Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

EXCL: Nahuel Molina, set to sign new long term deal at Atlético Madrid valid until June 2028.  Understand new contract will also include release clause worth €70m. Molina, key part of Atléti project for present and future.

Jeremie Frimpong has a tempting release clause and Arsenal are among the clubs interested

There have been plenty of stories about Jeremie Frimpong and a £34m release clause in his contract. I can confirm that there is a clause, and he’s certainly a player who is greatly admired around Europe after some fantastic performances this season. Bayer Leverkusen as a whole have been great to watch under Xabi Alonso, and Frimpong is one of the team’s most important players with some superb displays at right-back.

Frimpong has been scouted by Arsenal and Bayern Munich in recent times, as well as by Barcelona before they instead signed Joao Cancelo on loan from Manchester City in the summer.

I think in June a move is likely for Frimpong, and he surely won’t be short of suitors as many clubs have been tracking him for some time. We’ll have to wait and see how this develops because there won’t be anything happening now, but he certainly looks like one to watch for the summer.

Best finishers: world’s top 100

https://football-observatory.com/WeeklyPost441

5d2faad6afcc800320c56f24345cfa3b.png

The 441st CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post crunches data from our partners Wyscout on shots attempted and goals scored during the current season to determine the best finishers* in 65 leagues on all continents. With 1.57 goals per 90' and a conversion rate of 37% in relation to shots taken, Bayern Munich’s centre-forward Harry Kane tops the list.

Feyenoord's Mexican striker Santiago Giménez is second (1.4 goals per game with a shot conversion of 33%), while Real Madrid's England attacking midfielder Jude Bellingham and the new Congolese international from SC Braga, in Portugal, Simon Banza, are tied in third position. Also in the top 10 notably are Lautaro Martínez (fifth), Erling Haaland (seventh) and Kylian Mbappé (tenth).

Two players who have yet to celebrate their 19th birthday feature in the top 100: Roony Bardghji (18.0 years, 40st) of Copenhagen and Jayden Addai (18.9 years, 12th) of AZ Alkmaar's second team. In contrast, the evergreen Óscar Cardozo (40.5 years, 30th) of Club Libertad, in Paraguay, is the oldest player in the top 100, ahead of Joaquín Larrivey (37.8 years, 23rd) of Deportes Magallanes, in Chile, and Cristiano Ronaldo (38.8 years, 56th).

The finishing index is calculated by multiplying the number of domestic league goals scored per 90’ with the conversion rate of shots taken. The result is adjusted by the sporting level of the matches played (as a percentage difference from the overall average). Only footballers who have played at least 720 domestic league minutes for the same team during the current season are considered.

3de07ccddc91442d1502a691a2753127.png

45b6eaafd7bb7e2864bd2ee646b0008e.png7d9189dc465c977380222caa220f2a34.pnga16a1f57914df342a6643ed45cad92a5.png3515f74e41e9dd9838973bcc82b482e9.png8bf0eeddff23c2c1783aadf5be00fe59.pngfb9f85cbc42f4eec64f3372c983c4792.png

On 27/11/2023 at 19:04, lucio said:

Massive if true 👏 

Don’t think so. Ppl tend to overhype young players who have not played for yet only to slack them off once they do. Same happened to lavia. I believe moscardo will eventually have even less of an impact and follow casadei and santos on the loan trail 

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Don’t think so. Ppl tend to overhype young players who have not played for yet only to slack them off once they do. Same happened to lavia. I believe moscardo will eventually have even less of an impact and follow casadei and santos on the loan trail 

Lavia has been injured he hasn’t played 

we sold pulisic, ziyech and lukaku and we get mudyk, nicolas and madueke 

I always have doubts about this three players, but sell them and get this last threes was a clearly downgrade of quality 

even in our midfielder, I have doubts that lavia, enzo and caicedo are better than kova, jorginho and even kanté, although he was injury all the time

even in our goalkeeper position, mendy is far better than sanchez

jesus christ

spend so mouch and decrease our squad quality

what a shit management to be honest

Edited by Mário César

our problem is not poch, potter and tuchel

our main problem is this insane badly management and the vision of our board that is so stupid and they took a huge risk to change our mentality/style to this shit type of vision of football

this is playing Football Manager in real life. Don't work in that way 

they have good intentions but they already mess the club 

january 2023 transfermarket wil be remember as one of the worst I ever see in our club and describe how our board mess up with Chelsea

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

996fe3f13c329cb6710c3bf3dcf2cd4c.png

lukaku is doing wel in roma

Don't surprise me, tbh. He is not good enough for a team that want to win the epl, but good enough for a time that want to get top4

Would be a lot better take him this year and sell him next year and get other player, tbh

Edited by Mário César

20 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I believe moscardo will eventually have even less of an impact and follow casadei and santos on the loan trail 

There's nothing wrong with Casadei, he's still a kid, give him a season or two of proper development before judging him. 

Santos to Forest was always a head scratcher, why loan your talented midfielder to a side that has like 20 midfielders to choose from.  Surely he could have been loaned to the Championship or abroad to play 10-15 games? 

14 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Still ppl delude themselves into thinking he will make a difference 

He's better than what we have in midfield (other than Enzo)...and he hasn't even played a minute of football yet for us....that should tell you all you need to know about our lack of technical quality in midfield.   You can run around for days but if your midfield can't break down the opposition wall, the game is over before it started.  Not every team will let you attack them on the counter like Spurs, City, Arsenal.  

Feel like we should have got someone like Kephrem Thuram instead of caicedo , he can actually make stuff happen with his forward driving , hopefully Carney is back soon at least , he can add a bit of spark to the midfield 

18 hours ago, Mário César said:

we sold pulisic, ziyech and lukaku and we get mudyk, nicolas and madueke 

I always have doubts about this three players, but sell them and get this last threes was a clearly downgrade of quality 

even in our midfielder, I have doubts that lavia, enzo and caicedo are better than kova, jorginho and even kanté, although he was injury all the time

even in our goalkeeper position, mendy is far better than sanchez

jesus christ

spend so mouch and decrease our squad quality

what a shit management to be honest

I'm not a fan of Sanchez, but to me he is better then Mendy and Kepa. Sanchez ain't wc but I rather him then those two. 

Jorginho and Kova where in decline it was right to sell him. Enzo and Caicedo will come good, and Lavia we can't judge as he has been injured. 

Kante obviously wc, no replacing him. 

Here is a link to most valuable goalkeepers - settings worldwide and all under 23 age goalkeepers by market value.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler-statistik/wertvollstespieler/marktwertetop/plus/0/galerie/0?ausrichtung=Torwart&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=u23&jahrgang=0&land_id=0&kontinent_id=0&yt0=Show

Robert Sanchez is awful. He puts anxiety in me because he thinks his better than he is. Maybe in a year and a half he matures better.

Edited by KEVINAA

45 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I'm not a fan of Sanchez, but to me he is better then Mendy and Kepa. Sanchez ain't wc but I rather him then those two. 

Jorginho and Kova where in decline it was right to sell him. Enzo and Caicedo will come good, and Lavia we can't judge as he has been injured. 

Kante obviously wc, no replacing him. 

Mendy is miles better than Sanchez