Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I mentioned a while back it'll be interesting to see just how good value Ziyech will prove to be. If we had waited until after this situation may we have got him for £20-25m? Or if we had waited perhaps teams would have viewed him as a cheaper alternative to someone like Sancho and there would have been much more competition for him?

We do not know this until we see him in action for us.

We all think it is great buy and I think he will be good but we have example of Mkhitaryan.

Last season in Dortmund in 15/16 season he had 23 goals and 32 assists! He was basically best player in the Bundesliga.

It did not turn out good after in UTD so we will see with Ziyech...

2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Problem is with the first list is that even if they are loaned out, a number of them will have to have their wages subsidised. Further, with their problems and knees I am not too sure anyone is going to want to risk even subsidising part of Zappa, Drinky or Baba so they will either be here or on loan with us paying full wack. 

As for Alonso, I just did some checking and I have found various sites state £100k and not £90k or £150k: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.com/en-qa/amp/news/inter-chelsea-alonso-pedro-giroud-leave-january/1lwcjqi22pgpq1viq8s3x2ez19

Roma is paying full Zappacosta wages and they want him for next season. I saw reports. Inter want to buy Moses on discount. With one year left on contract we should accept that instead of 10m asking price.

Clubs are interested in Baka and no issue with Pasalic. Drinkwater and Baba are problem that is true.

Alonso previous contract was 90k or 100k a week. New one is 150k.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6310563/Marcos-Alonso-signs-new-five-year-Chelsea-deal-club-secure-future-2023.html

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Roma is paying full Zappacosta wages and they want him for next season. I saw reports. Inter want to buy Moses on discount. With one year left on contract we should accept that instead of 10m asking price.

Clubs are interested in Baka and no issue with Pasalic. Drinkwater and Baba are problem that is true.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6310563/Marcos-Alonso-signs-new-five-year-Chelsea-deal-club-secure-future-2023.html

every single site I saw says Alonso is on £100K PW

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

We do not know this until we see him in action for us.

We all think it is great buy and I think he will be good but we have example of Mkhitaryan.

Last season in Dortmund in 15/16 season he had 23 goals and 32 assists! He was basically best player in the Bundesliga.

It did not turn out good after in UTD so we will see with Ziyech...

Yeah completely agree, no player can be rightfully assessed until they come here and succeed or fail.

I probably should have been more clearer, but what I meant was the Ziyech deal looked like tremendous value in the market a couple of months ago just based on transfer fees and prices quoted around the continent. It will be interesting to see if that valuation still holds up after this situation.

The assumption would be not, but perhaps players in that sort of price bracket will hold their price better because there may be a greater demand for them now, as the players in higher price brackets (e.g. Sancho) are much more difficult to afford then they may have been before all of this.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I am 100% sure that United will NOT pursue werner unless somebody is crazy at United

17 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think that is the only article that has Alonso at £150k a week, lets hope for our sakes that figure is something the DM have made up. 

Zappa got his wages covered this year, but what about next when he is coming off an ACL and a football economy that has had a massive shock? Baka has been linked to PSG by sites like Goal/Daily Express etc, I am not too sure to believe them. However, what we do know is that Monaco aren't taking their option up. Moses will probably end up at Inter again, but I will bet that is for another loan and not a sale (unless we do some swap deal). Drinky is now a complete loss. Pasalic is not an issue as he is both on reasonable wages and had a good year or so. 

Personally, I still think we are not going to have much to spend as the loan army still needs their wages covered and a lot of our dead wood, are essentially unsellable in this market as no one is going to pay them their current wages (ok, maybe Emerson, but what his fee will be is anyones guess.) 

This situation sort of reminds me of 2004-07 where we had a lot of players on high wages but not good enough for the first team squad who we either had to loan and cover their wages or either released them/saw them see out their contracts. 

12 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Could someone list all the credible people to follow on twitter for Chelsea transfer news? And Chelsea in general?

simple

NONE

well, Matt Law

other than him, it is ALL tosh

I do not even know why I post articles anymore about targets (from a paper or site)

I am sticking to my own scouting and just offering up good choices

it really is all bullshit atm

I think there is fair chance we buy no one besides Ziyech

I will believe it when I see it

5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Probably just Werner team pushing for Liverpool move so they make up Chelsea and Utd interest. 

I can see us signing Werner but united, what is the point. They have Rashford and Martial 

Is Werner that much better than those two? 

Think we’ve learned by now our board works well under the radar recently. 

Kovacic, Kepa, Jorginho, Pulisic, Ziyech, 

All these signings happened under the media’s noses. We really can’t expect anything to happen until it happens. 

On 06/05/2020 at 4:13 PM, MoroccanBlue said:

Think we’ve learned by now our board works well under the radar recently. 

Kovacic, Kepa, Jorginho, Pulisic, Ziyech, 

All these signings happened under the media’s noses. We really can’t expect anything to happen until it happens. 

yep, almost all these reports are more than likely bullshit

Mertens and Chilwell interest is real, but zero clue if we actually get either done, especially Chilwell

I am fully prepared to not be shocked if we make no moves at all