Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

44 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Would imagine we would loan or sell several of the kids, very unlikely they make it at Chelsea, as we know from many years of experience

If we're going to end up selling all these kids, then why bother buying them?

Especially when the club have just appointed a manager who has a pretty good track record with youngsters... not saying that they all make it but Casadei/Santos already look a level above some of the other young midfielders that we've had on the books in recent years.   

2 hours ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

I actually want to see a "senior" midfielder come in before we sell Gallagher, or at least have agreed terms with. Enzo will be our only senior midfielder left and just worry that other clubs will raise their price because we are looking.

Goeretzka (sorry for spelling) is available. I would be all over him. 

7 minutes ago, Thor said:

If we get Caceido and get rid of Gallagher - I think keeping Santos and Casadei in the team to grow is perfect. Both look good enough to fill minutes IMO. You have Reece who can slot into DMF as well. 

Kudus comes in - and you have the CAM position locked up with him and Nkunku, and also Mudryk who can rotate into there. 

ST - Jackson, Broja, Nkunku

LW - Mudryk, Sterling, Maatsen

RW - Madueke, Kudus, Ziyech

CAM - Nkunku, Kudus, Mudryk

CM - Enzo, Caceido, Casadei, Santos

There is enough there. 

We need more experience imo. Silva is the only one in the squad who has been there and done it and he is 39. 

16 hours ago, Pizy said:

Lavia is a fantastic talent but is still just 19 and probably isn’t ready to be an every match starter at a huge club yet.

Klopp in dreamland as midfielder Roméo Lavia chooses Liverpool over Arsenal, Chelsea; agreement reached

https://www.teamtalk.com/liverpool/klopp-in-dreamland-midfielder-chooses-liverpool-over-arsenal-Chelsea-agreement-reached

54 minutes ago, chef said:

do this!

why the hell would we buy a player (Michael Olise) who just ripped up his hamstring and had major surgery????

are we fucking that stupid to buy MORE damaged goods?????

52 minutes ago, Mário César said:

the problem is that if we buy 2 midfielders, next season we will be overload in this area again 

caicedo (?), enzo, another buy (?), chuk, casadei and santos

its too much

If we're keen on a 2nd midfielder, we should be looking for someone with experience like what United did with Casemiro/Eriksen. 

1 hour ago, Mhsc said:

Onana would absolutely lift our team levels, because he is a serious premier league quality DM who fills a hole for us. I do not think we should subsequently NOT sign Caicedo, if it can be done for sensible money. But Onana would bring something totally different to our midfield that we need, is affordable and versatile.

I just don't see it, Onana looks a decent player but he won't be "lifting" any top 6 midfield to the next level at this stage of his career.   Probably the reason why none of the top 6 are actually after him (that will probably change in 2-3 seasons time if he continues to develop and become a game changer for Everton). 

Compare that to Lavia where pretty much everyone is keen on him but everything has gone quiet since the Liverpool links started to appear. 

5 minutes ago, King Kante said:

We need more experience imo. Silva is the only one in the squad who has been there and done it and he is 39. 

Sterling is very experienced, and, funny enough, our worst attacker. 

14 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

If we're going to end up selling all these kids, then why bother buying them?

Especially when the club have just appointed a manager who has a pretty good track record with youngsters... not saying that they all make it but Casadei/Santos already look a level above some of the other young midfielders that we've had on the books in recent years.   

If even 1 becomes a Chelsea level player and we sell the rest for similar or more than we paid, it is good business and squad building. Unrealistic to expect they all make it, for sure they will make it at PL level but the reason most youth don’t make it at a club like Chelsea is that we are trying to be the elite in the PL, not just another PL club.

23 minutes ago, Thor said:

If we get Caceido and get rid of Gallagher - I think keeping Santos and Casadei in the team to grow is perfect. Both look good enough to fill minutes IMO. You have Reece who can slot into DMF as well. 

Kudus comes in - and you have the CAM position locked up with him and Nkunku, and also Mudryk who can rotate into there. 

