Watford 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

1 minute ago, cosmicway said:

Watford was better than UTD but it was a poor performance from Chelsea.
Where was James ? 

Hopefully he, Kante, and Jorginho are ready for Saturday, because I can't take another 90 minutes of what we just saw. 

One thing we cannot do now is drop points this month as we go up against Liverpool, Man City and Spurs in January.

It may be tough but having those 3 games one week after each other is going to be difficult so keeping winning all our games to then is going to have to be paramount. Or taking as close to maximum points as possible from the next 6 games.

8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

One thing we cannot do now is drop points this month as we go up against Liverpool, Man City and Spurs in January.

Liverpool are heading down a dangerous track from their lack of rotation. 

These next couple months could be a make or break for either club. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

33 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Hopefully he, Kante, and Jorginho are ready for Saturday, because I can't take another 90 minutes of what we just saw. 

Those players should help, but we continue to have huge issues against teams that high press. Reminds me of the City game, how we couldn’t pass out of the back. One of the issue is Mendy, he can’t help bypass the press and can’t distribute unless options are 5 yards away.

Edited by Clockwork

Never going to play well every game throughout a season.

We were desperately poor tonight but when it's games like this it's all about grinding the 3 points out. I don't think we were nearly this bad against Brentford but we did take a hammering from them in the last half hour and struggled. But that is two games that we've managed to pick up maximum points when really not having any right to. It bodes well for the season because I do feel that Liverpool and City have a tendency to drop points if they don't play well, which both have recently.

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

That is a really weird comparison. Langley was a No 9 and scored a few crucial goals

Langley was top scorer in 77-78.
England had failed to qualify for the Argentina world cup but Don Revie was about to create a new squad for euro 1980 and Langley was expected to be the first choice when a terrible injury happened to him.
Three years later he reappeared but could n't really play anymore.
I think Saul had a similar story.

I can't remember the last time I watched such a violent game.

It's hard to blame Watford because none of the challenges were worthy of a red card but we were pretty close to lose another three players during the match. Shocked to see that Mount managed to pull through after the first half, I believe we will hear that he's unfit for the near future. 

At this pace we will be out of the race by Christmas.

1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

Langley was top scorer in 77-78.
England had failed to qualify for the Argentina world cup but Don Revie was about to create a new squad for euro 1980 and Langley was expected to be the first choice when a terrible injury happened to him.
Three years later he reappeared but could n't really play anymore.
I think Saul had a similar story.

Tommy scored some of my favourite CFC goals. There were the couple he scored in the 4-0 Stamford Bridge promotion celebrating win over Hull the week after he had scored the goal in a 1-1 promotion securing draw at Wolves. Some things I remember clearly about Tommy but I don't remember him ever being regarded as first choice for England.

P.S. Hands up anyone who ended up on the pitch after that Hull game all those years ago. 🙋‍♂️

Edited by OhForAGreavsie