Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

200c677d0627c771abd727498331a52a.png

Liverpool negotiates with Benfica the hiring of Enzo Fernández

The English club already has an agreement in principle with the Portuguese entity to incorporate the young midfielder of the Argentine team from June 2023

Enzo Fernández continues with his dizzying career: in England they already give him as a Liverpool signing for 2023.

Liverpool accelerated the efforts to incorporate Enzo Fernández and has already signed a pre-agreement with Benfica, the Portuguese club that has the federative rights of the young midfielder of the Argentine national team, who earned a place among the starters of Lionel Scaloni's team during the World Cup in Qatar . 

The English club in this way anticipated two other greats in the Premier League, Manchester United and Manchester City, institutions that had also planned to add the former River and Defense and Justice since June 2023.

Enzo Fernández is ratifying in the World Cup what he had already developed in the first part of the European season, standing out in Benfica's midfield, a level that did nothing more than ensure a place in the list of 26 called in Qatar 2022.

The young midfielder started on the bench in Qatar, but already with Mexico he became a starter and even scored a great goal, and from there he maintained his presence among the starting eleven of the national team.

This auspicious filming only confirmed the interest of the big European clubs, which is why Liverpool, which seeks to incorporate new talent thinking about the next season, did not hesitate to go for Fernández.

Edited by Vesper

15 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

I think we should just let him rot in the reserves. There is obviously no way back for him and I don't want to do Inter any favours when they never sell us their players. Swapping lukaku for Bastoni or Skriniar was such an obvious deal for both of us but they are stubborn and still want to one up us. Make them splash out on a new backup and destroy fat roms career is my take from this.

well, as Skriniar is likely leaving on a free in 6 months, the fair play would have been a straight swap

Lukaku for Skriniar plus Denzel Dumfries

Chelsea set to loan out Datro Fofana, Andrey Santos, Gabriel Slonina in January — report

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/Chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2022/12/23/23524530/Chelsea-set-to-loan-out-datro-fofana-andrey-santos-gabriel-slonina-in-january-report

MLS: International Friendly-Club Leon vs Chicago Fire FC

Chelsea are close to finalizing two deals for the January transfer window, with teenage talents Datro Fofana and Andrey Santos set to join the club from Molde FK and Vasco da Gama, respectively.

Given their ages but also the non-trivial amounts that Chelsea are spending on their acquisitions — in the low teens, with some add-ons (€12m reported for Fofana; €13+7m for Andrey Santos) — we had been wondering what the club might be intending for them in the immediate future. Would they join the first-team? Would they train with the Development Squad (like Cesare Casadei and Omari Hutchinson have been)?

A few years from now, once the Boehly-Clearlake “multi-club model” masterplan has made some tangible progress, they might be heading out to one of our affiliates, but right now, it sounds like they will be hitting the dusty old loan trail, with all of its usual pitfalls and caveats. Joining them could be goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina, who came over from the Chicago Fire after their MLS season ended last month.

That’s the story from Nizaar Kinsella at the Evening Standard anyway, adding that these players are “seen as players for the future” ... which is fine for now, though we do have to be careful in keeping these players happy and challenged in the process as well.

Andrey Santos Fala Sobre O Futuro: "Quero Ajudar O Vasco Da Melhor Maneira  Possível" - Futebol Na Veia

Chelsea to sign 19-year-old striker David Datro Fofana from Molde FK - We  Ain't Got No History

Chelsea considering the sale of Kalidou Koulibaly

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2022/12/24/Chelsea-considering-the-sale-of-kalidou-koulibaly/

Chelsea are willing to sell Kalidou Koulibaly in January after disappointing with his performances since the summer move.

According to Fichajes, Chelsea could listen to offers for Kalidou Koulibaly despite only signing the defender in the summer. The Senegal international’s performances have disappointed the recruitment team, who may entertain proposals in January.

Kalidou Koulibaly was a masterstroke of a signing meant to solidify Chelsea’s options at the back. The Senegal international got heralded as a perfect replacement for Antonio Rudiger, who left on a free transfer to Real Madrid.

Chelsea paid a whopping €38 million for the 31-year-old centre-back after a few consistent years leading the Napoli backline. The Naples side were happy to take the money for the defender. Koulibaly had a decent start, scoring against Tottenham at Stamford Bridge, signalling his arrival in the Premier League.

Known for his physical prowess and speed, Koulibaly had forged the reputation of a hard-fought centre-back in Italy’s top flight. Since moving to Chelsea, he has been nowhere near the player he once was with Napoli. His displays have disappointed the Chelsea recruitment team.

Chelsea are reportedly considering a sale of the defender and remains open to entertaining proposals in January. The summer signing has struggled for consistency, and since Graham Potter’s arrival, he has spent more time on the bench than on the pitch.

The report suggests Chelsea feels they can recoup a significant chunk of the €38 million invested in the defender in January. They believe, Koulibaly still has a huge market, and proposals could arrive if the defender is up for sale.

The Blues are already seeking a new defender in Koulibaly’s position, with Josko Gvardiol their primary target. The Croatian international fits with the project embarked under new owner Todd Boehly. At 20 years of age, he can become the leader of the backline for years to come.

