Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

Mateo Kovacic compares Frank Lampard to Zinedine Zidane - and slams Maurizio Sarri

Chelsea midfielder Mateo Kovacic was far from a fan of Maurizio Sarri’s methods but sees many similarities between Frank Lampard and Zinedine Zidane as managers

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/mateo-kovacic-compares-frank-lampard-21439948

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Should be starting every game for the foreseeable future baring injury, suspension or fatigue.

If Kante's injury is a few weeks, there's no excuses now for Lampard to not try to revert back to what was working so well before Kante came back to fitness and was shoehorned into the team at the expense of Jorginho and Kovacic's partnership.

Once Kante went off last night, it was again clear that both play better with each other than with Kante.

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

If Kante's injury is a few weeks, there's no excuses now for Lampard to not try to revert back to what was working so well before Kante came back to fitness and was shoehorned into the team at the expense of Jorginho and Kovacic's partnership.

Once Kante went off last night, it was again clear that both play better with each other than with Kante.

Our passing and total midfield play and combinations felt much smoother suddenly, compared to last weeks with Kante in the team. Also, Mount fitted in so nicely yesterday and it was almost like against Ajax where we bossed the midfield.

This midfield break by wanting to play Kante, Christensen's inclusion and Giroud's total mismanagement are my concerns and blasts regarding Lampard.

Kovacic was an absolute monster yesterday and by far our best player this season.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

As I just pointed out on the match thread as sad as I am for Kante to be injured I'm very excited to see that midfield once more.

If it stands up and has us dictating the game against Bayern (even if they ultimately have too much for us) the same way it did in Amsterdam there's surely no way Kante could walk back in.

19 minutes ago, Tomo said:

As I just pointed out on the match thread as sad as I am for Kante to be injured I'm very excited to see that midfield once more.

If it stands up and has us dictating the game against Bayern (even if they ultimately have too much for us) the same way it did in Amsterdam there's surely no way Kante could walk back in.

Long term wise, Kante needs to be out of this team anyway. RLC-Kovacic-Jorgi is the midfield to go.

24 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Kova spent winter break on Barbados. Nice! At least something creative unlike majority of PL players who dont know better than soulless Dubai.

yay for Bim!!!!

That is Sandy Lane, btw

872687f197bd050a6b592a2bf79c0ee7.png

13 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Kova spent winter break on Barbados. Nice! At least something creative unlike majority of PL players who dont know better than soulless Dubai.

Haha agreed. Imagine having all the wealth in the world and spending your holidays in Dubai...

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

If season is over I guess he is the POTY. 

But no player was really exceptional. 

short, short timeframe, but Gilmour has been a beast in the few minutes he has played

Kovacic is POTY by a mile

biggest disappointments

KEPA

Bats

Emerson

Mount (to a point, I will be patient)

Pedro (age caught him, if he was 23yo he would cost £80-90m or so I have zero ill will towards him and he will go down as a minor semi-legend here, truly a shame we never had had at his pure peak other than 1 year, but he was injured a bit then too,) From 2009 to 2016, he was off the charts, 6 seasons, 114 goals, 72 assists all comps and that was not playing crazy minutes) He was one of the fastest Spanish (actual Iberian, not African transplants) players I have ever seen, insane pace.

Azpi (he was SHIT at LB, just dogshit, and his legs are gone)

Willian to a point, wish the fucker scored more, he is so up and down, his saving grace was his defence at times, I admit I hate him, but that is so so for his shitstick attitude, which he shows far too often, one of teh most frustrating players we have ever had, up there with Morata, Mutu, Bats, Shevchenko, Bakayoko, and the ultimate shitbox, Fernando Torres, Drinkwater we ALL knew was dogshit so it was not frustration with HIM, it was murderous frustration with the fucking fuck-fucks on the board.