Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

no, I think you are misreading it

that was my point

re-read the tweet

the tweet means The Athletic is reporting this

I am reading it perfectly. The journalist at the Athletic is not willing to put his name with the statement. When the source is not willing to put out the statement with their name, it means they are not willing to stand behind the statement. Whether that source is a part of the Athletic or anywhere else.

5 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I am reading it perfectly. The journalist at the Athletic is not willing to put his name with the statement. When the source is not willing to put out the statement with their name, it means they are not willing to stand behind the statement. Whether that source is a part of the Athletic or anywhere else.

I went and found the original article at the Athletic.

By Simon Johnson 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathletic.com/4189842/2023/02/14/koulibaly-Chelsea-champions-league/%3famp=1

The tweeter misworded their tweet, the anonymous spurces were NOT The Athletic writers

Johnson says this:

Sources close to Koulibaly, who spoke to The Athletic anonymously to protect their relationships, explain nothing untoward is to blame, just a scenario that frequently occurs with new signings.

After spending eight years at Napoli, building an understanding with his team-mates and feeling comfortable in the city, Koulibaly has found it difficult to adjust to a new working environment.

He is still getting used to the pace of the Premier League and this hasn’t been helped by Chelsea’s patchy form. The team also keeps changing, which makes it more difficult to develop an understanding with team-mates.

And though Badiashile has played well under the same circumstances, the pressure and expectation on him aren’t as great as they are on Koulibaly.

After helping Chelsea secure a 2-0 victory over Bournemouth on December 27 (the club’s seventh win of the league season from 15 matches), Koulibaly admitted he had not been performing as well as expected. That match was Chelsea’s first since the World Cup, where Koulibaly had played for Senegal. The break from club football had given him a chance to reflect.

Koulibaly said: “I took some moments to think about everything — about football, about Chelsea — and to come with more motivation because the impact with this team didn’t come like I wanted.

snip

But Koulibaly does not come across as someone who is ready to give up on making his Chelsea move a success. According to the sources referred to above, he is enjoying being around London and is in the process of buying a new house in the city.

Edited by Vesper

Koulibaly doesn't really bother me because he's already been replaced. It's not a situation like we had with Torres years ago for example where he was automatic first choice and in stages the only real striker we had at the club which hindered things further.

If we can all move on in the summer and Koulibaly goes back to Italy or somewhere for not too much damage then all good. If we can't though then he sits at the club as 4th or 5th choice. Not ideal but it shouldn't impact significantly on the squad.

He's already seen Jorginho leave, Mendy likely to leave too, and in his position Badiashile join, Fofana coming back to fitness and Colwill potentially coming back in the summer. I think he'll see the writing will be on the wall for his Chelsea career and whilst money is a big factor, he still has some years left in the tank, especially if he goes back to Italy. Personally I think he'll prefer to find a solution than dig his heels in if the club decides he's surplus to requirements.

I think the only slim shot we’d have at Bellingham is if we show considerable improvement and finish the season extremely well. Prove to him that we’re stable and that the project is 100% heading in the right direction.

Despite all the noise about him and Liverpool I still find it impossible to believe that they’d pay the required fee. I can never see cheap ass FSG putting down €150m or whatever it’ll be in any player. Perhaps if they rapidly change ownership which doesn’t appear to be happening with any sort of pace currently.

I was of the thought that City would be heavy favorites for him but I wonder if that mountain of financial breaches affects their spending this summer. Imagine United will also try hard for him.

well I think that Bellingham is a young player and maybe, like havertz, we want to go to epl before joining barcelona or real madrid 

if we can make the team around him and buy another players like felix and nwoku maybe we can sell him like the center figure (head) of the this exciting project 

lets see if we can have a chance

18 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Can Bellingham play in double pivot with Enzo? I know he is more number 8 but would not like us to go to 433 because where would that leave Felix and Nkunku? Same with our current 4231. 

Box to box isn't he? Think Enzo will thrive that sort of player. 

Nkunku

Mudryk     Felix    Mudueke

Enzo  Bellingham

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Box to box isn't he? Think Enzo will thrive that sort of player. 

Nkunku

Mudryk     Felix    Mudueke

Enzo  Bellingham

So many times here I also read that Enzo will thrive with typical DM. Also in England Jude played last couple of games as AM with Rice and Henderson behind. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

12 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

The journalist at the Athletic is not willing to put his name with the statement. When the source is not willing to put out the statement with their name, it means they are not willing to stand behind the statement. Whether that source is a part of the Athletic or anywhere else.

the writer (Simon Johnson) put his name on the piece

it's the KK camp who are playing anon games

Just now, Vesper said:

the writer (Simon Johnson) put his name on the piece

it's the KK camp who are playing anon games

Yes, the link you posted was much better than the tweet. It really does read like an agent reacting to claims that KK is unsettled in London. If KK really wants to stay, his wages will be impossible to move him.

Yeah, and then what? Grow new HG players in one season, rely on buying endless rotation of U21s for big cash or put club in position where we have just minimum number of HG players to enter any competition and be held for ransom by them during contract talks? I understand this is a message directed to Mount, but still.

Btw the IF part is fun. For now it looks like missing on any Euro football is the more probable option, than not and longer they swear by Potter, the more real it gets, so maybe it's good time to make some solid arrangements for wasting second season, instead of "if". 

Edited by Vegetable

18 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Yeah, and then what? Grow new HG players in one season, rely on buying endless rotation of U21s for big cash or put club in position where we have just minimum number of HG players to enter any competition and be held for ransom by them during contract talks? I understand this is a message directed to Mount, but still.

Btw the IF part is fun. For now it looks like missing on any Euro football is the more probable option, than not and longer they swear by Potter, the more real it gets, so maybe it's good time to make some solid arrangements for wasting second season, instead of "if". 

Just sell Mount while he still has value.