• Havertz
    • Werner
    • Ziyech
    • Giroud
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

25 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Yes they do...just recently they begin to recognise the work he has done though still long way to go but they slated him several times especially last season due to our leaky defense when actually there is next to nothing you can do when you have Kepa behind you...

The change in personnel is one thing but we were also too open defensively as a team last season. We were too easy to play against, which was a problem and that was compounded by poor individuals in defence. This season and of late, we have looked far more solid and have more balance in the side. I mean, how many basketball-esque games have we been involved this season compared to last season? 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

It's often said that the table doesn't lie but it sort of feels like it is currently. It feels like the current top 3 are way out ahead with a comfortable cushion but the cushion is basically nonexistent. United have been woeful in almost every match they've played but produce a moment or two of quality in a lot of their games and ride their luck to victories. Arse can barely score a goal and are playing Emery-ball still. Leicester look insanely good one match and then get humiliated by relegation fodder the next.

One poor result or two for the top 3 along with a good result or two for the chasers and these poor sides can go top. Just feels wrong. 

City are the only ones who genuinely look to have flipped the switch recently.

To be fair, it is only 11 games into the season even though we are already into December. 

One assumes the likes of Wolves, Southampton, West Ham will drop off a bit in the next few games but it's the other 4 teams in the Top 5 that is kinda concerning. Not much separating us and Spurs, Liverpool, Man United and Man City in that section and the latter two teams have a game in hand. Never mind the title race, this top 4 race could be a dogfight too! We really need to make sure we pick up maximum points over the next few games since there are United v City and Liverpool v Spurs coming up. 

13 hours ago, Alabama said:

Kinda amazing despite the media hype Arteta is getting yet slating Frank....though early times but the platform and the framework done so far is so impressive and I hope we can only get better from here... but Arteta on the other hand the style he plays is so boring and uninspiring despite the gaffer he learnt from...

There is a quality that everyone knows is an important component of a manager's make up but it doesn't get mentioned as often as I think it should. Intelligence. It's not that people find any problem complimenting the people who have it, it's that no one wants to state the opinion that xyz person does not have it. Easiest thing, politest thing, is to just leave the topic alone. Frank has it. He also has lot's of experience and has been around high level football literally all his life. On top of everything he would have just absorbed by being around them, he can also call on his family for guidance when he needs it. Lastly he has demonstrated that he recognises and values technical quality in footballers.

It is for all of these reasons that I have always wanted Frank to be Chelsea manager one day. That day came earlier than I expected but his attributes give him a great chance. There is still no guarantee that he will succeed to the extent we would like, but the combination of the decent start he has made and his personal qualities mean the club should, no must, persevere with him. Persevere and continue to back him.

I'm viewing other platforms and Leeds fans in big numbers are gushing over our performance saying it's the best they've faced this season by a distance (for context they've faced both City and Liverpool) and they believe it was the first time all season they were truly outsmarted and kept at arms length.

For them to concede that as a herd given how they feel about us and especially Lampard carries some weight in my eyes.

5 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Don't you just love Arabic commentary? Even though, like me, you may not understand a word of the language, there's a rhythm and a cadence to it that just suits the action.

P.S. on current form, both his own and that of other players competing for his position, Kova is clearly a first choice selection.