Is Mason Mount Chelsea’s most important player?

James

Mason Mount has become one of the most important players in Frank Lampard’s 4-3-3 formation. He has been subject to some unwarranted criticism from a section of Chelsea and England fans, but there is a reason why both Lampard and the England manager, Gareth Southgate keep picking him. For Lampard especially, Mount has become indispensable. […]

View the full article

lol

To make Mount look good Frank needed to destroy all players around him and play them out of position. After we get rid of Frank I expect Mount to be sold to Norwich or something like that for 12-15m.

lol
To make Mount look good Frank needed to destroy all players around him and play them out of position. After we get rid of Frank I expect Mount to be sold to Norwich or something like that for 12-15m.

Hahahha, I don't think he is that bad that we only get 12 mio. pounds for him. He is English and he gets a lot of hype. He is also very good at social media marketing.

But definitely not good enough for our starting eleven. He is currently a poor man's Oscar and Oscar was an average joe at best.

But I am losing hope with Frank, because Frank really thinks Mount is some sort of mastermind and he even thinks that Mount is better than Kovacic.

If we get a new coach like Conte, Mount would be out because Conte only cares about football and is ruthless. Oscar and Willian had a very hard life under him, because Conte does not like players that are not good enough.
But I would think that a guy like Poch would love Mount. Poch loved Alli and Alli is very similar to Mount apart from personality.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

lol

Mount is worth at least £60-70m

16 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Agree, he is an intelligent footballer, who will only get better. 

plus he is English, very young and already an England Sr Team regular

he is a tireless presser and when he is on his game is extremely integral to our side, Lampard or no Lampard

I would go fucking bonkers if we sold him

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

plus he is English, very young and already an England Sr Team regular

he is a tireless presser and when he is on his game is extremely integral to our side, Lampard or no Lampard

I would go fucking bonkers if we sold him

Yes his tracking back is impressive, and game reading. (The more we keep this up, the more it pisses off the Mount detractors here :D )

If he was Brazillian and called Mountinho people here would be creaming their pants

8 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yes his tracking back is impressive, and game reading. (The more we keep this up, the more it pisses off the Mount detractors here :D )

If he was Brazillian and called Mountinho people here would be creaming their pants

I do not give a rats red arse what nationality a player is, if they are shit, they are shit

if they are good they are good

I think foreign quotas are bullshit

all of the England Sr players would start in any league on the planet, quotas or no quotas

half or more of the yanks are insanely xenophobic and yet the NBA signs foreign players like crazy, and have no quotas for home grown, none of their sports leagues do

even more so, look at baseball, lolol, put foreign quotas on them and the teams would lose half their players

yank footie is really only seriously played in the US, and sort of in Canada (and there are a lot of Canadians in the NFL), so it is the only major sport over there that is pretty much dominated by yanks only

23 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I do not give a rats red arse what nationality a player is, if they are shit, they are shit

if they are good they are good

I think foreign quotas are bullshit

all of the England Sr players would start in any league on the planet, quotas or no quotas

half or more of the yanks are insanely xenophobic and yet the NBA signs foreign players like crazy, and have no quotas for home grown, none of their sports leagues do

even more so, look at baseball, lolol, put foreign quotas on them and the teams would lose half their players

yank footie is really only seriously played in the US, and sort of in Canada (and there are a lot of Canadians in the NFL), so it is the only major sport over there that is pretty much dominated by yanks only

I remember two of my politics lecturers saying that Nationalism is the worst ism, responsible for most conflicts. 

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

lol

If there is another positive thing if Frank gets the sack except the improvements on the field, is this guy being sold, and avoid wasting money on his buddy Rice. Anyone who thinks Mount will be anywhere near the starting line if we get another coach not named Lampard or Southgate is properly in denial, more talented players like Ruben and Barkley were sent on loan for less than him and don't expect anything else here.

