Kai Havertz

Blues11

Yeah, starting to feel something is going on with this one. If it was just a case of argeeing a fee you would've thought it would've been done by now. That said, it is Granny doing the negotiating so maybe not, as without a buyout to activate or a reasonable priced gentleman's agreement, we always seem to take forever or not get things done. 

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

If we don't complete this over the next week I don't think it's happenening. It'll be a week from tomorrow since they went out of Europe and all the sources said things would kick on. No news since then.

Maybe the only thing holding it up is what is mentioned above. Bayer want new faces through the door before letting Havertz go. Can't imagine what else would be taking so long. 

September 1st is my deadline

if no deal by then, Havertz likely not coming

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

and she was quite shit at it in far too many cases

she has done better lately much better, so lets hope this continues

Nah, a buyout and a cheap gentleman's agreement is her forte. Her previous buyouts include: Costa, Kante, Ba and Kepa. Gentleman agreements: Cesc and Ziyech. I give her credit for those as everything bar Kepa (who was quite clearly a panic buy) where pretty good and we nipped in before other teams. It's when we have to negotiate that things seem to go to pot. 

13 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Nah, a buyout and a cheap gentleman's agreement is her forte. Her previous buyouts include: Costa, Kante, Ba and Kepa. Gentleman agreements: Cesc and Ziyech. I give her credit for those as everything bar Kepa (who was quite clearly a panic buy) where pretty good and we nipped in before other teams. It's when we have to negotiate that things seem to go to pot. 

£400m plus  and counting net loss on shit buys, horrid contractual management, botched buys, turned downed sales, etc since summer 2017 (some of that is on the board) says otherwise

56 minutes ago, Vesper said:

and she was quite shit at it in far too many cases

she has done better lately much better, so lets hope this continues

Lets wait to see how Werner, Ziyech and others adapt to PL. Then we can talk about great deals or flops. 

Even Jorgi and Kepa ultimately proved they were flops and not worth the money and time.

Since Torres, Morata etc I prefer to wait even if a big name is signed.

44 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Lets wait to see how Werner, Ziyech and others adapt to PL. Then we can talk about great deals or flops. 

Even Jorgi and Kepa ultimately proved they were flops and not worth the money and time.

was including Pulisic and Kovacic in the 'good lately' column

51 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Chelsea have signed Werner and Ziyech.

There ya go, 2 big name signings.

10 minutes ago, Valdo said:

Chelsea have signed Werner and Ziyech.

There ya go, 2 big name signings.

By that I meant even if we sign a big name (that Werner and Ziyech defo are) doesnt mean they are gonna be big players for us.

They might flop, so I will wait first to see how they play here and then judge if the board did a good job identifying and buying them.

6 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

By that I meant even if we sign a big name (that Werner and Ziyech defo are) doesnt mean they are gonna be big players for us.

They might flop, so I will wait first to see how they play here and then judge if the board did a good job identifying and buying them.

I know, that was "phun" intended. I think Ziyech will settle in the league sooner then Werner, I think Werner might struggle the first couple of weeks. But I'm sure they won't turn out to be Torres/Morata/Bakayoko/Drinkwater w/e level signings.

18 minutes ago, Valdo said:

I know, that was "phun" intended. I think Ziyech will settle in the league sooner then Werner, I think Werner might struggle the first couple of weeks. But I'm sure they won't turn out to be Torres/Morata/Bakayoko/Drinkwater w/e level signings.

haha i see.

I agree, Ziyech and Kai if signed will definately adapt to the league in their own way because they have quality, question is if they suit the league. Like Di Maria who is absolute class, just not for PL.

Werner isnt technical, so there is always some chance he just isnt good enough for a big club. He could flop easier than other two signings. We shall see.

I hope they form some badass attack in couple seasons.

Liverpool was in for Werner, but Liverpool was undecisive about the move and Werner is here.

If the reports that almost all is done are true, then Kai will be here sooner or later. Its big transfer and this takes time.

But if we are ducking around, I can see United get ahead. They too have UCL, and after sevilla loss they must improve and have money since they didnt buy Sancho.

3 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Liverpool was in for Werner, but Liverpool was undecisive about the move and Werner is here.

If the reports that almost all is done are true, then Kai will be here sooner or later. Its big transfer and this takes time.

But if we are ducking around, I can see United get ahead. They too have UCL, and after sevilla loss they must improve and have money since they didnt buy Sancho.

They didn't buy Sancho specifically because they don't have the money, also why would they be after Havertz with Bruno and Pogba.

I agree however I'm very worried about this transfer, Matt Law and others saying it's a matter of when not if but this silence on all fronts puts me off, if no positive news this week I seriously think we blew it.

1 minute ago, Pulisicismydaddy said:

They didn't buy Sancho specifically because they don't have the money, also why would they be after Havertz with Bruno and Pogba.

I agree however I'm very worried about this transfer, Matt Law and others saying it's a matter of when not if but this silence on all fronts puts me off, if no positive news this week I seriously think we blew it.

Leverkusen CEO said Kai is ready for the next step just last week. IMO the rumours have gone silent because pretty much everyone knows at this point Kai to Chelsea is not a surprise anymore. The only next step is official confirmation. 

It was the same with Werner. Apparently he agreed terms and then it was nothing for couple weeks and then announcement.

With United and cash I meant they have enough for Kai. They were willing to pay 100m for Sancho, but Bvb wanted 120m. But 100m would be enough to buy Kai. 

They dont need Kai, they need proper winger. But you know how clubs work these days. United has cash and they will hope to land a supertalent now with Sancho out of the picture. And there arent many bigger talents than Kai out there. 

But IMO this is a done deal. If it wasnt all bs since the beggining and Kai realy wants us etc, then its done deal.

10 minutes ago, Pulisicismydaddy said:

I'm pretty sure the Werner deal was similar to this though. Got 'leaked' out that Chelsea were in the driving seat ready to complete the deal but everything went quiet for a week or so before it heated back up again and the deal was announced. 

And that was a simple release clause deal. This one is far more complicated and as a result the negotiations are likely to be more long winded because we'll want to structure the deal and/or clauses as favourably as possible for us. 

There hasn't been anything from a reliable journo to suggest that this has broken down and the suggestions that Havertz has decided he wants to come to us are only a positive. I just think some patience is needed with this one.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

haha i see.

I agree, Ziyech and Kai if signed will definately adapt to the league in their own way because they have quality, question is if they suit the league. Like Di Maria who is absolute class, just not for PL.

I think ADM was more a case of he quickly realized how shit that United side were and if they were going do anything of any note he'd have to carry them in ways never seen in the PL before.