Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

After Emenalo left she got in charge of the transfers which includes negotiating and presenting a strong plan to rebuild the squad. How was that not her job?

Building a squad for footballing reasons

She doesn’t do that. She is the chief executive of financial operations. 

No where in her job description does it say she identifies targets and sets the blue print of the club moving forward. Something an actual director of football does. 

No where in her job description does it say she identifies targets and sets the blue print of the club moving forward. Something an actual director of football does. 
This seems to be the constant discussion. No one knows for a fact who picks or signs players, so either view doesn't hold much weight.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:
2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

This seems to be the constant discussion. No one knows for a fact who picks or signs players, so either view doesn't hold much weight.

I find it amusing how Scott McLachlan gets off the hook. 

9 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Thats the one thing she does well. Quite few transfers were done very cheap (Kante, Ziyech, Cesc) and we sold quite a few for ridiculous money Oscar, Matic, Costa) 

I have combined two long posts just so we have a definitive accounting of Marina and the board's absolute shit financial acumen

we certainly could have had an absolute PILE of cash  if  board and Marina had not fucked about trying to rape other teams when they made decent offers for dregs and fucked up contract management which led to panic under market value sales, plus made a shit tonne of shit buys

we lost £130m combined or so via not selling Courtois and Eden in a timely fashion

Marcos Alonso Marina turned down £45m from Real, demanded £55m, now we will be DAMN lucky to get £20m, and likely less, or even nothing, I say we end up losing £30m of the 45m

Willian £65m pure loss from non sale to Barca

we are already up to £225m, just from those cockups

there is Havertz and Sancho bought right there

but it gets worse

we could have purchased Alisson in 2017 for like £50m LESS than Kepa cost in 2018, he was my number one value GK target that year (this year I have two Ugurcan Cakir and Predrag Rajkovic)

Michy Batshuayi   fucking Marina demanding £45m, grr, when we has offers for 35m, we will be lucky to get £15m, so a £20m loss versus what we should have taken

Emerson Palmieri  I will call this a £10m loss from what we could have gotten

so far up to £305m shit away

I am not dealing with Azpi or the CB's, too fluid, we have made no huge money mistakes SO FAR, and I think keeping Azpi was oki, as much as I bitch about him (mostly when we fucking play him at LB!)

the point of thsi rant is strictly money shit away, NOT how much money we can raise by selling players who we need now IF we do not buy anyone (so I am not listing any CB's or Kante, or Jorginho, etc)

so onto the cockups

Bakayoko  we fucking should have taken the reduced £35m offers and called it a day, NOT have fucking Marina demand £42m grrrr, I think we lose £15m of the 35m, so a £20m loss

Drinkwater end of day, counting Salary, we will lose (at minum) £50m (CUNTS all-round!, him, the board, Marina can all fuck right off)

up now to £375m shit away

Moses, we will lose around £15m versus a timely sale high price of £20m we should have done multiple years ago

Pedro I am going to put down as a wash, we got fair use out of him, and never really could have sold him for any sort of big quid

Baba Rahman £20m minimum, shit away

Kenedy  £15m loss minimum versus a timely sale

Zappacosta probably around £10m shit away

Higs, completely shit away over £17m

I cannot count Marco van Ginkel, we and he just had tragic bad luck with massive injuries

Luiz around £23m shit away versus us turning down 35m ) (£32m at the time) euros from PSG in 2018 and the 9m or so we got

£475m shit away in total cockups since summer of 2017, just from those listed in what we got or what we wasted, that is all money we could have had to spend on replacements

even if I am off by a massive £75m (not a chance) it is still £400m down the loo, never to return

and that pile of quid doesn't count sales revenue from other players we might sell, so YES, we so could have easily had both, even after buying replacements for some of those dregs or poor priced sales or good or great players

NOW, to be fair

let's tally up her 'above normal profits' deals  along with the board's decisions (and to do this I have to go back 2 window further than my summer of 2017 onward £475m in cock-ups calculation)

I am going to very generous as well

we got (arguably as Conte cocked it all up, and I think we could have sold him for close  to what Atleti paid, IF we had sold him straight away in the summer of 2017, coming off a great season with us as champions)  £15m more than he was worth AT THE TIME for Costa 

we got (and China was paying insane money at the time, so the main thing that was great was that we took the cash) £19m more than Oscar was worth (again I am being very generous with these profits) we got £54m and he was worth around £35m

We also ripped off Sunderland for around £6m for Papy Djilobodji

We got around £10m more than we should have for Matic (Mou wanted him bad)

I will be generous and say we basically broke even on Square, as we only lost £4m overall (counting loan fees and the £18m sale, as he was older)