All this talk of selling Mount is kinda silly. Whether he will be first choice long term wise remains to be seen but I think he would be a decent backup option to have in the team at the very least. Unless we want to go spend stupid money like 30, 40, 50 million on the Drinkwaters and Bakayokos of this world, we should be using our academy players to be backup choices where possible and then spend the money on improving the first team. 

23 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

If there is another positive thing if Frank gets the sack except the improvements on the field, is this guy being sold, and avoid wasting money on his buddy Rice. Anyone who thinks Mount will be anywhere near the starting line if we get another coach not named Lampard or Southgate is properly in denial, more talented players like Ruben and Barkley were sent on loan for less than him and don't expect anything else here.

English midfielders I rate over Mount:

Grealish, Maddison, Rice, Henderson, Barkley, Barnes, Ward Prowse, Harrison, Phillips, Foden, Gallagher. 

3 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Hahahha, I don't think he is that bad that we only get 12 mio. pounds for him. He is English and he gets a lot of hype. He is also very good at social media marketing.

But definitely not good enough for our starting eleven. He is currently a poor man's Oscar and Oscar was an average joe at best.

But I am losing hope with Frank, because Frank really thinks Mount is some sort of mastermind and he even thinks that Mount is better than Kovacic.

If we get a new coach like Conte, Mount would be out because Conte only cares about football and is ruthless. Oscar and Willian had a very hard life under him, because Conte does not like players that are not good enough.
But I would think that a guy like Poch would love Mount. Poch loved Alli and Alli is very similar to Mount apart from personality.

Mount had great month but again nothing last 5 games. I didn't criticise him because that would make me hypocrite considering others are not better. 

But articles like this are so annoying because they are complete bullshit. 

Games Mount didn't started this season: Krasnodar 0:4, Sevilla 0:4, CP 4:0, United 0:0 and dead game against Russian side where we played second team. When was the moment when we said oh we miss Mount. He is just serviceable squad player like Kovacic. There are 10+ more important players in our squad. 

Apart from honeymoon period he needs like 15 games to score a goal and 20 to make open play assist. 

Yes, Oscar was never good enough but is like 3 times better player. 

When I said 15m that was ott but 70m is as well. That is Bruno price and just compare their numbers and what they bring to the team. Just imagine Mount in some mid table team. No one would ever say we should sign him. He would not start in Everton, Villa for example. 

I praise him when he deserves but to write this shit after last 5 games? Really? 

3 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

English midfielders I rate over Mount:

Grealish, Maddison, Rice, Henderson, Barkley, Barnes, Ward Prowse, Harrison, Phillips, Foden, Gallagher. 

you are doing chalk and cheese comparisons

Grealish is no 10/winger/AMF

Maddison the same, minus the wing play

Rice is a straight up DMF and can play CB

Barnes is winger, not a CMF at all

Henderson is legit comparison, but he will soo be done with his peak years, zero chance I would take him over Mount, he is too old

Foden is more of a winger or AMF

Phillps is a DMF

Barkley is probably a fair comparison <<< joke!

Gallagher is fair comparison, but too inexperienced to make a call, not a chance atm he is better than Mount

Harrison? LOLOLOL Mount is so far beyond him, you must be having a laff, plus he is a winger, and he has played !5 total games in his career of topflight football at the age of 24yo, 2 weeks ago he had one goal, now he has 3, as he got 2 against shit teams, both in 5 goals for Leeds blowouts

listing Harrison alone makes this list suspect, plus it isn't comparing like for like other than the 3 I listed

On 30/12/2020 at 11:48 PM, Vesper said:

Grealish is no 10/winger/AMF

Maddison the same, minus the wing play

Henderson is legit comparison, but he will soo be done with his peak years, zero chance I would take him over Mount, he is too old

Foden is more of a winger or AMF

Barkley is probably a fair comparison <<< joke!

I think Mount's position is much more closer to what Grealish, Maddison and Foden play than Henderson. He is also AM and winger. I don't think he can play in double pivot. 

This is why I expect some numbers from Mount. Barkley scored the same number of goals for Chelsea this season as Mount and Kovacic together lol