Chelsea are the front-runners for Gvardiol, and if they can manage to broker a deal, that would signal the end for Koulibaly. It’s unlikely they would recoup anywhere close to the €38 million they paid for the summer signing. They could still get a reasonable price in the current market.

Koulibaly considers himself motivated and could bank on having a long career. He may still get a few chances to save his Chelsea career, but overall it may appear the decision to sell him is already made.

Edited by Vesper

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea set to loan out Datro Fofana, Andrey Santos, Gabriel Slonina in January — report

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/Chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2022/12/23/23524530/Chelsea-set-to-loan-out-datro-fofana-andrey-santos-gabriel-slonina-in-january-report

MLS: International Friendly-Club Leon vs Chicago Fire FC

Chelsea are close to finalizing two deals for the January transfer window, with teenage talents Datro Fofana and Andrey Santos set to join the club from Molde FK and Vasco da Gama, respectively.

Given their ages but also the non-trivial amounts that Chelsea are spending on their acquisitions — in the low teens, with some add-ons (€12m reported for Fofana; €13+7m for Andrey Santos) — we had been wondering what the club might be intending for them in the immediate future. Would they join the first-team? Would they train with the Development Squad (like Cesare Casadei and Omari Hutchinson have been)?

A few years from now, once the Boehly-Clearlake “multi-club model” masterplan has made some tangible progress, they might be heading out to one of our affiliates, but right now, it sounds like they will be hitting the dusty old loan trail, with all of its usual pitfalls and caveats. Joining them could be goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina, who came over from the Chicago Fire after their MLS season ended last month.

That’s the story from Nizaar Kinsella at the Evening Standard anyway, adding that these players are “seen as players for the future” ... which is fine for now, though we do have to be careful in keeping these players happy and challenged in the process as well.

Andrey Santos Fala Sobre O Futuro: "Quero Ajudar O Vasco Da Melhor Maneira  Possível" - Futebol Na Veia

Chelsea to sign 19-year-old striker David Datro Fofana from Molde FK - We  Ain't Got No History

Loan is not the worst option at their age, but given our lack of quality in terms of depth, we could've retained the services of a couple of them at least till end of the season. Fofana especially.

14 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Loan is not the worst option at their age, but given our lack of quality in terms of depth, we could've retained the services of a couple of them at least till end of the season. Fofana especially.

agree on Datro, the other two need consistent playing time

I am super happy with teh young players we are buying

hopefully we can close out Arsen Zakharyan soon, and Youssoufa Moukoko too

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

two sort of different type of players

Martín Zubimendi is almost exclusively a deep holding DMF who almost never scores (4 total topflight goals in 116 games). like a shorter Busquets with more pace but less finesse He is a very solid player, I rate him.

Enzo is like Bellingham to a point, as he can play anywhere in the MF, and already has 17 top-flight goals in 118 games, despite also playing at times as a deep playmaker

I expect he will become a 8 to 12 goals a season (all comps) scorer (maybe more if he plays more of an attacking role), besides his creativity and defensive nous

We are missing this profile of player at the club. Could get away with it to a degree when Kante played regularly, but we're far too easy to play against and through. If we are to switch to a back 4 formation long term then it's essential we have a top DM sitting in front protecting it.

I like Enzo and I love Bellingham but ultimately for me you still need a defensive minded player playing alongside them unless you're prepared to curb their attacking instincts and as a result remove a large facet to their game. Every man and their dog could see for England how much Gerrard and Lampard needed a midfielder to sit deep and allow them both to play their natural games and I feel in Enzo and Bellingham, the same would be required to get the most out of them.

29 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

If Pool are going for Enzo, does that mean no Bellingham for them?

I think Bellingham may go to Real. He is the only superstar that will be available this summer. Other option for himnwould be City. I don't think Liverpool have the money for him anyway

Edited by Hashishi

1 hour ago, Superblue said:

We are missing this profile of player at the club. Could get away with it to a degree when Kante played regularly, but we're far too easy to play against and through. If we are to switch to a back 4 formation long term then it's essential we have a top DM sitting in front protecting it.

I like Enzo and I love Bellingham but ultimately for me you still need a defensive minded player playing alongside them unless you're prepared to curb their attacking instincts and as a result remove a large facet to their game. Every man and their dog could see for England how much Gerrard and Lampard needed a midfielder to sit deep and allow them both to play their natural games and I feel in Enzo and Bellingham, the same would be required to get the most out of them.

Romeo Lavia would be great for that role too

I am sure that is why we tried to buy him last summer, late late in the game

0_GettyImages-1410486104.jpg

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Romeo Lavia would be great for that role too

I am sure that is why we tried to buy him last summer, late late in the game

0_GettyImages-1410486104.jpg

There must be a reason man City let him go. I don't want to pick up leftovers after the top team. That's what teams in Italy do with juventus. That's what arse and spuds used to do with us.

2 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

There must be a reason man City let him go. I don't want to pick up leftovers after the top team. That's what teams in Italy do with juventus. That's what arse and spuds used to do with us.

he is NOT Citeh leftovers, smdh

is Musiala Chels leftovers?

roflmaooooooooooooooo

3 hours ago, Hashishi said:

Not leftovers I think. Seems to me as the same reason Livramento left. Clubs cannot tie down youngsters to long-term deals so there is a high chance of players switching to get playtime.