Morata I will be really generous again and say we made £15m than he was worth

Ake is a wash, becuase even though he is worth far more than we sold him for, we did put in a option to buy,and did not use it, so I give this a zero loss (as I am strictly dealing with sales prices versus relative values)

so (as those are all the 'good' sales from the time period)

add all that up

£65m to the good

so knock my  £475m down to £410m in cockups

BUT (and I am sure you know where I am going next)

Mo Mo MO Salah

SMDH

we sold him (counting loan fees) for around a £6.5m profit, BUT no option (just like De Bruyne, grrrr) so, just taking his Roma to Victimpool sale price, we lost a net £17m, and if you look at hsi value now (pre Covid) we lost over £100m in potential value (we can figure the true cost when Liverpool sells him, BUT, that does NOT take into account the fucking MASSIVE difference he would have made as our LWer for all those years)

so even giving Marina and the board, every benefit of the doubt, we are down £410m (that counting all her 'great deals) PLUS whatever massive value you assign to the Salah cock-up (do not even get me started on De Bruyne and the board and Mou) I also am not going to get into Kante, as COVID-19 has fucked that all to hell, and also Jorginho (I am sure it sis bullshit, but multiple reports were saying a £35m sale to Juve, which is madness)

bottom line, is, over the past 4 years, when you give Salah a decent valuation, Marina and/or the board (and the scouting department, they are far from blameless as well) are still completely on track for damn near half a billion quid shit away, in a truly wondrous variety of dodgy ways. even taking into account all the speculative profits off the always-referenced 'wonder deals' above

27 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Mail are reporting that Bayern have missed the chance to activate Coutinho's release clause, but they say they may still sign him on loan again.

Doubt it, there's no reason why Bayern need Coutinho again. Flick clearly preferred Muller and the boards including Salihamidzic and Rummenigge want Havertz instead.

11 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

After Emenalo left she got in charge of the transfers which includes negotiating and presenting a strong plan to rebuild the squad. How was that not her job?

I said this many times and I still think that Marina does not have football knowledge so she does not pick targets because she did not even heard about players we signed recently.

She just negotiate deals...

But I like our direction since Emenalo left.

Last 4 signings he bought: Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Morata, Zappacosta. So that was horrible! MOST HORRIBLE TRANSFER WINDOW EVER!

After that still with Conte in January we bought for around 50m Barkley, Emerson and Giroud. That was not bad. 

Giroud is still great servant at the club. Had huge part in winning FA CUP and EL. So he paid off. Still very decent backup, was great in some recent games.

Emerson was nice try, it did not end how we hopped but if reports are true we will get our money back, even more. Had good spell here also.

Barkley for 15m was bargain. I like him, solid squad player.

After that comes Sarri and change of philosophy which is still in place. Jorginho, Kovacic, Kepa, Pulisic, Ziyech. I like them all. Ziyech aside because he is still not here all my favorite players. Also I feel confident with all of them starting.

Yes Kepa had bad spell but he is going back we just need better backup. I think he will surprise many who lost hope in him.

Plus we got RLC and many other academy players who are so promising! CHO, James, Gilmour, Mount, Abraham, Tomori. This saves us tons of money! So if Roman did not invest in best Academy where we would be?

We need to forget summer 2017 and other horrid buys/not sales like Willian. I really doubt anyone ever offered us big money for Alonso, Michy, Bakayoko because we would sell. Not reliable sources ever reported this.

Everyone would make mistakes, absolutely everyone! Someone else in charge would give Sanchez that crazy salary he get in UTD and where would that leave us now? Or spend crazy money on Bailey or Pepe? 

Or 35m on Piatek? Many wanted this.

Football is not exact science.

Couple of new players and we can challenge for title. Our stadium is what worries me more. But that is on UK government who gives Saudi killers to buy English clubs and do not let in country Roman who did so much for England football!

28 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I said this many times and I still think that Marina does not have football knowledge so she does not pick targets because she did not even heard about players we signed recently.

She just negotiate deals...

But I like our direction since Emenalo left.

Last 4 signings he bought: Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Morata, Zappacosta. So that was horrible! MOST HORRIBLE TRANSFER WINDOW EVER!

After that still with Conte in January we bought for around 50m Barkley, Emerson and Giroud. That was not bad. 

Giroud is still great servant at the club. Had huge part in winning FA CUP and EL. So he paid off. Still very decent backup, was great in some recent games.

Emerson was nice try, it did not end how we hopped but if reports are true we will get our money back, even more. Had good spell here also.

Barkley for 15m was bargain. I like him, solid squad player.

After that comes Sarri and change of philosophy which is still in place. Jorginho, Kovacic, Kepa, Pulisic, Ziyech. I like them all. Ziyech aside because he is still not here all my favorite players. Also I feel confident with all of them starting.

Yes Kepa had bad spell but he is going back we just need better backup. I think he will surprise many who lost hope in him.

