Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea board clash with Frank Lampard over Timo Werner transfer because of Aubameyang

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1292681/Chelsea-board-Frank-Lampard-Timo-Werner-Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang-Arsenal

Head coach Frank Lampard and technical advisor Petr Cech were pushing the Chelsea hierarchy to pursue a deal for Arsenal forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

The Gabon international is in the final 12 months of his contract in north London and could be available on the cheap.

Chelsea had an enquiry about Aubameyang rejected in January but the Gunners are more open to selling their captain at the end of the season.

The 31-year-old was top of Lampard's shortlist, according to The Athletic’s Ornstein & Chapman podcast.

I call BS on this one. Why would Lamps and Petr travel to Germany when they want Aubameyang instead and afterwards complain they got the exact player they pitched to. Also Auba would be cheap. We could still sign as emergency option if Tammy leaves over the contract quarrels

Auba would've been a fantastic short term option. But that was before we knew Werner could be had. Offers everything Auba does but is 6 years younger and will get better.

Aubameyang is super screwed if he's unhappy at Arse right now. No top club is going to meet their asking price during the pandemic when he's nearly 31. 

33 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Not even Alonso himself can doubt that Chilwell is the superior player. Quicker, more intelligent while being in the same decent technical level. Alonso is more of an offensive threat but we know at what cost he will come. IMO it is a matter of price. For everything above 40m I would say we should look elsewhere. I would prefer Telles or Theo Hernandez obviously but rather roll with our current lbs than with our current cbs. It’s a shame that while we have tons of mids there is no one coming from the academy who could nail the lb place cos this position has been there for the taking for years now. 

Technically, Alonso is miles ahead of Chilwell. Alonso has one of the best left foot's in the country, while I would question that he is more intelligent which I would say is par. Chilwell is quicker but that is about it. 

Hernandez is never happening. We are more likely to sign to sign Lewandowski then get him off of Bayern. 

43 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I call BS on this one. Why would Lamps and Petr travel to Germany when they want Aubameyang instead and afterwards complain they got the exact player they pitched to. Also Auba would be cheap. We could still sign as emergency option if Tammy leaves over the contract quarrels

It's the express! Call bullshit on anything they print

16 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Technically, Alonso is miles ahead of Chilwell. Alonso has one of the best left foot's in the country, while I would question that he is more intelligent which I would say is par. Chilwell is quicker but that is about it. 

Hernandez is never happening. We are more likely to sign to sign Lewandowski then get him off of Bayern. 

wrong Hernandez

we are talking about Theo at AC Milan

not his brother Lucas at BM

57 minutes ago, Jason said:

I know but Daily Express Shit went and made it sound like something bad happened when nothing happened.

Come now Jason, we all know by now Chels negativity gives the media a hard on.......let them choke on it.

Grown-up Gallagher gives Lampard freedom to ignore midfield in Chelsea rebuild

https://theathletic.com/1754364/2020/04/18/conor-gallagher-chelsea-chances-grow/

CONOR-GALLAGHER-scaled-e1587135315849-1024x681.jpg

Football’s shutdown has halted a season that was making a man of Conor Gallagher and brought him back to his childhood.

Having been given permission to leave his apartment in Swansea prior to the United Kingdom’s lockdown, the 20-year-old is spending much of his days kicking a ball around the garden of his family home in Surrey, the same patch of grass where he first honed his skills in daily battles with his three older brothers.

If the remainder of the Championship season can be finished at some stage, Gallagher will have plenty to play for.

Swansea City sit 11th in the table but are only three points outside the play-offs with nine matches left, and the Chelsea loanee is still four goals shy of the target he set himself in August — to reach double figures in his first campaign of senior football.

Conor Gallagher Chelsea

But even if the pandemic means he has kicked his last ball for Swansea, Gallagher has more than made his point in the Championship.

The plan was always to take time this summer to discuss the next stage of his development with Chelsea, and his rapid adaptation to competing against men had ensured that head coach Frank Lampard would face an interesting decision.

Gallagher’s dream is to play for Chelsea, the club of his heart and his home since the age of seven. But as his decision to swap Charlton Athletic for fellow second-tier side Swansea in January underlined, he is single-minded in his determination to maintain the steep upward trajectory of his career. The next step is the Premier League, and he backs himself to be ready for it sooner rather than later.

Chelsea could keep him and use him, loan him elsewhere in the top flight or sell him. All options will be on the table when those talks take place, and the decision reached will depend heavily on where Lampard sees Gallagher within the landscape of a wide array of midfield talent, much of it from the Cobham academy and the rest acquired at great expense.

Lampard took an early liking to Gallagher last summer, including him in the first-team squad’s pre-season trip to the Republic of Ireland and deploying him as his No 10 in a friendly against Bohemians. But he also likes N’Golo Kante, Jorginho, Mateo Kovacic, Mason Mount, Ross Barkley, Billy Gilmour and Ruben Loftus-Cheek, the last of whom he hasn’t even been able to pick yet because of long-term injury. Something has to give.

That could be Barkley, who has been inconsistent on the pitch and tested Lampard’s patience off it. The Athletic reported in December that Chelsea are open to selling the England international this year if they receive a sizeable offer, but his departure alone may not open up the minutes Gallagher will need to continue his development.

Gallagher’s contract, signed in July 2019 before he was loaned to Charlton and running until at least June 2022, brings no immediate pressure. A loan to a Premier League club next season could suit all parties, and if it is pitched to him as the home stretch of a journey that will lead him back to Stamford Bridge in summer 2021, it will be hard to resist.

The spectre of Chelsea going into the transfer market for midfield reinforcements will be a consideration, but Lampard is prioritising other areas of the pitch.

