Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

27 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Gabriel isn't that good on the ball so whilst he may be an upgrade on what we have (I think he is probably a minor upgrade) I wouldn't say he is a massive upgrade. Salisu I do not know. Romagnoli I do agree is a very good CB but I just do not see him leaving Italy. 

I agree we seriously need a CB but the problem is who is actually achievable. For me, the only real chance we have of getting a decent one is to do some sort of swap deal with Juve but I cannot see that happening either. 

As for AC v Zouma, I would sell Zouma of the two just because I think AC has still got a bit more room to grow (but not much) and I prefer his reading of the game and passing ability. That said, we should definitely sell one if we can get another CB in. 

Gabriel is very good on the ball. how many games have you watched him? I have seen around 10 or 12.

also, unless you count the soon be 36yo Giorgio Chiellini , Juve have no left-footed CB's

Lampard wants a left-footed CB

these are the only ones remotely worth buying

Lucas Hernández (Bayern will never sell him now)

Alessio Romagnoli (the cunt Mino Raiola as his agent makes this shit hard, but he is the perfect buy otherwise)

Gabriel Magalhães I say buy him now, IMHO, if we cannot get Romagnoli

Clément Lenglet (Barca will not sell I think)

Mohammed Salisu -  Real Valladolid,  young, tall 1.91m, very pacey, good on the ball, very, very large upside, we should be scouting him, number 3 on my list for left footed CB target,all things considered

Pau Torres - Villarreal, 23yo, tall 1.91m, good on the ball, large upside, we should be scouting him

Presnel Kimpembe (I doubt PSG will sell him)

Alessandro Bastoni (worth looking at,, 21yo, 1.90m, but Inter probably will not sell)

Benoît Badiashile (too young atm to come right in I think, just turned 19yo, but is huge (1.94m) and we have scouted him), Monaco is friendly team for us

Dan-Axel Zagadou (even bigger at 1.96m, not sure if he is that good on the ball atm, and is not the paciest, 21yo)

Samuel Umtiti (has collapsed in quality of play ever since he was superb at the WC, no clue what is wrong with him, massive enigma)

3 hours ago, Styl1994 said:

For me semi realistic dream squad next season 

GK Arrizabalaga, Rajković, Caballero/HG 3rd choice goalkeeper 

RB: Azpilicueta, James 

CB: Rüdiger, Christensen, Zouma, Tomori 

LB: Chilwell/Tagliafico, Maatsen, Azpilicueta 

CM: Kovacic, Kante, Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek, Mount, Barkley, Gilmour 

RW/LW: Ziyech, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Werner, Mount 

ST: Abraham, Giroud, Werner 

Semi realistic dream? 

It is basically our squad right now with you adding LB (and one of them is definitely coming) and backup keeper.

I am confident our team will be much stronger on paper than your dream squad.

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

Yeah if we had gone with the Stadium we would have a major cost in our hands right now. 

Blessing in disguise. 

The stadium is still good to have but that will need to wait a bit more. 

we will not be in a new stadium (one that is near the present location) until the 2030's if ever

the permits are all expired, we would have to start all over again (maybe with a little less hassle) and it will take years to get to a starting date, and then 5 years or so away from SB after it is started

we are basically fucked for the next decade plus

stadiums costs have zero impact on FFP in terms of the cost of building them

it is all on the ownership, in terms of do they want to slam down 1 billion plus quid or so (we literally have the world's costliest stadium location to build at, no one else is remotely close)

they (new massive, modern stadiums) do have a massive impact, however, on balancing the books in terms of revenue

over the next ten years, we will be out 500 million to 1 billion quid in terms of balancing the FFP books and pumping in cash for improving/maintaining the team versus if a new stadium had opened up this summer

:(

7 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Semi realistic dream? 

It is basically our squad right now with you adding LB (and one of them is definitely coming) and backup keeper.

