• Werner
    • Ziyech
    • Abraham
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)

Easy win. We were not tested tonight due to the stupid rules but I will take it.Defensively we are improving but we struggled in attack even in the second half. The clean sheet is the positive I could take from this game. 

My take on the:

1). Mendy is the best

2) I dont think we were too bad, its just that the circumstances did not demand too much commitment from us.

3) Get Jorginho out of the team. He just does not fit our style. He is a great player for another team 

4) No one stood out today, perhaps Reece James was the MOM

5) We lacked chemistry in the front today.  Hope this is fixed for Saturday game.

Points in the bag, I dont care

5 minutes ago, hiterto said:

My take on the:

1). Mendy is the best

2) I dont think we were too bad, its just that the circumstances did not demand too much commitment from us.

3) Get Jorginho out of the team. He just does not fit our style. He is a great player for another team 

4) No one stood out today, perhaps Reece James was the MOM

5) We lacked chemistry in the front today.  Hope this is fixed for Saturday game.

Points in the bag, I dont care

It was because we played 4231 again. Honestly, we need to stop playing it as our passing in midfield goes to pot when we do. Today was great in that we won, but when it was 11 v 11 and then again from the 50th minute we were not transitioning the ball through midfield properly. 

7 minutes ago, King Kante said:

It was because we played 4231 again. Honestly, we need to stop playing it as our passing in midfield goes to pot when we do. Today was great in that we won, but when it was 11 v 11 and then again from the 50th minute we were not transitioning the ball through midfield properly. 

Pretty sure it was 4-3-3 to begin with but things just didn't really click.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yeah it was 4-3-3, the only issue is players like Kovacic/Kante are more used to sitting back in a double pivot. They don't always take up the same positions that Mount or Havertz do, although Kante tries.

Still would like to see Mount-Kante-Kovacic, with Kante back at CDM for the weekend. Not comfortable with Jorginho playing there unless its a team that parks the bus.. 

Just now, Blue Armour said:

Yeah it was 4-3-3, the only issue is players like Kovacic/Kante are more used to sitting back in a double pivot. They don't always take up the same positions that Mount or Havertz do, although Kante tries.

Still would like to see Mount-Kante-Kovacic, with Kante back at CDM for the weekend. Not comfortable with Jorginho playing there unless its a team that parks the bus.. 

I don't know what to make of our midfield anymore, especially when it's 3 from Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante and Mount. We saw games last season where any combination of 3 from the 4 look good in some matches and then just horrible in others - for example, the Jorginho-Kovacic-Mount combo during that winning run in September-November. They were great during that run but things just went crap after that.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't know what to make of our midfield anymore, especially when it's 3 from Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante and Mount. We saw games last season where any combination of 3 from the 4 look good in some matches and then just horrible in others - for example, the Jorginho-Kovacic-Mount combo during that winning run in September-November. They were great during that run but things just went crap after that.

Well it kind of got broken up by Kante, which meant Mount got shift out to the wing a lot. One thing is for certain, Mount is twice the player in a No.6/No.8 position. 

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well that must've been a pretty quick change as we went to 4231 by the 10th minute. To be honest, I wasn't sure of the set up in the first few minutes but it was 4231 for most of the half. I put it down to all the chopping and changing and it took them a few minutes to settle.