Kai Havertz

Blues11

Needs to start adding that killer instinct to his game. Like this season is the one where he really has to. Gets into the positions and has everything else but just not clinical enough. Can keep saying perceive with him etc as he gives X, Y and Z but now City and Liverpool have went and brought in proper CFs, who will score goals and with that, it feels like this season will be even harder to close any gap without a proper CF who suits this team. 

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Is nobody else worried on how this guy fits into the starting line up? 

What is his position? 

False 9? Really?

I think ideally he should be the AMF in a 4-2-3-1 (we're never gonna play that). In a 3-4-3 I don't really know, he's not a wide player nor a b2b midfielder, so CF is probably the most suitable if we wanna shove him in the line-up. Maybe we should play 3-5-2 more if we're gonna persist with 3 atb and have him as a SS to... i don't know, Broja?

Edited by manpe

2 hours ago, DDA said:

Is nobody else worried on how this guy fits into the starting line up? 

What is his position? 

False 9? Really?

i dont know what position is his best. He never shown what he was in Bayer. I dont rate him as 9, last season he has the most missed big chances in club.

10 minutes ago, Last Sicarius said:

One year between twitts not much changed apart missed chances :D Our #9

Wow... that is pretty damming! Terrible finisher. 

What do you think @Tomo?

53 minutes ago, DDA said:

Wow... that is pretty damming! Terrible finisher. 

What do you think @Tomo?

It's hard to keep full track on what games what at such high speed but i think a lot of those misses in the first video came in games where we had a good team performances (Madrid sides at home, Madrid away, Palace away) and we've already seen what happens when we panic and just look at the top line to replace that. Which brings me back to my point that he has often facilitated good team performances even when he hasn't played that well.

The second video is just a waste of time, there's not a single player on the planet you couldn't do a video like that for if you looked hard enough for footage. And that's before I mention half of it came during the period he was shortly back from a bad bout of Covid.

16 hours ago, Last Sicarius said:

One year between twitts not much changed apart missed chances :D Our #9

The background music shows the lack of intelligence of the ones who made those videos, especially the second one. Watching Havertz miss those shots wasn't nearly as painful as listening to that horseshit.

16 hours ago, Tomo said:

It's hard to keep full track on what games what at such high speed but i think a lot of those misses in the first video came in games where we had a good team performances (Madrid sides at home, Madrid away, Palace away) and we've already seen what happens when we panic and just look at the top line to replace that. Which brings me back to my point that he has often facilitated good team performances even when he hasn't played that well.

The second video is just a waste of time, there's not a single player on the planet you couldn't do a video like that for if you looked hard enough for footage. And that's before I mention half of it came during the period he was shortly back from a bad bout of Covid.

Tomo I can't help but feel you're making excuses for him. 

Most of those misses are pretty bad.. I mean he should be putting those in and yea if he was tallying up tonnes of goals and making those misses it wouldn't matter but he isn't... 

What is his game actually?? 

Pick the ball up and run at defenders with a little lay of pass at the end. 

He looks fantastic when he ghosts in behind the defence and scores but it doesn't happen enough... and he makes easy opportunities look hard.

I dunno... I know there is a player in him, as he shows flashes of brilliance but this is his 3rd season... there are no excuses this time.

He has scored the goals to win uns Champions League and World Cup. That is  80m well spent. If we want to criticize him we can but we should start with the other muppets.

All our attackers look terrible. But that is only partly their fault. We just don't have an attacking system in place that makes them look good with quick releases, direct vertical balls etc. In our slow, posession-based 3-4-3 the attackers mainly do the donkey work for the wingbacks to exploit the space in the channels. Can easily see Chilly/RJ get into double figures in either goals or assists if they manage to play another season together without injuries. If we were to play more counter-attacking football and actually train early balls and releases we would see our pacey attacker shine a lot more. 

Also our attackers' chemistry is just bad, probably because they are rotated all the time. Of all our attacing combinations only Mount and Havertz have somewhat decent understanding.

Since this is the Havertz thread it's a damn good place to start. He's been very underwhelming since he joined, can't think of three games where I have sat back and said to myself "Something else this lad" And I'm sorry but I'm massively thankful for the CL winning goal, but aside from that he is nowhere near the level I expected him to be at a few seasons on.

If some idiot came in now with 100m you'd snap their fucking hands off.

25 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He'll score 8 goals this season and people will still find excuses for him. 

Mad

Call me old fashioned but if he is facilitating the team doing well which he has largely done when played as F9 then absolutely, infact I wouldn't even class it as excuses. We've already seen ourselves the disastrous consequences of just looking at the goal figures of a striker and assuming it falls into place.

Funny you specifically numbered 8 goals though, because that's one less than Liverpool's main CF got when they won the league in record time, and i bet they will never hit close to those heights with Nunez even though he's a much more reliable scorer.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Call me old fashioned but if he is facilitating the team doing well which he has largely done when played as F9 then absolutely, infact I wouldn't even class it as excuses. We've already seen ourselves the disastrous consequences of just looking at the goal figures of a striker and assuming it falls into place.

Funny you specifically numbered 8 goals though, because that's one less than Liverpool's main CF got when they won the league in record time, and i bet they will never hit close to those heights with Nunez even though he's a much more reliable scorer.

Firmino

9 Goals

8 Assists

10 big chances created

Havertz

8 Goals

3 Assists

3 big chances created

Your notion that Havertz matches Firmino's influence as a "facilitator" isn't holding up. 

9 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Firmino

9 Goals

8 Assists

10 big chances created

Havertz

8 Goals

3 Assists

3 big chances created

Your notion that Havertz matches Firmino's influence as a "facilitator" isn't holding up. 

One started every game bar three in the same position while the other was thrown around positions and in and out of the team to accommodate Lukaku.