I am confident our team will be much stronger on paper than your dream squad.

they are talking about the next season as in several months from now

add in a CB and I will be shocked if we go beyond that

and we might very well NOT do a CB and NOT do a another keeper

we surely will have a a new LB, and it is ALL becuase Emerson was a fucking massive bust

I have NO clue why Emerson went back to shit

I thought he was finally healed up from that horrid knee injury and would keep on improving

but nope

pure dogshit

we all know/knew what Alonso can and cannot do

he is like a change-up for very specific types of games, and he does do SOME things immensely well, but is so slow and limited otherwise

after that (LB)

its a pure coin toss

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Gabriel is very good on the ball. how many games have you watched him? I have seen around 10 or 12.

also, unless you count the soon be 36yo Giorgio Chiellini , Juve have no left-footed CB's

Alessio Romagnoli (the cunt Mino Raiola as his agent makes this shit hard, but he is the perfect buy otherwise)

Mohammed Salisu -  Real Valladolid,  young, tall 1.91m, very pacey, good on the ball, very, very large upside, we should be scouting him, number 3 on my list for left footed CB target,all things considered

Pau Torres - Villarreal, 23yo, tall 1.91m, good on the ball, large upside, we should be scouting him

Alessandro Bastoni (worth looking at,, 21yo, 1.90m, but Inter probably will not sell)

Benoît Badiashile (too young atm to come right in I think, just turned 19yo, but is huge (1.94m) and we have scouted him), Monaco is friendly team for us

Dan-Axel Zagadou (even bigger at 1.96m, not sure if he is that good on the ball atm, and is not the paciest, 21yo)

Samuel Umtiti (has collapsed in quality of play ever since he was superb at the WC, no clue what is wrong with him, massive enigma)

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I have probably seen him about 4-5 times. For me, he is a bit like a Brazillian Gary Cahill, which isn't really a bad thing as Cahill was a great servant but he wasn't someone that took us to the next level. 

Next, I am not so sure SFL is completely set in a left footed CB. Sure, it is probably preferred but with the way our CB's are at the moment I am not sure he wouldn't take one just because they were right footed. 

As for the players you list, this is pretty much the problem with CB. Half of the players play for top teams so aren't going anywhere. Then the others are young ones with massive question marks and we need experience/guaranteed players atm not taking a risk on another 21/22 year old to go with AC and Tomori. Sure if the 21 year old is De Ligt or something, go for it but 21 year old CB's usually require another 2-3 years experience as it is the most physically demanding position on the pitch and requires a super strong mentality as any mistake can cost a goal. 

2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I have probably seen him about 4-5 times. For me, he is a bit like a Brazillian Gary Cahill, which isn't really a bad thing as Cahill was a great servant but he wasn't someone that took us to the next level. 

Next, I am not so sure SFL is completely set in a left footed CB. Sure, it is probably preferred but with the way our CB's are at the moment I am not sure he wouldn't take one just because they were right footed. 

As for the players you list, this is pretty much the problem with CB. Half of the players play for top teams so aren't going anywhere. Then the others are young ones with massive question marks and we need experience/guaranteed players atm not taking a risk on another 21/22 year old to go with AC and Tomori. Sure if the 21 year old is De Ligt or something, go for it but 21 year old CB's usually require another 2-3 years experience as it is the most physically demanding position on the pitch and requires a super strong mentality as any mistake can cost a goal. 

Whatever he is Gabriel is so not a Cahill style player, that is just silly.

I have been a monster Romagnoli fan

even with that fucker Mino for an agent, if ever there was a time to grab him, it is now, as AC Milan are FUCKED due to COVID and years of mismanagement

also, take a look at Mohammed Salisu

release clause is only £10.7m

INTERVIEW: Q&A with Real Valladolid defender Mohammed Salisu, how he popped up in Spain, his view on the Black Stars and readiness to play for Ghana

https://footballmadeinghana.com/2019/08/31/interview-qa-with-real-valladolid-defender-abdul-karim-salisu-how-he-popped-up-in-spain-his-view-on-the-black-stars-and-readiness-to-play-for-ghana/

Five facts about reported Manchester United target Mohammed Salisu

https://www.unitedinfocus.com/news/five-facts-about-reported-manchester-united-target-mohammed-salisu/

INTERVIEW: Q&A with Real Valladolid defender Abdul Karim Salisu ...Mohammed Salisu: All You Need To Know About The Ghanaian Defender ...Mohammed Salisu : Find latest News, Watch Videos - beIN SPORTS

