Kai Havertz

Blues11

20 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I can't say I know what the current set up is at Roma very well but I'm pretty sure Kolarov has been first choice there so I assume they will be in for a left back and Emerson is an Italian international and one that they know so perhaps there will be interest there. 

They have Spinazzola. At the moment he is in Italian NT unlike Emerson. But lets see about Jorginho.

Yep, seems like this is signed, sealed, and done. I pray the club doesn't make us wait another week for him to return from international duty. 😂

We're probably just waiting for Bayer to announce Schick first or something. Let their supporters have a bit of excitement to offset the disappointment of losing their star.

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Germany play in Switzerland? Dont tell me UK have them on quarantine list after they come back?

We have to register him before the first game, for him to be able to get an exemption. 

Edit: The first Germany game that is

We have to register him before the first game, for him to be able to get an exemption. 
Edit: The first Germany game that is

Before the first Germany game? Does that mean we need to announce him or register him to the FA secretly before that game to get him the exemption for quarantine?

I am very excited to imagine how beautiful the Chelsea attack could become with a front 3 of Pulisic-Werner-Ziyech, with Havertz right behind.  The speed and technical skill in tight spaces in that group could look downright Argentinian (in a good way). And a rotation that includes CHO (he finished strong) and Giroud in that attacking front 4 would be powerful.  It only leaves 2 other starting spots for three excellent midfielders--Mount, Kante, Kova.  But with the compressed schedule and injuries, all these people will get to play. Barring serious injury problems, the minutes for RLC and Barkley might not be sufficient to keep them happy, but such is life at a top club. I do worry about the pressure on the CBs and box to box midfielders if both our outside backs play like attacking wings.  But time will tell.

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

If we really have to wait till this dumb international matches are done before announcing Havertz, then we may have to wait until at least next Tuesday (Sept 8) before he gets to London. :middlefinger:

Damn. Even if we have to wait for his in-person unveiling and all the pageantry, I hope we can at least officially announce it this week.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Damn. Even if we have to wait for his in-person unveiling and all the pageantry, I hope we can at least officially announce it this week.

Saw others mentioned it and I figured the club would want to milk the announcement as much as possible with interview, pics of holding the shirt, smiling with Marina etc.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Saw others mentioned it and I figured the club would want to milk the announcement as much as possible with interview, pics of holding the shirt, smiling with Marina etc.

Maybe he secretly did all that yesterday when he skipped Leverkusen training? :ph34r:

If we really have to wait till this dumb international matches are done before announcing Havertz, then we may have to wait until at least next Tuesday (Sept 8) before he gets to London. :middlefinger:

Looks like it’s true that if he wants to avoid quarantine when he comes to the UK from Swiss he needs to be registered as Chelsea player before his first Germany match. Don’t know if it’s correct info though.

8 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

Looks like it’s true that if he wants to avoid quarantine when he comes to the UK from Swiss he needs to be registered as Chelsea player before his first Germany match. Don’t know if it’s correct info though.

It is true.

They are talking about Van De Beek but from 1:13, the presenter mentioned about the exemption that will be granted by the UK government if Van De Beek is registered as a United player before either of Netherlands' games. The rule applies to all players in the PL and EFL who are away on international duty. 

The club could complete the Havertz deal and register him quietly before announcing the deal next week...

It is true.
They are talking about Van De Beek but from 1:13, the presenter mentioned about the exemption that will be granted by the UK government if Van De Beek is registered as a United player before either of Netherlands' games. The rule applies to all players in the PL and EFL who are away on international duty. 
The club could complete the Havertz deal and register him quietly before announcing the deal next week...

Thanks for digging up mate. According to this rule surely we would register Havertz as Chelsea player before this Sunday otherwise it’s getting silly.