Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Max Bird to Chelsea

Chelsea are 'very close' to completing their second summer signing, reports claim.

The Blues have already captured Ajax winger Hakim Ziyech for an initial £37million, but another deal is in the pipeline.

Website Todofichajes claim Chelsea are close to 'finalising' a deal for Derby midfielder Max Bird, who was given his Championship debut by Frank Lampard in December 2018.

The report claims Chelsea will pay £4.7million for the talented 19-year-old after manager Lampard 'requested' his services at Stamford Bridge.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Exclusive: Liverpool sign Victor Osimhen for € 50M

https://www.todofichajes.com/exclusiva-el-liverpool-ficha-a-victor-osimhen-por-50me/

no clue if this is legit

it makes zero sense if they are going for Werner

They aren't reliable, should wait a confirmation from Romano, Bouhafsi, Joyce, or Reddy before starting to believe this story.

29 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

They aren't reliable, should wait a confirmation from Romano, Bouhafsi, Joyce, or Reddy before starting to believe this story.

Well, Romano said he is going to Liverpool like 6 hours ago so...

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

If this is true, then we are INSANE to not make a move for him.

The only 2 strikers I would take over him would Mbappe and (I would need to see one more full year at top level to know for sure) Håland

fuck Kane, I hate him too much, lol

and Lewandowski is too old now to buy (although I only rate Mbappe better as of NOW)

If they cost the same, I would take Werner over Lautaro atm, probably, that's a tough one

Dybala is not a pure striker, and Icardi is not that great at pressing 

BTW

Icardi looks like he is going back to Inter, as PSG do not now (Covid) want to buy him, which FUCKS up Inter

if Barca has the cash, bye bye Lautaro (Conte will have a meltdown, but hej, its a new Covid world)

Skriniar might be on the selling block too (he would be the best CB we can possibly buy, as Real will not sell Varane, and I rate Skriniar the 3rd best in the world, after VVD and Varane, with Koulibaly (too old now to buy though) 4th, Laporte (if healthy) 5th, Marquinhos 6th, José Giménez 7th, Romagnoli 8th, Lucas Hernandez 9th (still think he is a better LB though than a CB atm, but that will probably change and, he is WC at either and 95% of teams will use him at CB anyway), Dayot Upamecano 10th, de Ligt has fallen out of my top 10 atm)

our huge problem is that we have 18 (NOT JOKING) dregs (well 17, Mario Pašalić is not dregs and Atalanta will buy him and sell him for a profit, even in this market) to sell, and the market is SHOT overall

Liverpool to miss out on Timo Werner as club puts summer spending on hold

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-miss-out-timo-werner-21960456

for what it's worth, which being The Mirror, wouldn't buy you a curry take-away in Tower Hamlets

Chelsea ‘clearly ahead’ in race to sign Napoli defender

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2020/05/chelsea-clearly-ahead-race-sign-napoli-defender/

Kalidou-Koulibaly-Chelsea.jpg

And according to Italian Journalist Massimo Brambati, Chelsea are ‘clearly ahead’ of the competition to sign Koulibaly this summer, as cited by Sport Witness.

Interestingly, the clubs he claims Chelsea are ahead of is their English rivals Manchester United and Manchester City.

Brambati said:

“I have received three market news.

“The most important one concerns Naples. They tell me that Kalidou Koulibaly will leave Naples.

“On his trail, there are three clubs: Chelsea, Manchester United and City coached by Spanish coach Pep Guardiola.

“Chelsea would be clearly ahead of the other two clubs.”

https://www.areanapoli.it/calciomercato/brambati-napoli-individuato-il-sostituto-di-koulibaly-mi-sono-arrivate-tre-notizie-di-mercato_370047.html

Lautaro gets wet for Barça (wtf is with the headline!)

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20200502/48890893724/lautaro-se-moja-por-el-barca.html

FC Barcelona continues to work quietly ahead to strengthen their squad ahead of next season in a context complicated by the effects of the pandemic of the coronavirus . The technical managers of the club are narrowing down the market objectives very well for the next season and the one that is clearer is that of a center forward who is giving the relay to Luis Suárez . In this sense, the favorite is Lautaro Martínez (22 years old), the 'nine' of Inter Milan , and the Barça club's movements seem to be paying off.

The fact is that Lautaro is working quietly and without fuss in favor of the Barcelona cause. With a contract until 2023 and with a termination clause of his 111 million contract between next July 1 and 15, the Argentine has opted for Barça .

snip

I like KK links. Some would not agree but for me nothing wrong with his age. Especially for CB prime years are from 27 to 32.

In this climate he would not cost more than 70m. Top clubs do not care about resale value. If you sign player for lets say 70m and you lose him for free in 5 years it is ok if he gave you 5 great years.

Real lost Pepe for free after spending a lot of money back than and same will happen with Ramos but they are their legends who won a lot of trophies so great deals.