In any ordinary off-season, Gallagher could feel confident of catching Lampard’s eye, but the disruption to the schedule caused by coronavirus has complicated matters. Whether or not this season is completed, the delays will inevitably have a knock-on effect on the schedule for 2020-21 and pre-season is likely to be heavily compressed, if not scrapped entirely.

It would be ludicrous to even suggest the kind of extended overseas pre-season tour that Chelsea and other elite clubs have engaged in annually over the past decade. That is a blow for all of the youngsters looking to impress Lampard but particularly so for Gallagher, who did more than any other Chelsea loanee this season to earn first-team consideration.

The immediacy of Gallagher’s impact at Charlton pleasantly surprised even his biggest supporters at his parent club. Five goals in his first 12 league appearances — including a spectacular 25-yard strike against Derby County in October — answered any questions about whether his skill set would translate to the senior game, as well as helping Lee Bowyer’s newly-promoted team up to seventh place.

Gallagher’s goals dried up as gravity came for Charlton, pulling them into the relegation battle. He scored just once in his final 14 appearances for the south-east London club and has yet to do so in 10 games for Swansea, but playing under Steve Cooper — his coach at England Under-17 level — has enabled him to show off his other qualities.

Deployed as the most advanced member of a three-man midfield, Gallagher has become more of a creative presence, registering five assists. Three of those have been for his fellow Under-17 World Cup winner Rhian Brewster, whom Cooper borrowed from Liverpool in January.

The presence of Brewster and their fellow Chelsea academy graduate Marc Guehi helped Gallagher hit the ground running in south Wales, his first loan away from his family. All three moved into the same apartment block and were inseparable at the training ground, though a lack of outside exercise space meant it made sense for them to return home while football was suspended.

It may only have been two months, but Gallagher and those around him feel his time with Swansea has helped him answer key questions that Chelsea pose of their youngsters. He has shown he can positively impact games in a variety of ways, in two different teams with very different styles of play and aspirations. He has also proven he can look after himself off the pitch.

He has fast-tracked himself, developing his game as much in two-thirds of one season as many academy graduates do in their first two full years of senior action. Along the way, he has displayed the tireless work rate and all-round technical skill set that is increasingly the base requirement of all modern midfielders at elite clubs.

Of all the talented midfielders to come out of the Cobham in recent years, Gallagher is the one closest to Lampard in terms of profile. He combines the energy to run box to box at a high level for 90 minutes with a burning desire to attack the opposition penalty area, and the knowledge of what to do once he gets there. There are no prizes for guessing who his footballing idol was.

Gilmour’s first-team breakthrough in the week before the shutdown is particularly exciting for Gallagher. They have played brilliantly together in the youth sides, and there is a feeling their respective games complement the other’s perfectly – Gilmour as the elegant No 6 pulling the strings from the base, Gallagher the shuttling No 8 at his side.

Whether that vision is realised in Chelsea’s midfield next season, or at all, is a decision Lampard must face as he remoulds his squad.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I know but Daily Express Shit went and made it sound like something bad happened when nothing happened.

complete bullshit by The Express, it is NOT what the podcast said

the Express now joins the Sun on my banned list

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

Come now Jason, we all know by now Chels negativity gives the media a hard on.......let them choke on it.

I edited it

1 hour ago, ulsterchelsea said:

It's the express! Call bullshit on anything they print

yes

I listened to the podcast myself

I edited the post as well

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

yes

it is complete bullshit by The Express, it is NOT what the podcast said, as I just listed to the whole thing

2 hours ago, Jason said:

OH LOOK, THERE'S TOO MUCH POSITIVITY ABOUT CHELSEA! LET'S WRITE SOMETHING NEGATIVE ABOUT THEM! :doh::doh::doh: 

Lampard and the club were definitely looking at short term targets in January and on hindsight, thank god we bought none of them because right now, we look to be getting much better players and will be in a better place!

yes I listed to the podcast myself

I edited the OP

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Chilwell is technically fine. Skill also means moving the ball precisely at high Pace which Alonso is incapable of.

Finally. Took you a while to figure that out^^. I stopped listening to them one or two years after I became a Chelsea Fan. Express, Sun and the Daily mirror are rubbish

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Finally. Took you a while to figure that out^^. I stopped listening to them one or two years after I became a Chelsea Fan. Express, Sun and the Daily mirror are rubbish

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

I wanted to be fair and listened to the actual podcast

they flat out lied about it

dodgy rumours are the stock and trade of all British papers

but wilful misrepresentation via false words is another

so into the bin they go to wallow in the garbage with the Sun

I wouldn't say he's poor defensively, just average. He's the typical modern fullback. Very good going forward, mediocre defensively. Look at TAA at Liverpool. He can absolutely be gotten at defensively by quality attackers. Marcelo the same. Kyle Walker the same.
There are very few who are world class at both. 
Thing is, Alonso will score more goals going forward. Hes an easy five goals every season not including free kicks.

How many assists has Chilwell had last two seasons? Because that's his main strength over alonslow. Hes quicker, better at passing and dribbling. But IIRC hes not great in the final third. He'll be an upgrade in providing width, and building up. But you can can that for a third of the price. Alonso gets caught because he thinks hes a striker, so we wont like those types of goals with a new lb, but when alonso is back and defending i swear Chilwell is no better.

The main problem with Alonso is that he thinks hes a false fucking nine and the opposite teams can waltz down our left, but in the big games when he defends deep hes no worse than chilwell.

I just cant see the justification for wasting so much money on someone who's decent going forward and pretty average defensively.

I'm full tagliafico my man

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk