John Terry

chrismada9

If JT doesnt come out and deny this and club accepts the bid. JT is a money grabber, and all the fans over here who trusted JT,and posted with confidence that JT wouldnt leave, would have to eat their words. It would really be shameful if that happens.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JOHN TERRY will be forced to prove his commitment to the Chelsea cause in a series of crisis talks with manager Carlo Ancelotti.

The England captain has been the subject of sustained interest from big-spending Manchester City, who had bids of £25m and £30m rejected by the west London club last week.

But with an increased offer of around £35m planned for this week, City remain confident of getting their man, leaving bemused Blues chiefs demanding answers.

It is believed many are baffled as to where City are getting their encouragement from, especially with Terry remaining tight-lipped amid reports that his £135-a-week salary would be doubled with a move to Eastlands.

Ancelotti officially starts work as Chelsea boss today and will make securing Terry's future his number one priority, even though the captain, along with the rest of Chelsea's England contingent, aren't due back for training until Thursday.

But while the club are standing their ground on not allowing Terry to join City, it is believed that some board members would be sorely tempted by any bid of around £35m for a player who has recently recovering from a back injury and who turns 29 in December.

Source: CityAM

Edited by TrueChelseaBlue

Is he even in London? If he doesn't have to be in training until Thursday he might not even be in the country. None of the newspapers seem to have been able to contact him one way or another, and with the roundabout way City have been talking it doesn't seem as if they've spoken to him or anyone representing him either. They seem to 'know' he wants to leave based on third party information, the 'opinion' of some England internationals, and the assumption that no one would turn down 200,000 a week.

And now they're supposedly negotiating with Lucio. If they sign him they'll have Lucio, Nedum, and Dunne in the centre. Plus JT, who's going to sit on the bench - City's captain, Brazil's captain, or England's captain?

I'm not shedding any tears over this to be honest. We're all grown ups. We'll live.

That's not enough to buy one of JT's fingernails IMO

JT is worthless.... he's staying at Chelsea next season, I guarantee it... I hope!

Fact is terry aint as good as what he was. 60 million for him would be really good for the club we have young defenders like slobodan Rajkovic, ivanovic, mancienne, alex. He is 28 years old he will earn 300,000 a week we will get 60 million he has 4 more years left max LET HIM SIGN FOR CITY PLEASE.

Edited by Badboy

^ what are you smoking?

Maldini played until he was 40! JT can do the same, he's a defender he has no reason to retire at 32, he'll be going strong until the end

Ancelloti I hear said he wants JT to be captain forever too

My Heart says that John Terry will never leave but my head has that little "what if?" but I really don't want to think about that. Hopefully he does that right thing.

New Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti insists John Terry will stay at the club and is not for sale at any price.

Terry's future at Stamford Bridge has been the subject of intense speculation in recent weeks with Manchester City lining up a mega-money move for the England international.

Chelsea have snubbed two offers for Terry already, with reports suggesting cash-rich City are weighing up a new improved bid for the central defender.

However, Ancelotti, who was unveiled as Chelsea's new manager on Monday, expects Terry to stay put and wants the player to stay on as captain of the Blues.

"John Terry is a symbol of this team," said Ancelotti.

"He will be captain next season. He said he wants to stay forever and we want to keep him forever.

"Now there is a question of Man City, but for Terry (there is) no price.

"Terry will be at Chelsea forever.

"He said he wants to stay, there is no problem for him with us, the story continues - Chelsea and Terry.

"I like to have a captain like Terry, he is very close to (Paulo) Maldini for professionalism, for quality and he will be the best captain for Chelsea.

"I spoke with Terry a month ago when I came to the club and he said welcome. And after he went on holiday.

"I will speak with him because he is the captain and I want a good relationship with the captain."

When asked if the club would offer Terry a new, improved contract, he added: "It's not my problem."

Source: Sky Sports. http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5416700,00.html

^ what are you smoking?

Maldini played until he was 40! JT can do the same, he's a defender he has no reason to retire at 32, he'll be going strong until the end

Ancelloti I hear said he wants JT to be captain forever too

Lol hahaha what are you smoking a 40 year old playing for Chelsea hahahahaha in the fastest league in the world the PREMIERSHIP. :lol::lol::lol:

He didn’t want Le Coq Sportif anymore. He wanted to work with a company that was more identifiably British. A 10-year ‘brand partnership’ was therefore signed, in June this year, with Umbro.

