Last Film You Watched

Fulham Broadway

The Wild Bunch (Sam Peckinpah, 1969) 8/10

Good Western with typical Peckinpah beginning and end-scenes. Peckinpah was doing what Tarantino is doing now 30/40 years earlier. But there's a lot more to this film. If you are a fan of the genre, a definite must.

The Three Burials of Melquies Estrada (Tommy Lee Jones, 2005) 8/10

Watched it "by coincidence"after going through the channels, missed the first fifteen minutes but nevertheless a joy to watch. Combination of a modern western and a road movie with a very good TL Jones.

The Wild Bunch (Sam Peckinpah, 1969) 8/10

Good Western with typical Peckinpah beginning and end-scenes. Peckinpah was doing what Tarantino is doing now 30/40 years earlier. But there's a lot more to this film. If you are a fan of the genre, a definite must.

what do you mean?

are you talking about Tarantino paying homages to other movies in his movies?

what do you mean?

are you talking about Tarantino paying homages to other movies in his movies?

Maybe I expressed myself too adversely. Since Tarantino is a major cinephile, paying homage to other directors is an integral part of his directing style. Peckinpah and Leone are never far away, certainly not in his last two films. Of course Tarantino is perfectly capable of taking these influences and making them entirely his own. I guess what I was trying to point out so pedantically is that the directors he refers to are sadly often forgotten. But this does not take anything away from Tarantino's work. I am looking forward to his new upcoming film, also a western.

Maybe I expressed myself too adversely. Since Tarantino is a major cinephile, paying homage to other directors is an integral part of his directing style. Peckinpah and Leone are never far away, certainly not in his last two films. Of course Tarantino is perfectly capable of taking these influences and making them entirely his own. I guess what I was trying to point out so pedantically is that the directors he refers to are sadly often forgotten. But this does not take anything away from Tarantino's work. I am looking forward to his new upcoming film, also a western.

yeah "The Hateful eight", whilst i did enjoy Django Unchained i hope it will be more like Leone's westerns

doubt The Hateful Eight would crack my top 10 westerns though

The Walk (2015): 6/10

meh

i'm still waiting for that spectacular movie of 2015 but time is running out

I've no idea what your standards are for spectacular, but try True Story, with James Franco and Jonah Hill, i thought it was pretty great, definitely the best i've watched from the current year. :)

Being John Malkovich (1999): 8/10

well that was just fantastic

Good film though I liked Adaptation more. Same director and screenwriter, Jonze and Kaufman teamed up with a very good Nic Cage.

The Walk (2015): 6/10

meh

i'm still waiting for that spectacular movie of 2015 but time is running out

Also still waiting, putting my money on Macbeth with Fassbender

Mad Max was very good, probably the best i've seen

Mad Max Fury Road 8/10

Jurassic World 8/10

MI: Rogue Nation 8/10

The Martian 7/10

Black Mass 7/10

Sicario 7/10

Southpaw 7/10

Inside Out 7/10

The Gift 7/10

Ex Machina 7/10

The Walk 6/10

Avengers: Age of Ultron 6/10

Everest 6/10

Straight Outta Compton 6/10

Focus 6/10

Chappie 5/10

Ant-man 5/10

Furious 7 5/10

Terminator Genisys 5/10

The Intern 5/10

all the movies i've seen in 2015, movies i'm definitely still going to see:

Star Wars: Episode VII- The Force Awakens

Bridge of Spies

Spectre

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay part 2

Macbeth

The Hateful Eight

The Revenant

my money in on Bridge of Spies

Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution.

Excellent documentary, and would recommend for anyone intersted in history, particularly American Social history.

Chicano Movement is probably my favourite 'faction' in modern American history. Fascinating.

Anyways... if anyone is going to spoil SPECTRE, do so with spoiler tags please!

BlueLion, on 27 Oct 2015 - 08:26 AM, said:

Chicano Movement is probably my favourite 'faction' in modern American history. Fascinating.

Anyways... if anyone is going to spoil SPECTRE, do so with spoiler tags please!

Yes there's a doc on the Freedom Movement In Chicago as well, dont know if youve seen it ? Think it was called ''King in Chicago''.

The Panther Party emerged out of a sense of exhaustion with the non-violent civil-rights movement such as teh Chigo Movt. Inspired by Robert F Williams’ armed resistance to the KKK in the South, two college friends, Huey Newton and Bobby Seale, established what was then called the Black Panther Party for Self-Defence, patrolling the ghettos of Oakland, California, to keep police brutality in check.

Where today black people are so often painted as the primary victims of America’s ‘gun culture’, the Panthers embraced it. Newton schooled himself on gun laws and made sure everyone knew their rights. Armed resistance, he said, was the only way to wrest back control of communities terrorised by racist police.

Gonna wait for the hype to die down before seeing Spectre