Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, Thor said:

What logic? My logic is if we miss out on one player - doesn't mean there isn't another viable option. 

I like Ugarte - I think he fits our team perfectly, but if we can't get him - there is someone else of similar profile that could slot in. Our club just needs to do their due diligence. 

Who else is the viable options? Declan Rice? Moses Caicedo? Both wanted by multiple CL clubs and will likely have us as 3rd or 4th choices, both have much bigger price tags, Rice will also want a premium contract too considering he has already rejected a £200k p/w deal at West Ham and is their captain & highest earning player as it is. Then after that its either do some sort of incredible scouting mission or get a big drop off (unless we were to maybe try and sign the boy Palhinha from Fulham as I genuinely think he could do a good job for us in there). 

Ugarte was the common sense signing though. £52m release clause, more modest wages. We even offered to buy a stake in Sporting ffs 🤣 As if PSG are going from offering him 5m a year to 10m a year also. By the sounds of it, if the first contract offer wasn’t so low this deal would be wrapped up by now. Now it’s basically fucked due to the master negotiating skills we have at this club.

Under Roman with Marina & Petr this deal would of been done. No questions asked. When have PSG ever done this to us? I think the last time was genuinely Javier Pastore in 2010 or 11. 

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

This sounds like Mendes playing Chelsea to get a much higher wage offer from elsewhere. And it worked.

If we now miss out on Caicedo as well we’re in trouble. Rice is off the table, Ugarte off the table. We have to get Caicedo now. 

Looks like he's going to Arsenal🤮

6 hours ago, calculatingInfinity said:

and correct me if I am wrong here, cause translator + i havent actually spoken german for 15 years since I was forced to learn it at school... But that doesn't say anything about the deal being close to completed?

The headline says close to completion. But the article doesn't really read like actual reporting, more like a little sensationalist fluff piece exaggerating what is being said elsewhere 

This whole Ugarte business is a good sign to me. Shows actual pro's are in charge now, who know that massively overpaying will fuck you long term. I would've really like Ugarte here, but if we manage to get Caicedo that'll all be forgotten. That deal just became an absolute must though

5 minutes ago, Artandur said:

This whole Ugarte business is a good sign to me. Shows actual pro's are in charge now, who know that massively overpaying will fuck you long term. I would've really like Ugarte here, but if we manage to get Caicedo that'll all be forgotten. That deal just became an absolute must though

Brighton's Moises Caicedo has agreed personal terms with Arsenal, although Chelsea are willing to pay a higher transfer fee for the Ecuador midfielder, 21. (Teradeportes, via Mirror)

And..

Chelsea are expected to complete the signing of Manuel Ugarte, 22, from Sporting Lisbon by agreeing to pay more than the Uruguay midfielder's £52m release clause. (Record - in Portuguese)

And

Chelsea moved ahead of Paris St-Germain in the race to sign Ugarte with a proposal to buy a minority stake in Portuguese giants Sporting as part of the deal. (Mirro

I'm going to stop this my brain hurts

3 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Brighton's Moises Caicedo has agreed personal terms with Arsenal, although Chelsea are willing to pay a higher transfer fee for the Ecuador midfielder, 21. (Teradeportes, via Mirror)

I mean he agreed terms and wrote that goodbye post 6 months ago. Don't think that means much

15 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

And..

Chelsea are expected to complete the signing of Manuel Ugarte, 22, from Sporting Lisbon by agreeing to pay more than the Uruguay midfielder's £52m release clause. (Record - in Portuguese)

And

Chelsea moved ahead of Paris St-Germain in the race to sign Ugarte with a proposal to buy a minority stake in Portuguese giants Sporting as part of the deal. (Mirro

I'm going to stop this my brain hurts

Is this the latest ?