In 99% most successful teams and teams with best defense have experienced players in the back. Juve, prime Milan, Barca with Puyol, Real, Rio turned 30 in a year when Utd won CL.

We do not have one player like this.

Liverpool will never regret if they lose VVD for free. Cahill was cheap but great servant for club just like Ivanovic. We lost them for free. 

Zouma and Christensen will never be starting material for Chelsea. Tomori probably too.

Selling Zouma of Chris for 35m or something and buying KK for 70 would be great if KK give us 3 or 4 great years. He would improve us instantly.

I am comparing this to buying someone like Gabriel or Upamecano. They are young and would not improve us instantly and we would be in a long process waiting for them.

Ofc there are better option than KK like Romagnoli, Gimenez, Varane, Marquinhos but they are not realistic at all. 

In a process of reaching City/Liverpool level as soon as possible KK>Gabriel/Upamecano/Ake/staying with same 4 CB. 

Apparently Barca does not have money and not likely Real will go big for left back considering that they spent a lot of money on Mendy and Marcelo said he is happy at Real and will stay till end of the contract even as a backup.

So we have a good chance with Alaba. He is going to cost 40m max with one year left on contract. With Ziyech already here and striker like Werner/Osimhen/Auba I think we would be able to challenge for title next season.

We are full of young academy players and I can see why club is looking for players in their prime.

Plus guys like James, CHO, Pulisic can all explode next season. They all had a lot of troubles this season with injuries. RLC can be back at his best and we know how good he can be. It is like new signing. Not to mention Gilmour.

We need to think big, Frank is a winner he will not settle with top4 again.

Can this team fight for title:

If not, what would be missing?

lineup.png.19a7217f5c71807f5c545a48c09d2d98.png

Or if RLC struggles move Ziyech to MF.

5eadf77e7b58f_lineup(1).png.7e8fe5434e50b7f4b228267be17141dd.png

Or different formation: 

5eadf7a769a92_lineup(2).png.14dff068e48a754d79c9a24f4881b7d5.png

9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I like KK links. Some would not agree but for me nothing wrong with his age. Especially for CB prime years are from 27 to 32.

In this climate he would not cost more than 70m. Top clubs do not care about resale value. If you sign player for lets say 70m and you lose him for free in 5 years it is ok if he gave you 5 great years.

Real lost Pepe for free after spending a lot of money back than and same will happen with Ramos but they are their legends who won a lot of trophies so great deals.

In 99% most successful teams and teams with best defense have experienced players in the back. Juve, prime Milan, Barca with Puyol, Real, Rio turned 30 in a year when Utd won CL.

We do not have one player like this.

Liverpool will never regret if they lose VVD for free. Cahill was cheap but great servant for club just like Ivanovic. We lost them for free. 

Zouma and Christensen will never be starting material for Chelsea. Tomori probably too.

Selling Zouma of Chris for 35m or something and buying KK for 70 would be great if KK give us 3 or 4 great years. He would improve us instantly.

I am comparing this to buying someone like Gabriel or Upamecano. They are young and would not improve us instantly and we would be in a long process waiting for them.

Ofc there are better option than KK like Romagnoli, Gimenez, Varane, Marquinhos but they are not realistic at all. 

In a process of reaching City/Liverpool level as soon as possible KK>Gabriel/Upamecano/Ake/staying with same 4 CB. 

Apparently Barca does not have money and not likely Real will go big for left back considering that they spent a lot of money on Mendy and Marcelo said he is happy at Real and will stay till end of the contract even as a backup.

So we have a good chance with Alaba. He is going to cost 40m max with one year left on contract. With Ziyech already here and striker like Werner/Osimhen/Auba I think we would be able to challenge for title next season.

We are full of young academy players and I can see why club is looking for players in their prime.

Plus guys like James, CHO, Pulisic can all explode next season. They all had a lot of troubles this season with injuries. RLC can be back at his best and we know how good he can be. It is like new signing. Not to mention Gilmour.

We need to think big, Frank is a winner he will not settle with top4 again.

Can this team fight for title:

If not, what would be missing?

lineup.png.19a7217f5c71807f5c545a48c09d2d98.png

Or if RLC struggles move Ziyech to MF.

5eadf77e7b58f_lineup(1).png.7e8fe5434e50b7f4b228267be17141dd.png

Or different formation: 

5eadf7a769a92_lineup(2).png.14dff068e48a754d79c9a24f4881b7d5.png

I think this team still missing a top GK and a goal-scoring winger. Ziyech and Pulisic would add some creativity but i can't see them scoring 15+ goals like Sancho, Gnabry, Salah, Sterling, and Mane for examples. Since we won't be able to fix everything in one window, i feel we should only focus on upgrading ST, LB, and Winger first, other positions like GK, CB, CM or AM can wait until 2021.