Robin Gosens

Hashishi

14 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Germany's Robin Gosens Got Back At Cristiano Ronaldo With Masterclass Against Portugal

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-germanys-robin-gosens-got-back-at-cristiano-ronaldo-with-masterclass-20210619

Germany's Robin Gosens Got Back At Cristiano Ronaldo With Masterclass Against Portugal

Robin Gosens dropped a masterclass in Germany's 4-2 win over Portugal - and he'll no doubt have been pleased to have taken the headlines away from Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Atalanta star was named 'Star of the Match' by UEFA after capping off a marauding display up and down the left flank with two assists and a goal.

The 26-year-old was the man everyone was talking about after the six-goal thriller at the Allianz Arena and you get the feeling he will have enjoyed it even more because of an embarrassing moment he had involving Portugal talisman Ronaldo in the past.

Gosens has lined up against Ronaldo in Serie A and on one occasion, asked the Juventus superstar for his shirt. The five-time Ballon d'Or winner was not in the mood for swapping shirts and Gosens was left feeling "ashamed" and "small".

He recalled the story in his biography 'Dreams are worthwhile.'

"After the game against Juventus, I tried to fulfil my dream of having Ronaldo jersey," Gosens wrote, as per Goal.com,

"After the final whistle I went to him, having not even gone public to celebrate ... but Ronaldo did not accept.

"I asked: 'Cristiano, can I have your shirt?' He didn't even look at me, he just said: 'No!' I was completely blushed and ashamed. I went away and felt small.

"You know that moment when something embarrassing happens and you look around to see if anyone noticed it? That's what I felt and tried to hide it."

Hilariously, Gosens' Atalanta teammate Hans Hateboer gifted him a Ronaldo shirt and captured his priceless reaction as he opened the present in the dressing room.

After Saturday's outing, however, it really ought to have been Ronaldo asking for Gosens' shirt.

This time, the former Heracles Almelo did not make a request for Ronaldo's shirt after the game and instead collected a much deserved award for a wonderfully energetic performance.

"I didn't ask him for his shirt, as I want to enjoy the victory and this evening,"Gosens told Sky Sport Italia post-match.

Wasn’t convinced of him at Atalanta, particularly defensively but would also say that maybe we have to wait and see how he does the rest of the tournament.

Lets not forget, he was poor vs France in both offensive and defensive phases of the game and you want to see how these guys do in the big games before getting too carried away. Improved against Portugal and was very impressive going forward but Portugal didn’t exactly offer a tough test.

10 hours ago, Fernando said:

Would be a good buy. 

After Chillwell we need another back up. 

Get rid of Alonso and Emerson and get this guy. Nice upgrade. 

Geezer would be ahead of Chilwell in a 3atb system. 

9 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Looks like he could also possibly play LCB too. 

I don't think so. He is strong and good in the air but in terms of positioning he is more like alonso, drives forward a lot and can be caught missing at the back. the timing of his tackles could be better and you see that he only started playing at a high level late in his career by his technical limitations. He would be an absolute asset at LWB vs smaller teams that park the bus tho.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You