Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Just now, JDY said:

That new winger Napoli have got looks like a serious player. But now he's at a club that will make it impossible for him to leave anytime soon.

I was going to say the exact same thing. He's literally come out of nowhere & is seemingly filling the void left by Insigne with ease.

There's so much talent around the globe that generally goes unnoticed by bigger clubs.

16 minutes ago, JDY said:

That new winger Napoli have got looks like a serious player. But now he's at a club that will make it impossible for him to leave anytime soon.

Khvicha Kvaratskhelia?

d2a6205c0f153f47b5d989da994f0588.png7ad6642b0c0efebfbbca7a0ce7ff6ad7.png

Edited by Vesper

13 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I was going to say the exact same thing. He's literally come out of nowhere & is seemingly filling the void left by Insigne with ease.

There's so much talent around the globe that generally goes unnoticed by bigger clubs.

they don't escape me!!!

🤣

Chelsea: Boehly 'did all he could' to land £150m star at Stamford Bridge

https://www.givemesport.com/88055454-Chelsea-boehly-did-all-he-could-to-land-150m-star-at-stamford-bridge

Chelsea came close to signing West Ham United midfielder Declan Rice this summer, with Todd Boehly even structuring payments for his transfer, according to journalist Simon Phillips.

What is the latest on Rice?

According to The Athletic, West Ham have slapped a £150 million asking price on Rice in a bid to deter potential suitors.

Back in April, David Moyes also emphasised that the 23-year-old would not be leaving, telling a press conference: “The first thing to say is that he is not for sale. If you are interested, well, it will be north of that. One hundred (million pounds) was cheap last summer. One hundred and fifty just now would be minimum but he is not for sale.”

However, it is understood that Rice would be open to joining Chelsea, after previously being dropped by the Blues academy as a teenager.

Manchester United and Manchester City have both held a reported interest in the 32-cap England international, but with the pair signing Casemiro and Kalvin Phillips respectively this summer, it remains to be seen whether they will remain in the race.

What has Phillips said on a potential transfer?

Phillips understands that Chelsea pushed hard to try and sign Rice in the summer window, even going as far as to structure their payments for a deal.

The journalist says that the new owners at Stamford Bridge gave their all to try and secure his signature but ultimately came up short.

Phillips told GIVEMESPORT: “The owners did all they could to try and get him. They went to West Ham, they had conversations about him and I was told that it even went as far as structuring the payments of the deal.”

1 of 15

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

How does this make any sense if we’ve brought in Zakaria for the season? It doesn’t, clearly.

Would be part of the rebuilding process, the club keeping options open on midfielders with both Kante & Jorginho out of contract

Maybe we can throw Ziyech into the deal and get rid of another player that wants to leave. 

only players who are worth anywhere near £100m

no GK's, (not even Oblak as he is soon 30yo now and £100m for a 30-something GK next summer is crazy, same for Cuntois and Alisson, plus Donnarumma is not at £100m level yet) and only one CB, no FB's, 4 DMF's (all except Rice are hybrids, and I do not count Bellingham as a DMF at all) De Bruyne is not included, due to age, same for Salah, VVD, Lewa, Benz

£200m + level

Kylian Mbappé     
Erling Håland

huge drop off (some of the following are maybe not quite there yet, but i would NOT lose my mind if we bought them for around £100m, although Kane's age is an issue)

Jude Bellingham
Rafael Leão
Victor Osimhen
Dušan Vlahović 
Lautaro Martínez    
Joshua Kimmich 
Declan Rice
Pedri 
Gavi
Vinicius Junior
João Félix
Phil Foden   
Harry Kane (soon not, due to age)
Christopher Nkunku  (only IF he has same numbers or near as last season)
Rúben Dias
Jamal Musiala 
Aurélien Tchouameni
Nicolò Barella

59 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Would be part of the rebuilding process, the club keeping options open on midfielders with both Kante & Jorginho out of contract

Maybe we can throw Ziyech into the deal and get rid of another player that wants to leave. 

Edson Alvarez is not good enough to be part of a legitimate rebuilding process

he is not a youth prospect, he turns 26yo a few months into next season, he doesnt have 4 or 5 years to get better, he is what he is

he is a farmer league player with no transcendent potential

it really is that simple

Sangare is even worse, thank FUCK we did not buy him, I would have lost my shit

neither one are worth anywhere near £50m or so

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

surely this has to be bullshit

Chelsea will make fresh move for Edson Alvarez in January

https://football-talk.co.uk/174253/Chelsea-will-make-fresh-move-for-edson-alvarez-in-january/

Chelsea will make a fresh attempt to land Ajax midfielder Edson Alvarez in January after failing to secure his services on deadline day, CBS Sports journalist Ben Jacobs claims.

The Blues made a formal £43 million bid for the Mexico international on August 31, but Ajax were against selling him, considering the Dutch transfer window was closing on the same day.

Alvarez tried to push for a transfer by refusing to train, but Ajax stayed firm on their transfer stance. According to Jacobs, Chelsea will make a fresh approach for the 24-year-old at the turn of the year.

Has been confirmed by the athletic we will back for Alvarez in January. 

Edited by Blues Forever