Plus we got RLC and many other academy players who are so promising! CHO, James, Gilmour, Mount, Abraham, Tomori. This saves us tons of money! So if Roman did not invest in best Academy where we would be?

We need to forget summer 2017 and other horrid buys/not sales like Willian. I really doubt anyone ever offered us big money for Alonso, Michy, Bakayoko because we would sell. Not reliable sources ever reported this.

Everyone would make mistakes, absolutely everyone! Someone else in charge would give Sanchez that crazy salary he get in UTD and where would that leave us now? Or spend crazy money on Bailey or Pepe? 

Or 35m on Piatek? Many wanted this.

Football is not exact science.

Couple of new players and we can challenge for title. Our stadium is what worries me more. But that is on UK government who gives Saudi killers to buy English clubs and do not let in country Roman who did so much for England football!

my issue with Maria is her shit sales, non sales, foot dragging, ridiculous price setting, and her shit contractual management , plus she gets PWNED by multiple Italian clubs (as did Emenalo) I fucking HATE Juve

it is why my full blast posts always say Marina PLUS the board (and the older shit buys by default fall on Michael Emenalo as well)

the buys (completed) of late have been fine overall (but she is not in charge of targeting)

but we are now paying the iron price for the cumulative cock-ups of 2016-17 and onward

we still have £127m in the kitty to the good (strictly speaking of net transfer funds after the Kovacic and Ziyech buys, and this assumes we only end up getting £90m TOTAL for Eden, ie. we get zero add-ons for my numbers here)

we could buy BOTH Dayot Upamecano AND Gabriel Magalhães for only £57m total spend (based off multiple quoted prices from many many articles)

swap Emerson for Alex Sandro (yes he only has 2 or probably 3 good years left, but now Emerson, post COVID-19 is worth shit, less than 20m and Sandro is a massive upgrade even at 29yo, and for perspective he is a month younger than Alonso ) for zero net

and buy BOTH Sanch and Havertz (I think £170m would get it down now in this market)

and nothing more (buy wise)

£227m minus the £127m in the kitty

yields £100m net spend so far

sell AC and Zouma ( around £55m to £60m total (split the difference, make it £57m, so it covers the 2 new CB's) <<< sell em both to the head chopper if they buy Newcastle, lolol (only half joking btw)

yields a net spend of £43m

plus whatever of the dregs (Bats (20m), Baba (5m), Baka (20m), Moses (5m), Kenedy (5m), Drinkwater,(£5m and wages off the books etc) we can do (even at a cheap price, that is on the board) that 60m or so right here if all are sold for those prices, but call it $43m at end of the day to be conservative (fucking madness as we could have had over £105m for those cunts if Marina had just sold at offered prices)

we are now at zero net spend TOTAL  if we sell enough dregs (I listed 6, we have other tiny ones too to dump) at bargain basement prices to equal £43m

Havertz can play rotationally at CF if need be, until we decide next summer what to do if need be

boom

even taking massive losses on the ones listed, due to non sales by fucking Marina, the reduced prices balance shit out somewhat

AND

I did not even talk about selling Jorginho (Juve want him BAD)

Kante refusing to play may fuck that (Jorginho sale) up though, grrrrrr

but my point is we can bring both our dream targets in (Sancho and Havertz) and TWO masssssssive upgrades at CB

and a massive upgrade (for zero net spend, even if it only for 3 years) at LB

for super doable final total price of close to zero net 

we also could work out a combo of swap and a sale for both Alonso and Emerson and buy/swap for BOTH Telles and get Sandro still for almost a zero net spend at the end of the day, many options

damn shame we are doing nothing for backup keeper it looks like

I would even love to get Vicente Guaita in from Palace, massive upgrade on soon 39yo Willy and he would cost fuckall, so toss him in there as well, he won't cost shit and my numbers allow that to work out as well, still at zero or damn near zero net spend. Even if I am a tad off, the most I can possible see all of this costing at the end of the day is a £20m to £30m MAX for ALL, and a Jorginho sale wipes out all doubt, and we would even up turning a PROFIT.

Remove Sanco until next summer and we are talking a huge NET profit, even more if we sell Jorginho.

8 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I find it amusing how Scott McLachlan gets off the hook. 

He def cant get off the hook....

