Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Like I said yesterday, all those people around the internet saying "if he's so good then why does Chelsea get a free run at him?" were stupid.
All of the top teams in the PL were interested. It's just that we are in an extremely unique position to lure him.

He would be sitting on the bench for both Man City and for Liverpool. If you mean that by unique situation, yes I agree with you.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The likes of Ornstein, Matt Law, and Honigstein are as reliable as it gets. Ornstein on his podcast yesterday explained how the transfer went down in such intricate detail that it was as if he was personally in the room when it happened. Don't think there's any need to worry now.

Absolutely none.....but still the sooner we get this on paper the better.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1292265/Chelsea-transfer-news-Timo-Werner-done-announcement-soon

Honigstein says Werner must still have his medical ahead of his move to Stamford Bridge.

However, he expects the deal to be announced shortly after the 24-year-old is allowed to travel to England.

"Well the T and the I in Timo are yet to be crossed and dotted respectively but it is all done as far as the real big parts of the deal are concerned," Honigstein said on BT Sport.

"We know there is a release clause that Chelsea will be meeting, we know that Timo Werner has agreed terms.

"My guess is that the deal will be announced soon when Werner has had the chance to have a medical because of course he cannot travel at the moment, which makes things a little bit more difficult."

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1292265/Chelsea-transfer-news-Timo-Werner-done-announcement-soon

Honigstein says Werner must still have his medical ahead of his move to Stamford Bridge.

However, he expects the deal to be announced shortly after the 24-year-old is allowed to travel to England.

"Well the T and the I in Timo are yet to be crossed and dotted respectively but it is all done as far as the real big parts of the deal are concerned," Honigstein said on BT Sport.

"We know there is a release clause that Chelsea will be meeting, we know that Timo Werner has agreed terms.

"My guess is that the deal will be announced soon when Werner has had the chance to have a medical because of course he cannot travel at the moment, which makes things a little bit more difficult."

Can people already travel between Germany and England?

Maybe I have missed something but I don't understand why with certain transfers, clubs announce that they have agreed a deal with one another and all that remains is the medical etc and some other transfers, clubs wait till everything is sorted before announcing the deal.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Can people already travel between Germany and England?

Maybe I have missed something but I don't understand why with certain transfers, clubs announce that they have agreed a deal with one another and all that remains is the medical etc and some other transfers, clubs wait till everything is sorted before announcing the deal.

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2020/may/18/europe-holidays-which-european-countries-are-easing-coronavirus-travel-restrictions-lockdown-measures

The UK Foreign Office (FCO) is currently advising against all but essential international travel for an indefinite period. However, countries across Europe have begun to ease lockdown measures and border restrictions, and to prepare for the return of domestic and international tourists.

At the UK border, all arrivals must self-isolate for 14 days from 8 June, or face a £1,000 fine. Arrivals must also provide contact and accommodation information, and the authorities have said they will carry out spot checks. Failure to supply an address may result in a £100 fine. They will also be strongly advised to download and use the NHS contact tracing app.

Germany

Borders are open to tourists from Luxembourg, and are due to reopen to tourists from the UK, the Schengen area and the EU from 15 June. Currently, arrivals must self-isolate for 14 days – but arrivals from the EU, the Schengen area and the UK will be exempt, unless entering from an area where there is a high rate of infection. Flight schedules are due to increase over the next month. Domestic train schedules have resumed, as have some cross border routes. Shops, restaurants and some hotels now open. Large events, such as festivals may return after August. The 16 states have taken different paths out of lockdown, with types and timetable of amenities open varying.

Just now, Special Juan said:

The medical shouldn't be an issue as flights are starting back up quickly. Chelsea could easily have someone out there even if it means a few weeks of quarantine either way.

unless they get an exemption there is a 14 day quarantine in effect coming in to the UK and Germany

25 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He would be sitting on the bench for both Man City and for Liverpool. If you mean that by unique situation, yes I agree with you.

I know the old cliche 'just because you haven't heard of it before, it doesn't mean it did not happen' but not sure how much I believe that Man City interest because none of the reliable sources have even mentioned them before today.

As for Liverpool, again, I'm not sure how much I buy into this whole sub player or rotation player role for Werner. One of the main reasons why he decided to join us, after Liverpool pulled out, is that he's guaranteed more game time and will be an important player. If that is the case and Klopp had said he would be a sub player/rotation player at Liverpool in their conversation, why then Werner was still so intent on joining them? I mean for the longest time possible, we all know he wanted to join Liverpool but that didn't happen because they couldn't afford it and we managed to persuade him. 

On a different note, maybe I have overestimated Liverpool's financial strength. Seems like they are paying a lot to their current players and are the Premier League's biggest spenders when it comes to agents' fees!

https://www.goal.com/en/news/why-liverpool-pulled-the-plug-on-54m-werner-as-chelsea/a1yjdfhc6i4e1rbor3o1xqytu

unless they get an exemption there is a 14 day quarantine in effect coming in to the UK and Germany

Also, there is nothing to say that a medical can't be done using their doctors and medical staff and doing it all live via video session. 

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

The medical shouldn't be an issue as flights are starting back up quickly. Chelsea could easily have someone out there even if it means a few weeks of quarantine either way.

Do we not have some sort of medical doctors connection in Germany to help do that? lol 

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

this may take weeks due to COVID-19

:(

Honestly, if everything has been agreed, they should just announce the deal first and foremost. The medical can wait...

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Do we not have some sort of medical doctors connection in Germany to help do that? lol 

Honestly, if everything has been agreed, they should just announce the deal first and foremost. The medical can wait...

I do not know all the intricacies

29 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He'd be starting life on the bench at Liverpool most likely, true. But I think he'd start quite often at City as a Sané replacement.