Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, Mhsc said:

He could play deeper but not convinced he would be a good partner for Enzo in a 2. Better in a 3 probably. Has he been on your lists Vesper?

For myself I want to see a DM that can slot into the back line. Unless Poch has plans to convert a defender (who?) feels like we need one for his system. Don’t feel like this guy is that player but we need numbers in midfield if we are letting virtually everyone except for Enzo go 

Ironically, if Reece was able to stay fit and Gusto becomes the player he is expected to be, I'd love to see what Reece could do with a run in midfield. I know it was almost like a kid 3 or 4 years older in the playground when he was playing in the Championship in general, but he looked exceptional when playing there at Wigan.

I would tend to agree though, I'd rather see a defensive minded midfielder who will make us more solid. The key's ultimately are freeing up Enzo a little, and providing sufficient support for the full backs to play high, almost like they are still wing backs. In order for that to happen, we need someone who is disciplined and holds great defensive and positional awareness.

2 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

You can't fight 100m a year in wages, it's impossible.

True but I don’t think Kante is going there for the money, he’s going because they’re giving him a 2 year deal and because we are stupid enough to let him go.

If we offered him a 2 year deal on any terms he’d probably stay as its been continually confirmed that his preferred option has always been to stay here.

The fact we are just letting him go is mental - people keep mentioning injuries but the club basically sacked the whole medical team who have been here for longer than the past 2 years, indicating that perhaps their belief is that they’re more to blame than Kante, James, Chilwell, etc whoever else has suffered big lay offs. 

The fact hes getting £100m a year or whatever is irrelevant, its not like hes demanding that, I mean this is Ngolo Kante we are talking about - one of the most modest footballers in the modern game. Hes not went to that Saudi club and asked for that, they’re offering him it

Also people saying he doesn’t have an affect on this squad/in the dressing room have no idea. The guy leads by example when he plays, covers every blade of grass, clearly trains well and gets on with his job, doesn’t have an enormous ego etc. Just look at all the quotes about Kante from Rudiger, Vardy and all his past team mates about his personality, how humble he is etc. He’s a good egg and I think he will be an enormous miss on and off the pitch.

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

True but I don’t think Kante is going there for the money, he’s going because they’re giving him a 2 year deal and because we are stupid enough to let him go.

If we offered him a 2 year deal on any terms he’d probably stay as its been continually confirmed that his preferred option has always been to stay here.

The fact we are just letting him go is mental - people keep mentioning injuries but the club basically sacked the whole medical team who have been here for longer than the past 2 years, indicating that perhaps their belief is that they’re more to blame than Kante, James, Chilwell, etc whoever else has suffered big lay offs. 

The fact hes getting £100m a year or whatever is irrelevant, its not like hes demanding that, I mean this is Ngolo Kante we are talking about - one of the most modest footballers in the modern game. Hes not went to that Saudi club and asked for that, they’re offering him it

Also people saying he doesn’t have an affect on this squad/in the dressing room have no idea. The guy leads by example when he plays, covers every blade of grass, clearly trains well and gets on with his job, doesn’t have an enormous ego etc. Just look at all the quotes about Kante from Rudiger, Vardy and all his past team mates about his personality, how humble he is etc. He’s a good egg and I think he will be an enormous miss on and off the pitch.

It's been reported by numerous people that there's been a contract on the table for him for months now and it's not been taken away, so I wouldn't fall for the idea of offering him a deal on any terms, he'd sign it. I mentioned earlier, as per reports, we've tried offering him a contract that is much more heavily incentivised for playing games which to be honest is exactly what I would do in the shoes of the Chelsea board. Certainly over the last 2 seasons, he hasn't justified anywhere near being paid £300k a week and despite being out for months and having surgery to 'fix' a regular problem, he still got injured again before the season was out. 

I agree with you regarding the last paragraph - when he's on the pitch he absolutely leads by example and there is no question that he is a good egg with no ego. But I don't envisage him being someone who will actively take on a leadership role off the pitch. He assumes one on the pitch, but given his personality, I can't see him being much of a talker. With the likes of Thiago Silva and Azpi as examples, I could see them even if they were injured, trying to offer their leadership to the group still. Kante doesn't give me that vibe because he's such a shy and reserved personality, I think his overall influence is a leader by example on the pitch and when he's injured most of the time, there's just no positives then to offer.

16 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Until he freaking received a 100M/a year proposal. And no it's not, it's extremely relevant. Let's not fool ourselves here, that kind of money will get you 99.9% of footballers his age in a similar situation.

20 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

There is also a fine line between being modest, and cheap. We don't know N'golo's relationship with money. We know he drives a Mini cooper, and that's about it. 

1 minute ago, Mhsc said:

Has he been on your lists Vesper?

tbh, he was not a main target, but he really has come on a lot this season

La Liga ia a weak spot for me, in terms of younger Spanish players, I fully admit that

most of the truly good Spanish players there get sucked up by the big 3

plus I just do not like to watch many of the teams there, and the fans are far too often crazy racist cunts, just as bad as Italian thugs (Ironically, I have almost never had hardcore racism issues when we travel to Italy (the old men want to play grabass too much though, and in bars, but they do that to any race of girls, ffs), it has been far worse in parts of Spain, and also from Brit white trash on holiday down there, who can just be rotten to the core)

I go deep digging in South America more for young players than I do in Spain

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Stupidity by the club not fighting to keep him if I am honest. Can’t buy experience. Can’t buy anybody better than this fella either when he’s fit and firing too (think Poch could have maybe used him similarly to Jose with Maka in his last season here and if we had a competent medical team that could also of helped get him fitter)- seems a waste letting him go so easily.

Losing Rudiger, Jorginho, Kante, probably Azpilicueta, Kovacic as well in this window all in the space of 2 years - big players who have brought a lot in different ways be it through leadership, experience or personality.

Poch really has got a lot to do here to because the majority of this bunch have shown they are utterly feckless when it comes down to all three of those. I sincerely hope there are a few players with big personalities coming into this dressing room and soon. Can’t expect all of these young fellas to bring it all either, so whatever the strategies going to be recruiting wise, it better include some proven players with leadership and more importantly, personality.

It's not just stupidity, it's pure laziness.

They are simply looking at the easiest options to sell.

While leaving Poch with a squad that has Cucurella, Sterling, Koulibaly and Gallagher.

They finally appoint a manager that could make use of so many options, and they are on the verge of leaving him with little to work with 

And what's with Brighton and their annoying bids for Colwill.

The seagulls collectively ruined our last season by giving us Cucurella & Potter whilst fleecing us for a ton of cash.

Now they want to get our talented youth prospects for cheap. 

Kante is by far my fav player too. And IMO he's by far our best player, and the one true world class player we've got. He's underrated too; not because he's not considered a world class player, but because folks think he's not up there with the greats, but I disagree. I think he's a world beater who, when fit, can absolutely ruin any plans your opposition may have for that game. He'd walk into ANY starting XI... no questions asked. I very much doubt Argentina would've won had Kante been fit.

With that out of that way, it's a very difficult assessment to make: if we sell and he comes back to near full fitness, and delivers top performances for the next 3 years, then we will look like fools. If we retain him under big wages, and he hardly plays, well we will look like fools too. Hope the "leadershit" did not fire the last good physios and docs the club had.

Edited by robsblubot

6 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

if we sell and he comes back to near full fitness, and delivers top performances for the next 3 years, then we will look like fools.

number one, we are not selling him

he contract is up

he leaves on a free

number 2, he is going to the shitbox saudi league if he leaves, and for 2 years (not 3 atm)

so how would you know if he is 'top notch' as he will be toiling away in that shithole?

number 3, he has been consistently injured FAR too much, exactly as I predicted long ago when I said sell (after we won the CL)

number 4, when healthy this season, he has looked a shadow of the player he was far too often

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

number one, we are not selling him

he contract is up

he leaves on a free

number 2, he is going to the shitbox saudi league if he leaves, and for 2 years (not 3 atm)

so how would you know if he is 'top notch' as he will be toiling away in that shithole?

number 3, he has been consistently injured FAR too much, exactly as I predicted long ago when I said sell (after we won the CL)

number 4, when healthy this season, he has looked a shadow of the player he was far too often

Fair enough, but once again, it goes into a medical assessment, which I'm far from being qualified to do--even if I had the information, which I don't.

Your #4 somewhat contradicts your #3 tho, or at least makes either one of them not very important. I'd stick with he has hardly played, and for that reason, he was a shadow of his former self in the few matches he did play. Now, whether that's it... or was a one-time injury, which ruined him for 2 seasons, I cannot tell, or know.

With all that said, nothing guarantees that we will get a player remotely close his level. Considering the latest signings, I'd not be very optimistic about the near future.

Edited by robsblubot

Chelsea have joined Barcelona and Liverpool in the race to sign Celta Vigo's Spanish midfielder Gabri Veiga. The 21-year-old has a £34.4m release clause. (Guardian)

Who's he? anyone have info on him please... I'm looking at you Vesp lol

Edited by bigbluewillie

completely missed me that extension was never signed. Well if Kante leaves, thanks and good luck but surely at least one year too late. Hurts dismantling that CL team already. What a short era that was. But out of that XI , honestly only Rüdiger should still be here besides Chilly, RJ and Thiago . I really liked Mount and Kai. but they regressed and if they want to pursue a new challenge it’s  probably a good time to leave. We need to build our identity anew. Not just as a team but as a club. And if that project is to succeed we need more new faces in and most importantly many old ones to leave even if it hurts. 

Apparently we want Neymar and looking to open talks….

Hmmm. What the fuck is the transfer strategy at this club? Let Kante leave, let Kovacic leave and then go after someone like Neymar? After signing Mudryk in January?

If this is true, there is clearly no defined plan and back to winging it.

Edited by OneMoSalah