• Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Gilmour (sub)

I don't think this is a case of Lampard trying to shoe-horn Kante into the side otherwise he would have been playing as one of the two in front of the deepest midfielder.

Lampard has obviously analysed things during lockdown, and determined that there is something he doesn't like and is trying to address it.

The problem I have with that is it is very risky to make such a big change to our structure at this stage of the season.

I'm not against moving to a 4-3-3 with a holder and two number 8's moving forward. But the number 8's have to effect the game much more than what Mount and Barkley do. Neither offer the ability to control a game like Kovacic can, so they need to be providing goals and assists. Mount's industry to a degree is effective in other ways and he links the game well but we need goals from that area and they don't come enough.

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

zouma starts the game off with a completely needless clearance. and watford showed how they gonna play this match already. hoof long balls to deeney and sarr

Lamps must have seen that coming from a mile off, lets see how it pans out

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I don't think this is a case of Lampard trying to shoe-horn Kante into the side otherwise he would have been playing as one of the two in front of the deepest midfielder.

Lampard has obviously analysed things during lockdown, and determined that there is something he doesn't like and is trying to address it.

The problem I have with that is it is very risky to make such a big change to our structure at this stage of the season.

I'm not against moving to a 4-3-3 with a holder and two number 8's moving forward. But the number 8's have to effect the game much more than what Mount and Barkley do. Neither offer the ability to control a game like Kovacic can, so they need to be providing goals and assists. Mount's industry to a degree is effective in other ways and he links the game well but we need goals from that area and they don't come enough.

plus kante was injured a lot and maybe he would have played him instead of jorginho there anyways if he had not been injured and his actual philosophy is more conservative than we though.