Crystal Palace 1-4 Chelsea

Jase

Just now, Pizy said:

It’s actually a bit comical how unreal the Jorginho + Kova midfield 2 look when opponents don’t press vs when they do. Encapsulated in just these last few days. They’re destroying and toying with Palace here but struggled massively against Porto who were constantly hurrying them.

This is why Kante has to partner Kova in the biggest games against the best teams.

Good to have options though 👍

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

We have been good today for sure.

But it's also true that Palace have been very passive. 

Your first reaction was to say that Palace were shit. That's telling after we've played amazing and scored 3 goals for the first time under TT.

4 minutes ago, Azul said:

Your first reaction was to say that Palace were shit. That's telling after we've played amazing and scored 3 goals for the first time under TT.

Does it matter which order I put the sentences? lol 

We can only beat what's in front of us. So given what's in front of us today, we've done well. But at the same time, won't also get carried away because even Jorginho and Kovacic have looked good today and that's without them getting harassed like against Porto and West Brom. If we can perform this well consistently against pressing teams, then I would jump for joy then. 

Just now, Jason said:

It does, in my opinion. It's like you're trying to find an excuse for why we're playing so good going forward. 

It's very simple, Timo is not playing. So we have 3 good attackers instead of 2.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

We can only beat what's in front of us. So given what's in front of us today, we've done well. But at the same time, won't also get carried away because even Jorginho and Kovacic have looked good today and that's without them getting harassed like against Porto and West Brom. If we can perform this well consistently against pressing teams, then I would jump for joy then. 

We still had problems scoring goals against low block teams.

2 minutes ago, Azul said:

It does, in my opinion. It's like you're trying to find an excuse for why we're playing so good going forward. 

It's very simple, Timo is not playing. So we have 3 good attackers instead of 2.

Not my fault if you're being picky and were you saying this after the second leg against Atletico? We played well in that game with Werner upfront along with Havertz and Ziyech. 

And I also added this to the previous post...

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

21 minutes ago, Pizy said:

As much as I love Reece and he’s 100% our best 2 way fullback, CHO offers a whole different level of attacking threat in the open field. What let’s him down is his final ball. Ironically, if Callum had RJ’s delivery he’d be a world class player. His pace and technical ability in tight areas is awesome.

Still don´t get why James didn´t play as a RCB so far. On paper he would fit the requirements for this position perfectly.. 

5 minutes ago, Azul said:

We still had problems scoring goals against low block teams.

Yeah but one game here doesn't mean we're suddenly good at breaking down such teams. 

If Tuchel plays this XI and we can do it against say Brighton, West Ham, Arsenal, then I'd agree with you.

Sample size still too small for now. Fair?

Just now, Jason said:

Yeah but one game here doesn't mean we're suddenly good at breaking down such teams. 

If Tuchel plays this XI and we can do it against say Brighton, West Ham, Arsenal, then I'd agree with you.

Yup agree with that statement. We need to be more 1 touch football against those teams 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Not my fault if you're being picky and were you saying this after the second leg against Atletico? We played well in that game with Werner upfront along with Havertz and Ziyech. 

And I also added this to the previous post...

Atletico played a highline because they had to get the win. So they were pressing us, they weren't a lowblock team. Bad example to use.

They parked the bus in the first game. Timo only got an assist, but his performance was questionable as always. If you think Timo had a performance that CP is currently having then you're smoking something mad.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Sample size still too small for now. Fair?

Sample size for Timo is large enough to conclude he's average😂😂 Your boy should be benched, no more excuses