20 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we still have £164m in the kitty to the good (strictly speaking of net transfer funds)

we could buy BOTH Dayot Upamecano AND Gabriel Magalhães for only £57m total spend

swap Emerson for Alex Sandro (yes he only has 2 or probably 3 good years left, but now Emerson, post COVID-19 is worth shit, less than 20m and Sandro is a massive upgrade even at 29yo, and for perspectivem he is a month younger than Alonso ) for FREE

and buy BOTH Sanch and Havertz (I think £170m would get it down now in thsi market)

and nothing more (buy wise)

£227m minus 164m

63m net spend

sell AC and Zouma ( around 55m to 60m total, so covers the 2 new CB's) <<< sell em both to the head chopper if they buy Newcastle, lolol

net down to 8m net

add in 37m for Ziyech

45m net

plus whatever of the dregs (Bats, Baba, Baka, Moses, Kenedy, Drinkwater, eyc) we can do (even at a cheap price, that is on the board)

we are now at zero net TOTAL  , with just a few (not even all) of those dregs 

Havertz can play CF if need be

boom

even taking massive losses on the ones listed, due to non sales by fucking Marina, the reduced prices balance shit out somewhat

AND

I did not even talk about selling Jorginho (Juve want him BAD)

Kante refusing to play may fuck that up though, grrrrrr

but my point is we can bring both our dream targets in (Sancho and Havertz) and TWO masssssssive upgrade at CB

and a massive upgrade (fore free, even if it only for 3 years) at LB

for super doable final total price of close to zero net 

damn shame we are doing nothing for backup keeper it looks like

I would even love to get Vicente Guaita in from Palace, massive upgrade on soon 39yo Willy and he would cost fuckall

Ohh please Vesper....that shit makes too much sense for Marina to take the bull by the horns.

On 23/05/2020 at 2:31 PM, Atomiswave said:

He def cant get off the hook....

Ohh please Vesper....that shit makes too much sense for Marina to take the bull by the horns.

it isnt rocket science, and I am assigning crazy low sale prices from what we could have had (granted balanced off by reduced buy prices)

the numbers absolutely work and we can certainly afford a little wiggle room of 20 or £40m is it breaks a wee bit to the bad over my figures (which it should do TOO badly at all as i was pretty conservative)

assuming we keep Jorginho

those moves yield this 25m roster (I will add in Vicente Guaita just because he would be so cheap)

GK Kepa

GK Vicente Guaita

GK Willy

CB Dayot Upamecano

CB Gabriel Magalhães

CB Rudiger

CB Tomori

LB Alex Sandro

LB Alonso (or Telles)

RB Reece

RB Azpi

DMF Kante (IF he refuses to play at all, then bring in Ampadu or Conor Gallagher) 

DMF Jorginho

CMF Kovacic

CMF RLC (AMF and emergency Winger as well)

CMF Billy Gilmour

CMF Barkley

AMF Havertz (and he can play winger and CF too)

AMF Mount

LW Sancho

LW Pulisic

RW Ziyech (AMF as well)

RW  CHO (provided he is not locked up, we can mage even if he is, as we know have insane versatility with this squad)

CF Tammy

CF Giroud (and as stated Havertz as blitz option)

massively better and we can sort out CF in 2021 (as Giroud leaves in 2021 and we have Havetz to experiment with now), LB in a couple years, and then DMF in 2021 or 2022

IF we sell Jorginho, then ffs, buy a great young DMF like Denis Zakaria or Soumare even or do a peak vet like Thomas Partey (my favourite option) as it will be a net zero or near zero switch

29 minutes ago, Vesper said:

it isnt rocket science, and I am assigning crazy low sale prices from what we could have had (granted balanced off by reduced buy prices)

the numbers absolutely work and we can certainly afford a little wiggle room of 20 or £40m is it breaks a wee bit to the bad over my figures (which it should do TOO badly at all as i was pretty conservative)

assuming we keep Jorginho

those moves yield this 25m roster (I will add in Vicente Guaita just because he would be so cheap)

GK Kepa

GK Vicente Guaita

GK Willy

CB Dayot Upamecano

CB Gabriel Magalhães

CB Rudiger

CB Tomori

LB Alex Sandro

LB Alonso

RB Reece

RB Azpi

DMF Kante (IF he refuses to play at all, then bring in Ampadu or Conor Gallagher) 

DMF Jorginho

CMF Kovacic

CMF RLC (AMF and emergency Winger as well)

CMF Billy Gilmour

CMF Barkley

AMF Havertz (and he can play winger and CF too)

AMF Mount

LW Sancho

LW Pulisic

RW Ziyech (AMF as well)

RW  CHO (provided he is not locked up, we can mage even if he is, as we know have insane versatility with this squad)

CF Tammy

CF Giroud (and as stated Havertz as blitz option)

massively better and we can sort out CF in 2021 (as Giroud leaves in 2021 and we have Havetz to experiment with now), LB in a couple years, and then DMF in 2021 or 2022

IF we sell Jorginho, then ffs, buy a great young DMF like Denis Zakaria or Soumare even or do a peak vet like Thomas Partey (my favourite option) as it will be a net zero or near zero switch

Fat chance mate....I mean it makes sense for sure but I for one simply cannot see Marina pulling it off. She simply does not have the know how and ambition to make us great again. If she pulls it off I will happily give her dues.