Last Film You Watched

Fulham Broadway

The Revenant (2015): 8.5/10

a spectacular movie, the cinematography is breathtaking, some of the scenes are just incredibly well made

the story is very simplistic though

best movie i've seen from 2015 so far

Can Leo win his Oscar?

Star Wars 6/10

a female Luke Skywalker

after we had a female Mad Max

next up: the female Ghostbusters

hold on to your butts folks

Is there something wrong with female protagonists? It's good, a move away from white males dominating cinema. I loved Star Wars and I've never seen the originals and saw the new ones years ago.

Can Leo win his Oscar?

Is there something wrong with female protagonists? It's good, a move away from white males dominating cinema. I loved Star Wars and I've never seen the originals and saw the new ones years ago.

Leo could win the oscar yes

nothing wrong with female protagonists, it's the in your face feminism that takes you out of the movie, you don't feel like you're watching a movie but some kind of a propaganda video

i'm half expecting a female batman movie to show up some time soon

Leo could win the oscar yes

nothing wrong with female protagonists, it's the in your face feminism that takes you out of the movie, you don't feel like you're watching a movie but some kind of a propaganda video

I totally disagree. I think Rey was great. She was extremely likeable and killed it in her role. Doesn't seem in your face at all, just seems like that's the way it went.

Why would it be feminist? So Die Hard is a male chauvinistic movie? If a movie has a female protagonist it instantly becomes feminist? Male hero, female hero, whatever. A good film is a good film, a bad one is a bad one.

Why would it be feminist? So Die Hard is a male chauvinistic movie? If a movie has a female protagonist it instantly becomes feminist? Male hero, female hero, whatever. A good film is a good film, a bad one is a bad one.

die hard always had a male protagonist

Alien always had a female protagonist => not feminist

mad max had a male protagonist, they remade it with a female one => forced feminism

star wars had a male protagonist, they remade it with a female one => forced feminism

Star Wars 6/10

a female Luke Skywalker

after we had a female Mad Max

next up: the female Ghostbusters

hold on to your butts folks

Can't wait for a female Ghostbusters. Female characters are usually more interesting than males,

Ray >>>>>>>>>>>>Luke

Furiosa>>>>>>>Mad Max

The world need more forced feminism!!

die hard always had a male protagonist

Alien always had a female protagonist => not feminist

mad max had a male protagonist, they remade it with a female one => forced feminism

star wars had a male protagonist, they remade it with a female one => forced feminism

I don't see why introducing a female protagonist in the star wars series would be a case of forced feminism. Contrary to Mad Max, Star Wars is not named after it's male protagonist so a female protagonist can easily be introduced without feeling forced.Nevertheless I understand your opinion cause I think some of the scenes in the Force Awakens where a bit too obvious in their agenda: "Hey I am a woman and I can look out for myself, I don't need your help Zouma". But here the director is to blame not the introduction of female protaginist by itself. Imo it was done a lot better in the Mad Max movie actually.

Thought the Force Awakens was quite good though a bit overrated. It's far better than the horrible prequels and it does pay a good homage to the first films. But it was quite unoriginal in it's storyline and the bad guys where a bit meh. Typical JJ Abrahams, skilled director of the Spielberg-school, very polished but never too adventurous, always misssing that something more. Nevertheless a good start to the new series, 7/10.

I don't see why introducing a female protagonist in the star wars series would be a case of forced feminism. Contrary to Mad Max, Star Wars is not named after it's male protagonist so a female protagonist can easily be introduced without feeling forced.Nevertheless I understand your opinion cause I think some of the scenes in the Force Awakens where a bit too obvious in their agenda: "Hey I am a woman and I can look out for myself, I don't need your help Zouma". But here the director is to blame not the introduction of female protaginist by itself. Imo it was done a lot better in the Mad Max movie actually.

Thought the Force Awakens was quite good though a bit overrated. It's far better than the horrible prequels and it does pay a good homage to the first films. But it was quite unoriginal in it's storyline and the bad guys where a bit meh. Typical JJ Abrahams, skilled director of the Spielberg-school, very polished but never too adventurous, always misssing that something more. Nevertheless a good start to the new series, 7/10.

they could have had a Star Wars movie with a female lead at any time, but they never did it until now, a time in which it's very hip to do so, a time in which suddenly making politically correct movies seems to be the new thing

you think that's just a coincidence?

they could have had a Star Wars movie with a female lead at any time, but they never did it until now, a time in which it's very hip to do so, a time in which suddenly making politically correct movies seems to be the new thing

you think that's just a coincidence?

Sorry but your logic is incredibly stupid. Seriously, its flat out dumb!