Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Newcastle interested in McTominay, watch us keep RLC.

Individually RLC>McTominay

Both have developed 0 and are still the player they were 5 years ago but RLC at least has skill and flair. McTominay is just a bore of a DM. Granted, for a team in dire need of a DM, McTominay is more inciting. RLC could wish for Mctominay's durability and tenacity but put RLC. Put Mctominay in a lower-midtable team and he will not stand out.

3 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Rice  is a far better player than he's given credit for on this forum.

2 hours ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Take him in a heartbeat. Sort of player any top side needs

I'd sure take Rice but not for 100m.

2 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Good player but he's not the player you build your team around, that's someone like Enzo.   Arsenal would suit him as they are looking to top-up their settled midfield....unlike us where we are in midfield rebuild mode. 

Depends upon the system being played, he'd be a good addition but Declan Rice alone wouldn't fix our midfield issues.   

He is a great player, definite upgrade on Jorginho.But more importantly he is a natural leader, something this team lacks. 

Rice - Enzo would be one of the best double pivots on the planet. But not convinced we will shed 250m on that notion.

As I delineated a few pages back. Enzo without a true creator like Messi in front of him and a shield like de Paul in his back is not effective at transforming a team on his own either. But give him Declan and Felix and he will probably look just as good as for Argentina.

23 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Enzo without a true creator like Messi in front of him and a shield like de Paul in his back

Mac Allister too

their MF was just crazy better than anyone else

De Paul has been so underrated his entire career, I was glad to see him get a huge trophy

the only players on France I feel sorry for were

Aurelien Tchouameni  
Olivier Giroud    
Antoine Griezmann   (unbelievable change of role, was probably the 3rd best player at the WC, after Messi and Mbappe, Gvardiol 4th, and Sofyan Amrabat 5th, Enzo 6th)
Kylian Mbappe 

Argentina gets extra points for winning the world cup with Otamendi as a potential nightmare CB every game, lolol

minus points for Emi Martinez being a FUCKING CUNT from hell

the using the Golden Glove trophy like a dildo, the horrible, classless taunting of Mbappe, and being the main leader of the 'Fuck England' bullshit

so was hoping Messi would shut him down, smdh

Argentina winning Brazil away in Copa America final is more impressive than what they did at WC. Enzo wasn't even part of that team. 

On WC they basically draw with average Holland team and also draw with France without possibly 5,6 starters out. Lucas, Kimpembe, Kante, Pogba, Nkunku and Benzema. Considing 5 goals in those 2 games. Martinez saved in last minute of OT a loss and also he did the same against Australia in last 16 game and prevented another overtime. They lost against Saudi Arabia and beat horrid Poland and Mexico. Semis against Croatia was their best game. 

So Enzo or no Enzo, question is, is he really that important for them? 

32 minutes ago, Pizy said:

More footage I watch of Caicedo the more I’m coming around on him. Got a bit more about him on the ball than I thought he did.

Mate, I'm telling you... I know a midfielder when I see one... Caicedo and Mac Alister are class acts.

16 hours ago, whats happening said:

i would not give up havertz yet.

let give him comptetent attacking teammates first. he barely had those here

If he needs competent attacking team mates to resemble a half decent footballer then ultimately he cannot be a half decent footballer. He has been abysmal this season. Atrocious.

Done with that argument. Heard it so many times. 

Does Lionel Messi prevent Havertz from dribbling out of the pitch on his own like we saw against Fulham? Does prime Ronaldo prevent Havertz from fluffing that early chance he got after a brilliant piece of skill from Felix against Fulham?

Move on. Give me Mudryk, Felix, and Nkunku. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

16 hours ago, whats happening said:

i would not give up havertz yet.

let give him comptetent attacking teammates first. he barely had those here

I wouldn't too, but the problem with him is that even if you ignore his output, he seems to have lost a lot of his vision and technique on ball since Bayer/starting here and that's worrying

Edited by Vegetable

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Done with that argument. Heard it so many times. 

Does Lionel Messi prevent Havertz from dribbling out of the pitch on his own like we saw against Fulham? Does prime Ronaldo prevent Havertz from fluffing that early chance he got from a brilliant piece of skill from Felix against Fulham?

Move on. 

Playing out of position doesn't help, and having turds round you has an effect, having class around players makes them play better.

Flashback....

Memories of last summer when everyone here was moaning after the take over from Boehly and Co over the purchase of players weeks after the transition was completed.

The whole football world was mocking Chelsea that days of expensive player transfer was over...7 months after the whole football fan base now crying over Chelsea excessive spending....

Lol...long may it continue so long we continue to attract top quality players...

Edited by Alabama

3 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Playing out of position doesn't help, and having turds round you has an effect, having class around players makes them play better.

He's played virtually every position and has looked equally shit. 

Don't give me that. 

8 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He's played virtually every position and has looked equally shit. 

Don't give me that. 

Exactly no consistency, how the fuck you meant to settle and perform at your best when your played out of position constantly? Ever since he came he's been playing every were possible, use you head. His confidence is absolutely shot! It's got to the point now, nobody knows where to play him.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

58 minutes ago, DDA said:

Mate, I'm telling you... I know a midfielder when I see one... Caicedo and Mac Alister are class acts.

The issue we will still have by just replacing Jorginho with Caicedo, though, is we’d still have the same creativity issues from midfield. But I guess perhaps with Caicedo in the team he frees up Kova or whoever is next to him to focus more on getting forward without worrying about helping J5 defensively.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The issue we will still have by just replacing Jorginho with Caicedo, though, is we’d still have the same creativity issues from midfield. But I guess perhaps with Caicedo in the team he frees up Kova or whoever is next to him to focus more on getting forward without worrying about helping J5 defensively.

Caicedo would be a vast improvement for this transfer window but we must get a proper creative mid in the summer if we can't get the Russian lad...... 

Edited by DDA

7 minutes ago, DDA said:

Caicedo would be a vast improvement for this transfer window but we must get a proper creative mid in the summer if we can't get the Russian lad...... 

I just can't see it, just bought a Ukrainian for 80m to then pay 15m for a Russian and place them in the same squad and expect every one to just get along? Might happen sure! But what's mudryk going to think if we had over 15 million to a Russian club? The amount of politics involved is ridiculous.

Edited by YorkshireBlue