ST - Jackson, Broja, Nkunku

LW - Mudryk, Sterling, Maatsen

RW - Madueke, Kudus, Ziyech

CAM - Nkunku, Kudus, Mudryk

CM - Enzo, Caceido, Casadei, Santos

There is enough there. 

There is a lot to digest here but you want Ziyech in the squad?

15 minutes ago, King Kante said:

We aren't challenging for the title next season. Top 4 with that lot is possible though. They get more experience through playing. The core we have is pretty damn talented. 

This season is about seeing what works and sure up the gaps from there. 

26 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Well, possibly. We cannot rely on preseason to tell us how these young players are going to adapt to a full PL season. Atm, Sterling and Silva our the only experienced players. That isn't enough imo. We need some experience to calm things down when the going gets tough. Additionally, what we have seen from pre-season isn't enough to judge how they'll perform in the more pressurised PL environment. 

15 minutes ago, Thor said:

We aren't challenging for the title next season. Top 4 with that lot is possible though. They get more experience through playing. The core we have is pretty damn talented. 

This season is about seeing what works and sure up the gaps from there. 

Nothing about winning the league. However, I am not sure about top 4. Atm, we have an incredibly young team who have very little experience in the league. For sure, they could all turn out great like Utd's class of 92, but even those boys' had people like Bruce, Pallister, Keane, Schmeichel around them. Atm, who have we got that can guide them on the pitch when things get tough? An example of what I mean was actually seen in the Brighton game when Colwill just dived in for no need. Those sort of things happen with kids and you need players on the pitch to calm them down when they do. Who have we got that can do this? Silva, for sure, but outside of that no-one. This is also before we get yo us trying to move to a back 4 which Silva is going to have to adapt with his now 39 year old legs. 

My worry with this squad is a tailspin and lack of depth. 

Edited by King Kante

Experience is supposed to help us in tough situations but Sterling has folded in every instance for us, so I don't think we can count him as one of the experienced helpful heads.

I think Thiago and Kepa are the only players we might consider experienced heads that bring some kind of actually useful experience to the table. It is a little light for sure and if Thiago was out of the XI we'd definitely be lacking. I don't think we'll add much experience due to the salaries such players would tend to demand, until possibly replacing Thiago with a similar mould when it is finally time for him to hang up his boots.

1 hour ago, Gundalf said:

well

Hakim Ziyech
Callum Hudson-Odoi    

are actually worse (how depressing is that!) , but BOTH need to be sold ASAP

and I would sell Sterling too (Saudis want him badly)

I wonder what Poch thinks of Nicolás González

14 goals, 5 assists as a LWer last season in only 2,663 minutes

that is around 30 total goals produced per 4000 minutes

24 caps for Argentina Sr national team

good size (5-11, ie. 1.80m) and pacy

turned 25yo in April, so is in prime years

02c132a7a99745a48a569463e8304737.png

Injured Joaquin Correa and Nicolas Gonzalez out of Argentina's FIFA World  Cup squad | Football News - Times of India

Edited by Vesper

6 hours ago, FrankLampard007 said:

We should rather give Real 100m for Tchouaméni or Camavinga than giving 80m to Brighton for Caicedo. 

Another alternative would be Lavia and Veiga for something like 80-90m. 

But please go away from Caicedo and Brighton who want to fk us up. Caicedo is not worth more than 60m. In 2 years we would sell him for 25m when Santos, Chukwuemeka, Casadei are in their prime time. 

it would not take £100m for Tchou

I think £77m to £82m (€90 to €95m) would do it

Real need cash for Mbappe

Camavinga would be a harder pull, they rate him more than Tchou

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

it would not take £100m for Tchou

I think £77m to £82m (€90 to €95m) would do it

Real need cash for Mbappe

Camavinga would be a harder pull, they rate him more than Tchou

Tchou fits us better anyway. If there is a chance to get him for less than Caicedo we should try.