Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Sorry? What else does Chalobah need to do exactly to be worthy as a squad option? 

He performed in the Super Cup. Did extremely well in the EFL Cup final and put in a MOTM performance in the FA Cup Final. 

He's never injured, can play across the entire back 4 (even at DM if needed), and has always put in a good shift when called upon (excluding the shambolic management of Lampard and Potter). 

Chalobah is the perfect squad player, cant wish for anyone better to fill this role.

Just now, Gundalf said:

Chalobah is the perfect squad player, cant wish for anyone better to fill this role.

Especially when people bring up alternatives that aren't nearly experienced or expect  issues won't arise next summer with having 4 Top CBs wanting to start.\

The bloke is happy and content with being a squad player. 

5 minutes ago, Vytis33 said:

I was just saying that things seemed to cool down on that front yesterday. So much for that.

Levi staying should be a cert at this point, regardless of fee.

4 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

He's a liability. I don't have too many concerns with him staying with no European football to worry about, but having him fill for a prolonged period across a 50+ game season is suicidal. 

Edited by LAM09

9 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He's a liability. I don't have too many concerns with him staying with no European football to worry about, but having him fill for a prolonged period across a 50+ game season is suicidal. 

Ofcs hes not of the level to be a starter, but that is what makes him a squad player. U cant buy a CB with more quality and sit him on the bench in case someone gets injured or is overplayed. Thats the job description of a CB nr 4/5.

For balance you want CB 1 to start 38 matches, CB 2 to start 20 matches, CB 3 to start 10 matches and CB 4 to start 8 matches. 

Find a CB that will be content with CB 4 minutes. Chalobah is more than content to be CB 4 as well as having his versatility be utilised at fullback and DM. 

9 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

That tweet from Brighton has got the Chelsea admin lined right up if we sign Caicedo, I can see it now the same picture but with him and Cucu🤣

These cheeky bastards

12 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Ofcs hes not of the level to be a starter, but that is what makes him a squad player. U cant buy a CB with more quality and sit him on the bench in case someone gets injured or is overplayed. Thats the job description of a CB nr 4/5.

You can have a reliable CB with experience as a backup instead. If our standards are that of Chalobah's skillset, you shouldn't be surprised as to why we haven't challenged for the title for an age.

7 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

For balance you want CB 1 to start 38 matches, CB 2 to start 20 matches, CB 3 to start 10 matches and CB 4 to start 8 matches. 

Find a CB that will be content with CB 4 minutes. Chalobah is more than content to be CB 4 as well as having his versatility be utilised at fullback and DM. 

He started TWENTY ONE games last season, so by your understanding, he's CB 2 quality?

Edited by LAM09

12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Show me a CB that is both better + more experienced than Chalobah, won't cost a fortune, and is content with being 4th choice for the foreseeable future. 

I actually like this new you, like you have been brought back to reality from last season, keep it up 🍻🍻

8 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

You can have a reliable CB with experience as a backup instead. If our standards are that of Chalobah's skillset, you shouldn't be surprised as to why we haven't challenged for the title for an age.

He started TWENTY ONE games last season, so by your understanding, he's CB 2 quality?

In a season where we had two managers that played with 3 CBs and had European Football + World Cup year. 

Chalobah will likely start 8-12 games this season from CB and fullback/DM. 

47 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Sorry? What else does Chalobah need to do exactly to be worthy as a squad option? 

He performed in the Super Cup. Did extremely well in the EFL Cup final and put in a MOTM performance in the FA Cup Final. 

He's never injured, can play across the entire back 4 (even at DM if needed), and has always put in a good shift when called upon (excluding the shambolic management of Lampard and Potter). 

I don't trust him. He is erratic, gets caught out of position way to often and for me, isn't good enough on the ball. 

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

I don't trust him. He is erratic, gets caught out of position way to often and for me, isn't good enough on the ball. 

You've just described Fofana as well during his time here, or is the Potter/Lampard excuse made exclusively for him?

Chalobah was class under Tuchel. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

Trev is fine ONLY as a squad player and injury cover. If he’s starting for an extended period I don’t think he’s good enough. So weather or not we bring in another CB probably depends on whether the club trusts that 39 year old Silva can stay fit all season.

Honestly, the more I think about it now the more I think we probably DO need an additional CB. And I’m sure that probably really makes things tricky for the club since we were perfectly set in that area before Fofana’s injury.

As for Caicedo, that Brighton tweet sure doesn’t make it seem like anything is happening soon, huh? What in the actual fuck are we doing? Glaring holes in our squad and yet we don’t appear close on ANY incoming transfers. 

32 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

You've just described Fofana as well during his time here, or is the Potter/Lampard excuse made exclusively for him?

Chalobah was class under Tuchel. 

I don't trust Fofana either from what I saw when he wasn't injured. The only CBs I have faith in our Silva and Badiashille. I haven't watched Colwill play yet.

Edited by DDA

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

I don't trust Fofana either from what I saw when he wasn't injured. The only CBs I have faith in our Silva and Badiashille. I haven't watched Colwill play yet.

Silva in a back 4 is a bigger liability than any of our CBs.