Pau Torres too, Barca and Pep are circling

Pau Torres: 5 Things to Know About Arsenal, Chelsea & Man City Linked Star Called Up to Spain Squad

https://www.90min.com/posts/6476303-pau-torres-5-things-to-know-about-arsenal-chelsea-man-city-linked-star-called-up-to-spain-squad

FC Barcelona Approach Villarreal To Sign Young Spain International Pau Torres

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomsanderson/2020/03/22/fc-barcelona-approach-villarreal-to-sign-young-spain-international-pau-torres/#3533cf2f46a1

Barcelona must keep tabs on Pau Torres - Barca UniversalPau Torres: Living the dream for his childhood team

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

Whatever he is Gabriel is so not a Cahill style player, that is just silly.

I have been a monster Romagnoli fan

even with that fucker Mino for an agent, if ever there was a time to grab him, it is now, as AC Milan are FUCKED due to COVID and years of mismanagement

also, take a look at Mohammed Salisu

release clause is only £10.7m

INTERVIEW: Q&A with Real Valladolid defender Mohammed Salisu, how he popped up in Spain, his view on the Black Stars and readiness to play for Ghana

https://footballmadeinghana.com/2019/08/31/interview-qa-with-real-valladolid-defender-abdul-karim-salisu-how-he-popped-up-in-spain-his-view-on-the-black-stars-and-readiness-to-play-for-ghana/

Five facts about reported Manchester United target Mohammed Salisu

https://www.unitedinfocus.com/news/five-facts-about-reported-manchester-united-target-mohammed-salisu/

INTERVIEW: Q&A with Real Valladolid defender Abdul Karim Salisu ...Mohammed Salisu: All You Need To Know About The Ghanaian Defender ...Mohammed Salisu : Find latest News, Watch Videos - beIN SPORTS

Pau Torres too, Barca and Pep are circling

Pau Torres: 5 Things to Know About Arsenal, Chelsea & Man City Linked Star Called Up to Spain Squad

https://www.90min.com/posts/6476303-pau-torres-5-things-to-know-about-arsenal-chelsea-man-city-linked-star-called-up-to-spain-squad

FC Barcelona Approach Villarreal To Sign Young Spain International Pau Torres

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomsanderson/2020/03/22/fc-barcelona-approach-villarreal-to-sign-young-spain-international-pau-torres/#3533cf2f46a1

Barcelona must keep tabs on Pau Torres - Barca UniversalPau Torres: Living the dream for his childhood team

Gabriel is an intelligent defender with great timing and passing but he might be a bit slow. Surely no Cahill who was more of a last ditch slide tackle kind of guy whilst Gabriel always tries a less risky but better timed tackle. 
Salisu is an incredible athlete and will become a beast but he has 0 experience. He is not gonna come and transform the team. I have had to agree that if we sign a very young cb they will take some time to make an impact. But we have enough young CBs we need one in his prime. For that price he would be a no brainer tho.

13 hours ago, Vesper said:

RE: Gabriel, when I have seen him I would say he was better on the ball than Cahill (kind of implied in the Brazilian Cahill part), however he, for me at least displays quite a few of the same traits: 

1) Strong in the air (we really need this tbf) 

2) Slow for a modern day CB 

3) Back peddles when confronted by the fast/tricky player (this was the thing that annoyed me most with Cahill) 

4) Will go long unless there is an easy short pass.

Tbh, with Gabriel, I think he is a good player, he just isn't one where I go 'wow, he is going to come in and be our new undisputed CB1'. 

Like you, I am a big fan of Romagnoli and reckon he would be a massive boon for us. However, like you say his agent is a c**t and the bigger problem in my opinion is that he seems to me to be one of those Italian's that wants to stay in Italy. 

As for the younger ones you list, I'll take your word for them as I haven't seen them or only seen very little. However, the worry is how much time they would need to adapt and are they experienced enough to push us forward. For me the only CB under 22 I would be willing to go for is De Ligt as he has played a lot of football, has experience of being a Captain and whilst not setting Italy alight, I think that is partly due to him not being as suited to that league as he would the PL (only issue I would have with him is his speed which is average.)