Although it’s a subsidiary of Nike - Cook’s former employer - Umbro is pretty much still regarded as an English business.

The logo reads: Tailored by Umbro in England and the company even supplied the kits when City won the FA Cup in 1934. A new kit goes on sale next week and how City would love John Terry to be the man who leads the team out in it when the Premier League season starts in August.

Terry is England captain, they don’t come more English than the 28-year-old and he embodies many of the strengths of English football.

City, like Chelsea, have identified him as the kind of figurehead the club needs. This week Carlo Ancelotti called him a “symbol” of Chelsea and he is exactly that. Now City want him to be their symbol.

Interestingly, Terry is also clearly associated with a particular brand of sports manufacturer. Yep, Umbro. He, along with Michael Owen, has been the main face used by the company to promote its kits, clothing and boots, including for England.

Given Cook’s background in sports marketing and branding - he joined City from Nike where he was president of the so-called ‘Brand Jordan’ - it’s natural to assume that he spoke to Umbro about his plans for Terry.

It’s a clear synergy, with Umbro, no doubt, also involved in the economics of the deal. They would be delighted to lure Terry from Chelsea whose supplier is adidas.

Such sportswear deals are worth multi-millions. It’s rumoured that Michael Ballack only chose Chelsea because he also has a deal with adidas and whether or not that is true, the German midfielder is known as “Mr adidas” at Stamford Bridge.

At the same time adidas were delighted at the signings of Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo by Real Madrid because both players have, previously, had such close and lucrative links with Nike.

Cook’s strength is marketing and brand awareness and its unthinkable that in his discussions over Terry and the eye-watering salary City are prepared to pay him, plus the huge transfer fee for a 28-year-old, that he has not factored in the money that can be recouped through the close links the club and the player have with Umbro.

It also shows, perhaps, the direction in which more and more proposed transfer deals are moving. Its increasingly a business transaction as much, if not more, than a sporting one.

He didn't want Le Coq Sportif anymore. He wanted to work with a company that was more identifiably British. A 10-year 'brand partnership' was therefore signed, in June this year, with Umbro.

Although it's a subsidiary of Nike - Cook's former employer - Umbro is pretty much still regarded as an English business.

The logo reads: Tailored by Umbro in England and the company even supplied the kits when City won the FA Cup in 1934. A new kit goes on sale next week and how City would love John Terry to be the man who leads the team out in it when the Premier League season starts in August.

Terry is England captain, they don't come more English than the 28-year-old and he embodies many of the strengths of English football.

City, like Chelsea, have identified him as the kind of figurehead the club needs. This week Carlo Ancelotti called him a "symbol" of Chelsea and he is exactly that. Now City want him to be their symbol.

Interestingly, Terry is also clearly associated with a particular brand of sports manufacturer. Yep, Umbro. He, along with Michael Owen, has been the main face used by the company to promote its kits, clothing and boots, including for England.

Given Cook's background in sports marketing and branding - he joined City from Nike where he was president of the so-called 'Brand Jordan' - it's natural to assume that he spoke to Umbro about his plans for Terry.

It's a clear synergy, with Umbro, no doubt, also involved in the economics of the deal. They would be delighted to lure Terry from Chelsea whose supplier is adidas.

Such sportswear deals are worth multi-millions. It's rumoured that Michael Ballack only chose Chelsea because he also has a deal with adidas and whether or not that is true, the German midfielder is known as "Mr adidas" at Stamford Bridge.

At the same time adidas were delighted at the signings of Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo by Real Madrid because both players have, previously, had such close and lucrative links with Nike.

Cook's strength is marketing and brand awareness and its unthinkable that in his discussions over Terry and the eye-watering salary City are prepared to pay him, plus the huge transfer fee for a 28-year-old, that he has not factored in the money that can be recouped through the close links the club and the player have with Umbro.

It also shows, perhaps, the direction in which more and more proposed transfer deals are moving. Its increasingly a business transaction as much, if not more, than a sporting one.

A complete crock of shite.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You