been impressive in pre-season but we cannot just go with him as one injury/or not being able to keep up his form will kill us. Additionally, AFCON will take him out for most of Jan. 

If this happens however, it has to be done at realistic prices. Anything over £15m to Juve means that we should just stick to the Lukaku's price has to match what Saudi offers (which I believe is about £40m.) That said, £200k a week is still a lot lower than Lukaku's £350k so I see how the FFP is working to an extent on this one, even if I can see the headline wage causing some issues. 

As for Broja, I reckon he will go on loan along with Solnina, Hall, Carney, Casedi, Angelo and Moreria. Personally, I would try and get Broja to Germany as that is a good league for AM's and CF's to pad out their stats and raise their price/profile. 

At the very least, Vlahovic is good with the ball at his feet. Can receive the ball in tight areas and dribble last defenders. So I guess at least we wouldn’t be buying another Lukaku who has the touch and footballing ability of an elephant? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️