Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Leicester City are not interested in selling Ben Chilwell in the next transfer window - even if they are offered in the region of £50m.... Sky Sports. #CFC

Well i guess  to say hello  to  Nicolas Tagliafico :wave:
ALABA

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Just now, milka said:

Leicester City are not interested in selling Ben Chilwell in the next transfer window - even if they are offered in the region of £50m.... Sky Sports. #CFC

So they will sell if someone offer more than 50 million...

9 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I don’t think Havertz and CB are mutually exclusive but tbf I could. It care less if we sign Havertz. Maybe bc I am 99% it won’t happen but I agree, GK and CB are our biggest weaknesses. So I am somewhat irritated by the lack of noise in that department. Our Defence is probably the one thing Lamps Grasp of a he situation has been behind My expectations. It is clear we need more quality there if we want to maintain his very offensive style. And there are plenty even left footed cbs available for decent prices. Most are as usual on your radar already but I watched some Frankfurt games lately and Ndicka has developed nicely. He is a leftie, very quick, tall, very mobile, good reading of the game. Not the best on the ball but still young. Reminds me of young Vvd.  Would IMO probably be our best CB after a season of acclimatization.

Dont forget LB as well. The post I replied to had Alaba at LB, which would be massive.

Evan N'Dicka I have posted on often in the past, but I have to say he looked so blääääää in almost game I saw him play, as did Frankfurt overall, that I came off the boil with him.

Maybe I need to watch some more. Left-footed CB's of Chels quality and who are actually available are fairly rare I find. Look at the response Gabriel gets on here. Laporte and Lucas Hernandez (PSG will try, Bayern would be insane to sell him), and Clément Lenglet have zero chance of coming here, so that leaves my number one by far, Romagnoli, plus Mohammed Salisu, Pau Torres, Dan-Axel Zagadou, Presnel Kimpembe (tough pull), Alessandro Bastoni (tough pull), Benoît Badiashile (teen), and I will add in Evan N'Dicka. Umtiti looks spent, Abdou Diallo is not as good as most on this list.

6 hours ago, milka said:

no idea why all are so excited by Nicolas Tagliafico

he is better than what we have now, but he is small (poor in the air) and has only played in weak leagues (not only that, he only started playing in the EU in 2018), plus he is very soon 28yo, so we only would get 2 sub 30yo seasons out of him

if we are going the 27, 28, 29yo year old route

David Alaba

Alex Sandro

Alex Telles

Lucas Digne (27 in a month)

are all better players

I am not saying he is shit at all, but surely we can do better

hell, I maybe think that Layvin Kurzawa (27 now, 28 in the fall, and finally healthy again) on a FREE would be better for a couple years than dumping out £30m or so on Tags (and I am not even the biggest Kurzawa fangirl, although he has been spectacular on occasion when truly  healthy)

that would free up cash for CB or GK and still would be an upgrade over what we have now

along those lines, so would a swap with Juve, Alex Sandro for Emerson

Go all out for Theo Hernadez...Ben is not worth all the stupid game Leiceater is trying to play...Theo can slot in as emergency centre back perhaps we continue to have problem there or we ended up not strengthening the position...

2 hours ago, Alabama said:

Go all out for Theo Hernadez...Ben is not worth all the stupid game Leiceater is trying to play...Theo can slot in as emergency centre back perhaps we continue to have problem there or we ended up not strengthening the position...

Theo and Alaba (at a fair price) are my first two choices

Hernández has beast potential and is the perfect size (1.84m) for a fullback, very strong, pacey

and like you said, can slot in at CB (as can Alaba)

7 hours ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

This is a old, obsolete story. Long time ago, yes, he was moaning about that, he used to want to play as no.8. But now, he is playing as CB, never moans, even he thanked Pep because Pep taugh him how to play as CB. He has become more professional. 

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2019/11/25/20981605/bayern-munich-david-alaba-pep-guardiola-manchester-city-transfer-bundesliga-thomas-muller

OK. Thank you. If we can get him to happily play LB we'll all be delighted.

10 hours ago, Jason said:

So they will sell if someone offer more than 50 million...

they have very little reason to sell unless he demands to go

they have a multi-billionaire owner

they are 95% likely to get CL

they never spend huge money

they sell players for mega-high prices

they have no huge stadium debt

they have no FFP issues

extraordinarily well-run club, especially by English standards

they are really solid in most positions

but they need to start looking for Vardy's successor , Ollie Watkins from Brentford or Huddersfield Town's Karlan Grant are worth looking at

and another CB (Jonny Evans turns 33yo in January) <<<< if I were them I would make a move for Caglar Söyüncü's Turkish national teammate, Ozan Kabak from Schalke, only 20 but looks a real deal and perfect build for the EPL, and/or try and sign the 18yo Tanguy Kouassi on a free from PSG

and they need a RWer (they have none, unless they play Ayoze Perez there) <<<< Riccardo Orsolini from Bologna would be perfect, super under the radar, 23yo, left footed, decent pace, 1.83m, good in the air, nice shot, great passer, has been Bologna's best player, Juve pedigree, maybe Dwight McNeil from Burnley as well

plus another good to great CMF , Maximilian Eggestein from Werder Bremen could be had for cheap if Werder get relegated, or even better, Weston McKennie (Schalke again, and the 2nd best yank footballer, after Pulisic)

that all assumes they hold onto all their players

3 hours ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

Great, thank for checking my english. At least i know i only had one basic grammatical error:P

I'm really sorry but my careless typing, and lack of proof reading, means that my 'correction' needs more help than the sentence it attempted to comment on. 🙁 

I typed, 'This an old story.' 

I should have typed, 'This is an old story.'

I'm going to delete the original post. It's served its purpose. Albeit very badly. 🙁🙁