Kai Havertz

Blues11

Bild said yesterday that Havertz has agreed to (this is a huge wage) £346K PW

Star agrees 5-year deal worth £346k-a-week as Chelsea close-in on 3rd major signing

https://football-talk.co.uk/158535/star-agrees-5-year-deal-worth-346k-a-week-as-chelsea-close-in-on-3rd-major-signing/

Chelsea appear to be one step closer to signing Kai Havertz after agreeing a five-year contract worth around £346,000-a-week with the Bayer Leverkusen star, according to reports todaHavertz has been strongly linked with a move to Stamford Bridge all summer with widespread reports over the past few weeks suggesting that Chelsea have been locked in negotiations with Leverkusen trying to thrash out a deal.

It looks like Chelsea are now one step closer to signing Havertz as the Guardian claims that the 21-year-old attacking midfielder has agreed terms over a five-year contract with the Blues.

This supports what BILD are reporting as the German outlet, via the Daily Mail, suggests that Havertz will earn around £346,ooo-a-week at Chelsea – which works out at £90m over the course of the five-year contract.

All that remains if for a fee to be agreed between the two clubs but the Guardian says Chelsea will have to increase their offer after seeing an opening bid worth £58.6m plus £13.25m in add-ons rejected by Leverkusen – who are demanding £90m.

WHY CHELSEA HAS TO PAY SO MUCH MONEY

Havertz is now becoming
a 200 million man!

https://www.bild.de/bild-plus/sport/fussball/fussball/bayer-leverkusen-jetzt-wird-kai-havertz-zum-200-mio-mann-72452472,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

55 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Havertz will definitely succeed, his movement off the ball and decision making on the ball is world class and those are what separates a good player from a great player. 

Then why all the worry about the pressure from the transfer fee? :rant:

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Bild said yesterday that Havertz has agreed to (this is a huge wage) £346K PW

Star agrees 5-year deal worth £346k-a-week as Chelsea close-in on 3rd major signing

https://football-talk.co.uk/158535/star-agrees-5-year-deal-worth-346k-a-week-as-chelsea-close-in-on-3rd-major-signing/

Chelsea appear to be one step closer to signing Kai Havertz after agreeing a five-year contract worth around £346,000-a-week with the Bayer Leverkusen star, according to reports todaHavertz has been strongly linked with a move to Stamford Bridge all summer with widespread reports over the past few weeks suggesting that Chelsea have been locked in negotiations with Leverkusen trying to thrash out a deal.

It looks like Chelsea are now one step closer to signing Havertz as the Guardian claims that the 21-year-old attacking midfielder has agreed terms over a five-year contract with the Blues.

This supports what BILD are reporting as the German outlet, via the Daily Mail, suggests that Havertz will earn around £346,ooo-a-week at Chelsea – which works out at £90m over the course of the five-year contract.

All that remains if for a fee to be agreed between the two clubs but the Guardian says Chelsea will have to increase their offer after seeing an opening bid worth £58.6m plus £13.25m in add-ons rejected by Leverkusen – who are demanding £90m.

WHY CHELSEA HAS TO PAY SO MUCH MONEY

Havertz is now becoming
a 200 million man!

https://www.bild.de/bild-plus/sport/fussball/fussball/bayer-leverkusen-jetzt-wird-kai-havertz-zum-200-mio-mann-72452472,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

I really don't believe we will blow our wage structure up and pay Havertz over 300k per week. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

I really don't believe we will blow our wage structure up and pay Havertz over 300k per week. 

I does seem a REALLY high wage

backwards engineering it

it magically works out to

€100m total fees (including add-ons)

€100m in total wages for 5 years

so

abracadabra

€200m on the nose at current FOREX rates

I wonder if they just cooked that up for a an easy headline number

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I agree. We may have handed out some stupid contracts for some players such as Drinkwater and Kepa but one thing we have managed to do in recent times is not get caught up too much in the explosion of wages (especially those that the likes of PSG, Barca, Real and United pay out).

My understanding in recent times has been that Kante is on roughly £300k per week and everyone else is under £200k per week and I would argue that Kante in his time here has deserved to be highest paid, particularly after Hazard left.

I cannot see someone coming in on such a mammoth wage, that besides Kante will pretty much double anyone else's salary at the club.

