Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I don't really care what happens with Sterling, the worst case of him rotting in the reserves is a purely theoretical worst case (no way he will actually suicide his career like that at 29, just to prove a point), the realistic worst case is we loan him every year for some loan fee with the other club covering his wages til he is gone, but I'd say the average case outcome is we do a swap deal involving him for someone we don't 100% want/need but wont mind having ala Felix.

He's part of our past now and good riddance tbh. I really gave the guy a chance and appreciated him in those moments where he found his form, but he came here because he wanted to play guaranteed football and step up as a leader - he's failed on all fronts there. He's still just an inconsistent squad player with an attitude problem.

2 hours ago, Vegetable said:

If any reports of what VO is doing are true, this is doppelLukaku or worse. If owners are still going to pursue him I'm losing all the faith I've got left. Don't know about England, but in many countries deliberately ruining the company you own is pretty much a felony.

Only if it is a publicly quoted company. If it's privately owned then, as long as you comply with the laws and regulations governing consumer rights and employee protections, you can pretty much do what you like.

2 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

These players see Man United paying their players to leave and think Chelsea will do the same.

We've done it before and it's just a negotiating position in any case. Raheem's advisors would need arresting if they didn't demand a pay off, and CFC directors would want shooting if they simply paid in full. Instead, the club's starting negotiating point will be that we want the remaining amortisation of Raheem's transfer fee from City as our price for selling him, and that his salary going forward is between him and his new club. A meeting point somewhere between those two unrealistic positions will have to be found.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

10 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Good, fuck off already.

That guy is a total nobody just making up BS

He's also just posted this nonsense, even though its been known for MONTHS that they are happy not to take the release clause (obviously as they have no choice)

At this point I bet we’re going to get some striker this week that makes all of us go “where the fuck did that come from?!” just like when we suddenly went for Neto and Felix completely out of nowhere.

I just hope said striker isn’t an unproven kid.

Osimhen seems to be 100% money motivated going by the reporting these last 24 hours. 

Then there is also the issue with VOs fractured skull that is ghetto-fixed with titanium plates and could refracture on contact any day bc he refuses to get surgery to get if fixed permanently.

Since Torres I am never feeling comfortable again about a big money striker signing but this one has so many red flags with just a few redeeming attributes.

I can't take these Twitter rumours seriously. One person says something, & others just run with it.

Osimhen's next move will say everything about him (provided we actually make a bid).

If that doesn't materialise, I'd stay clear of any substantial investment. It's a real shame someone like Giroud isn't just there waiting to be signing for a season or two.