Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

10. Christian Pulisic


nachikethas
 Share
Followers 7

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a lovely little ball for the 4th that was.

Read an article today that shows at present his productivity with and without the ball is overall pretty poor compared to the other players in his position. He averages fewer tackles per 90 mins

I see he wears No. 22. Hopefully he will keep it at the Bridge.  You know what I mean.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Pulisic has played only 591 minutes for us and already has 3 goals and 5 assists. 

That's less than 7 games and he is already so close to his best all season record in Dortmund. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 


 

3 hours ago, communicate said:

Wow, I am surprised that cr only has one hattrick. But then I check wiki he scored double digit in the league only three times with Manu. 

I don't want to play the "I told you" card but it's funny how everyone is happy with him now. In January, he was only a marketing move, injury prone, average... Ronaldo left MU at the age of 24, he reached his prime years later. Just check his statistics at the age of 20.. Also Agüero, Suarez, Messi, Sterling, Salah, Firmino, Mané, Griezmann, Neymar and many more.. None of them reached their prime at the age of 20.

 

Ofc Pulisic still can be a flop - André Schürle scored a PL hattrick for us too :D - but he clearly got the talent and skills, we have to be patient, he might end up a world class product in a couple of years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Ofc Pulisic still can be a flop - André Schürle scored a PL hattrick for us too :D - but he clearly got the talent and skills, we have to be patient, he might end up a world class product in a couple of years.

But Hazard also scored a PL hat-trick for us. :ph34r:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

That's less than 7 games and he is already so close to his best all season record in Dortmund. 

Halfway there, sort of. The most he's scored for Dortmund in a season was 7 in 2018/19 and the most he's assisted for them in one season was 13 in 2016/17. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

 


 

I don't want to play the "I told you" card but it's funny how everyone is happy with him now. In January, he was only a marketing move, injury prone, average... Ronaldo left MU at the age of 24, he reached his prime years later. Just check his statistics at the age of 20.. Also Agüero, Suarez, Messi, Sterling, Salah, Firmino, Mané, Griezmann, Neymar and many more.. None of them reached their prime at the age of 20.

 

Ofc Pulisic still can be a flop - André Schürle scored a PL hattrick for us too :D - but he clearly got the talent and skills, we have to be patient, he might end up a world class product in a couple of years.

Not everyone. Infact a select few only, but I think some of them are the most voluminous posters. Specially when related to anything with transfers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pulisic on Lampard: “He was an incredible goal-scorer so we work on it a lot in training and today was a great day and I just want to keep going."

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Should never of been written off in the first place, far too early.

He's a kid and has time on his side.

Your learning your lesson from when you wrote off Abraham I see :D 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I still don't think Abraham or Pulisic are extraordinary talents. Lampard improves them and they want to get better unlike some irresponsible lackadaisical young players, they have the drive to get better. Pulisic himself says that they work a lot on his finishing.

This is a great combination for us. A manager who can improve young players and young players determined and talented enough to get better as we can not spend like PSG or Real.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jason said:

Halfway there, sort of. The most he's scored for Dortmund in a season was 7 in 2018/19 and the most he's assisted for them in one season was 13 in 2016/17. 

that 2016/17 Dortmund team was a joy to watch

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

It was against Manchester United.. Even 3 penalty would've been perfect!

Wasn't on a cold night in Burnley though. :P 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/10/27/christian-pulisic-staking-claim-fill-void-left-eden-hazard-chelsea/

Pulisic, more than anyone, has benefited from Lampard’s influence and his decision to ignore outside pressures and introduce the 21-year-old American to the Premier League slowly.

On just his fourth start, and first since the last day of August, the US captain claimed a hat-trick inside an hour, perfectly dispatched via left foot, right foot and head.

Given the focus placed on “Captain America” in his homeland, the outpouring of relief was tangible.

“Of course there is a sense of relief, you could see that in my emotions after the first goal,” said Pulisic. “That relief of getting my first goal and being able to help my team at this level.

“I wanted to be on the field as much as I could right from the start. That is everyone’s goal.

“But I didn’t come here expecting everything to be easy, to have an easy route and start every game. So I came in had to work for my spot just like everyone does. I’m proud of the journey that I’ve had so far.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...