2 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

The guesses at his weekly wage are all over the place. I think the best explanation (guess) for the $100M personal was a sign on bonus similar to what Werner received.

$100M

or 

€100m

or

£100m

?

huge differences between those

100m usd is only a little over 75m quid for example

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I does seem a REALLY high wage

backwards engineering it

it magically works out to

€100m total fees (including add-ons)

€100m in total wages for 5 years

so

abracadabra

€200m on the nose at current FOREX

I wonder if they just cooked that up for a an easy headline number

Some have suggested part of it could be the signing-on fee and even though it is quite high IMO, paying Havertz around 200k per week makes a lot more sense than 300k+. Marina isn't crazy enough to pay him over 300k and someone who is not an established world class player (yet) despite the talent. IF she does that, she's essentially gonna create a problem with the other players' contract and wages. 

Just now, Jason said:

Some have suggested part of it could be in the signing-on fee and even though it is quite high IMO, paying Havertz around 200k per week makes a lot more sense than 300k+. Marina isn't crazy enough to pay him over 300k and someone who is not an established world class player (yet) despite the talent. IF she does that, she's essentially gonna create a problem with the other players' contract and wages. 

we are thinking along the same lines, that is why I posted that story, to get feedback from you and all the others

This thread has mores pages then the following players under contract by chelsea: Jorginho, Kepa, Pulisic, Bakayoko, Emerson, Rudiger, Batsh*t, Barkley, Mount, Tomori, Kovacic, Tammy (and probably more).

Our lil' Havertz is really something :cig:

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yea, would definitely take that figure with a pinch of salt.

But likewise with Werner's wages reported by BILD their figure includes every possible bonus as well as a hefty signing on fee (would guess a one-off payment around €10-15m in a transfer of this size). 

Assuming the figures are even close to truth I'd say it's likely his basic wage will be somewhere in the 200k/wk ballpark with another ~50-80k/wk locked in various bonuses. If all bonus conditions are reached, we could be looking at a title win with Havertz bagging 20 goals, in which case the club would surely be happy to pay him the whole amount.

But adding up everything for the whole five years and automatically assuming any possible performance-clauses will be reached makes for a more tasty headline and gets them clicks.

13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

$100M

or 

€100m

or

£100m

?

huge differences between those

100m usd is only a little over 75m quid for example

My mistake, I meant 100 pounds. Often at work I post quickly. I just defaulted to my currency.

9 minutes ago, Valdo said:

This thread has mores pages then the following players under contract by chelsea: Jorginho, Kepa, Pulisic, Bakayoko, Emerson, Rudiger, Batsh*t, Barkley, Mount, Tomori, Kovacic, Tammy (and probably more).

Our lil' Havertz is really something :cig:

Jorginho  nightmare to sell now that old smoker got binned

Kepa nightmare at every level

Pulisic either we talk about his brilliance or his injuries, which are in a race

BakaDonkeyoko all we can hope for is that we do not completely cave in and end up selling him for what AC Milan are offering atm (€15m ie £13.5m) which is around £30m less that what the club was hoping for starting the lone season he played here

Emerson, other than Kepa the worst player on the 25 man roster, see BakaDonkey for reduce sales price pattern

Rudiger is discussed a lot, mainly a core group of haters and then people like me who hope he comes back to form and that he is our best CB atm (and that in and of itself is fucked)

Batshittypoo see the other systematically reduced sales price rotters

Barkley, main news on him is usually related to his alcoholism, SELL him

Mount, discussed a lot, again ie rudiger has a hardcore group of haters, but they have retreated to the bushes lately, I fucking love him

Tomori, the biggest unknown of all in terms of appearances, why the fuck did Lamps disappear him like a mob witness

Kovacic, our player of the year IMHO (Puli 2nd, Giroud in the 2nd half 3rd), but he is not talked about a lot because he si so uncontroversial and steady

Tammy no clue on him, it is all up to him, started out on fire, and then crashed

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Then why all the worry about the pressure from the transfer fee? :rant:

Because I've seen what that fee did to Dembele, Coutinho, Griezmann, Jao Felix and others like Kepa who is the record goalkeeper. I'm just hoping that he doesn't fall under pressure :(