Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

ffs 🤬

Lazio choose between Zakharyan and Hudson-Odoi, for now

https://football-italia.net/lazio-choose-between-zakharyan-and-hudson-odoi-for-now/

Arsen-Zakharyan-Russia.jpg

A deal is imminent with Eintracht Frankfurt for Djibril Sow, but Lazio are also reported to be in advanced talks with Dinamo Moscow for Arsen Zakharyan, which would be a problem for Callum Hudson-Odoi.

The Biancocelesti have moved very slowly to replace Sergej Milinkovic-Savic in midfield, despite needing to reinforce the squad after qualifying for the Champions League.

According to Sportitalia, a deal is essentially done worth €15m plus bonuses for Eintracht Frankfurt midfielder Sow.

Meanwhile, Sky Sport Italia are confident that Lazio are also on the verge of securing Zakharyan from Dinamo Moscow.

The Russia international only turned 20 in May and has been linked with Chelsea, Ajax and Feyenoord as well this summer.

His contract with Dinamo Moscow only runs to June 2024 and the deal is likely to be struck for circa €10m plus €4m in bonuses (£12m total) .

However, as he is a non-EU player, that would take up the only remaining slot in the squad.

If the current rules stay as they are, then that means Lazio would also be unable to bring in Hudson-Odoi from Chelsea, as after Brexit the UK players are no longer part of the European Union rules on freedom of movement.

That could change, as the FIGC has made a formal request to consider the UK players part of the EU for registering them this summer.

Edited by Vesper

Chelsea’s unbelievable £224m loss before Todd Boehly’s arrival

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2023/07/25/chelseas-unbelievable-224m-loss-before-todd-boehlys-arrival/

It’s almost as if supporters want things to go back to how they were under Roman Abramovich, but it may surprise many to know that the west Londoners were by far the worst off Premier League team in terms of Operating Profit/Loss during the recently published figures which take into account the 2021/22 season – before Todd Boehly took over.

As can be seen by the graphic below, courtesy of Swiss Ramble, only West Ham (£22m) and Brentford (£26m) were profitable during that period, whilst all the other clubs operated at a loss.

Screenshot-2023-07-25-at-20.jpg

The amount includes non-cash expenses for player amortisation and depreciation, though it doesn’t include profit from player sales.

Looking at the graphic, Chelsea’s £224m loss is frankly unbelievable when you consider that Everton, the next worst of club, had a loss of only £92m.

Though it’s accepted that most clubs do lose money at an operating level, Chelsea are clearly going to have to work harder than most to get things on a more even keel.

Edited by Vesper

9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Funny and ironic this talk from our fans how we need experienced players yet they couldn't wait to get rid of Mendy, KK, Auba, Azpi, Jorginho etc... And now first one they would sell are Sterling, Kepa, Lukaku, Ziyech... 

Would rather watch Casadei try and learn to live with serious competition than watch Ziyech, Auba not give a fuss on the pitch 

And now noises about Poch being frustrated at lack of activity and experience in midfield.

Knew this fucking coming, good start to pre season but these fucking idiots in charge cannot get deals done.

Absolute wankers they are

5 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

And now noises about Poch being frustrated at lack of activity and experience in midfield.

Knew this fucking coming, good start to pre season but these fucking idiots in charge cannot get deals done.

Ofc. I d be pissed as well. Imagine having a squad bursting of potential world class talent in attack and one single midfielder who can be trusted on this level.
Everyone on this forum has been banging on for weeks how we idiotically have no midfield options lined up. But knowing Poch he will surely find the right tone. 

frustrating thing is we have been splashing out 600m+ for players not necessarily needed without hesitation. now we are in a position where we are just an experienced gk, dm and cb (overall cost probably less than 150m) away from almost certainly logging in top 4 and suddenly start penny pinching around. 

37 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Not their fault if the other club keeps moving the goalposts and insisting on a certain youngster in return. 

The opportunity to get Ugarte was there but PSG beat us out with massive wages. 

Just now, Reddish-Blue said:

Not their fault if the other club keeps moving the goalposts and insisting on a certain youngster in return. 

The opportunity to get Ugarte was there but PSG beat us out with massive wages. 

Then there is a straight up choice, pay what they want or walk the fuck away, it ain't difficult.

Instead we are suppposedly still locked in talks for 2 nearly 3 months and still no further on, go figure it

All goes back to how PSG pulled our pants down and slid it home on Ugarte which we did not see coming. That was the cock up that has led to all other cockups so far, I think.

Hopefully we just get something done this week or mostly done, I know everyone has somehow formed into a Caicedo or bust policy (sunk cost fallacy) but I myself just want us to get Enzo a good partner that frees him up and covers his weaknesses. Someone athletic, strong, tall, who can slot into the backline if needed and is a high level tackler / interceptor while being a capable passer would bring us enough team balance and quality to at least give us a real shot against Liverpool in our first game of the season. I think there are a bunch of sensible options and we should just fucking get one. We can go for Caicedo later or never if the price will never become sensible.

4 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

All goes back to how PSG pulled our pants down and slid it home on Ugarte which we did not see coming. That was the cock up that has led to all other cockups so far, I think.

Hopefully we just get something done this week or mostly done, I know everyone has somehow formed into a Caicedo or bust policy (sunk cost fallacy) but I myself just want us to get Enzo a good partner that frees him up and covers his weaknesses. Someone athletic, strong, tall, who can slot into the backline if needed and is a high level tackler / interceptor while being a capable passer would bring us enough team balance and quality to at least give us a real shot against Liverpool in our first game of the season. I think there are a bunch of sensible options and we should just fucking get one. We can go for Caicedo later or never if the price will never become sensible.

Kephren Thuram would be a good option? 
1.92 cm and strong like a bull 

I think the club only see Caicedo being better than Santos will be soon so if not Caicedo then will go for cheaper option be that an experienced player for a few years or even a loan move,not sure of the market there,but have considered how Zakaria would have been a better option this season instead of last. Think the earlier in the offseason comments about another aswell as Ugarte have changed since Poch has had a closer look at our young players.i also think atleast one of our 2 CC's will play deeper than they have in pre-season and if we get Kudus,then Conor can be sold,he is a decent player but not a natural fit when we aren't playing a 4-3-3.