• Bakayoko
    • Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Giroud
    • Willian (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

9 minutes ago, Thor said:

Say what you want, but I still can't believe people on here were saying Salah is better than Hazard. Not a chance.  

If you forget the numbers and watched the two player play, it is obvious.  

The problem with Hazard is he is the sole creator. He has to do so much. We need to get him more help. 

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Yup this is where Pool missed coutinho's playmaking and long shot.

----

Great win and still chance for top 4. I know it was shit season, but if we end next two PL and FA final with win, I can safely say Im alot more positive for next season than last year. Last year we won title, but fa final was a disaster and I still remember everyone say we have to improve big big time in summer because we got exposed. I was very woried for thia season after that defeat, unless we strenghtened in summer which didnt happen. If we win next 3 games (regardless of managing 4th place), it will show promise and I think exciting next season.

Rudiger,  Kante and Eden were fantastic today. On other hand, as I said before Cesc is biggest liability. We need top playmaker in summer and I would pay serious cash for top midfielder...fullbacks, striker, rw,...all that should be secondary.  

For me wc wing back. I think simply just from today game, you can see the amount of times Moses got one one battle with plenty of space or empty space and he simply fail to capitalize. 

Hazard looked leagues above Salah today and you know why!! Because he actually played with a certain swagger we haven't seen him perform for a while. 

Say what you want, but I still can't believe people on here were saying Salah is better than Hazard. Not a chance.  

Consistency and stats are the reason why. You can add a CL final to that as well (10 goals in the biggest competition).

Hazard is the better footballer without question but isn't anywhere near as productive as he should be. We're still waiting on him to make that jump 6 years later.

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

Hazard looked leagues above Salah today and you know why!! Because he actually played with a certain swagger we haven't seen him perform for a while. 

Thats exactly right. WHEN he comes on with that look, that cheeky grin and hes bouncing nobody can be better. But theres quite often we dont see that Eden come out, Its like hes got some multiple personality disorder.

Just now, LAM09 said:

Consistency and stats are the reason why. You can add a CL final to that as well (10 goals in the biggest competition).

Hazard is the better footballer without question but isn't anywhere near as productive as he should be. We're still waiting on him to make that jump 6 years later.

If you want more production then surround him with better talent and better system. You put hazard on this Liverpool team and not only Hazard will put up crazy number but this Liverpool team offensively will be almost unstoppable 

20 minutes ago, LAB said:

We showed a way to beat Livepool. Zidane take notes.

It's Real Madrid they're facing not Atletico Madrid. Real Madrid won't average 30% possession against them. And they're several ways to beat Liverpool. They're a very good Premier league level team exceeding their level due to their terrific manager. Other than Klopp they're nothing amazing. They still have a lot of mediocre players and their starting XI in comparison to Madrid's is a joke. 

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

If Sarri is our next manager, it will be interesting to see Hazard playing under a attack minded coach for once. Hazard is the better player, but no doubt Salah has had the better season.

As for the game, great result but disagree with being a great performance. This game could easily could have been a draw or a loss on another night. 

If you want more production then surround him with better talent and better system. You put hazard on this Liverpool team and not only Hazard will put up crazy number but this Liverpool team offensively will be almost unstoppable 

Hazard wouldn't score 40 even at Barca, so this line needs to drop. His lack of consistency has nothing to do with the supporting cast but more to do with his application regardless of the occasion.

9 minutes ago, whats happening said:

we are gonna end up with the same amount of points as liverpool but worse goal difference and finish 5th, and it gonna hurt much more than if we were 10 points behind.

It would really make all those f**k ups (take that, @manpe! :P) against Arsenal, Leicester, Bournemouth, Watford, Spurs, West Ham all the more infuriating! :rant:

2 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

If Sarri is our next manager, it will be interesting to see Hazard playing under a attack minded coach for once. Hazard is the better player, but no doubt Salah has had the better season.

As for the game, great result but disagree with being a great performance. This game could easily could have been a draw or a loss on another night. 

On another night we could win 5-0!

12 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Sterling has 23 goals and 17 assists this season because he plays in Guardiola's system. He doesn't have a prayer of doing this under Conte or Mourinho, two of the most defensive managers in Europe. Mourinho was so defensive and archaic that he couldn't even find use for Salah and De Bruyne.

Maybe its high time you start blaming the defensive system Hazard has had to play for throughout his Chelsea career instead of the player? It's common sense that a player can only produce in the system given to him especially as he's not even a battering ram type striker but a dimunitive attacking midfielder. There's literally no way Hazard can improve his goals/assists if he's not playing for a more progressive manager or in a better team.

This same Hazard had 22 goals and 25 assists in his last season at Lille. Is he a worse player at 27 to what he was at 21? Let's start using common sense please. And this is not the right place to start with this never ending discussion. The man just put in a world class display in our most important game of the season. 

Something I'd love to see for a change. AVB is the only manager we have had in recent years that wanted to attack first. However, he was out of his depth from day dot.

A few exceptional performances got us over the line today.

Just now, LAM09 said:

Hazard wouldn't score 40 even at Barca, so this line needs to drop. He lack of consistency has nothing to do with the supporting case but more to do with his application regardless of the occasion.

If rahim sterling can score 20 goals. Yes Raheem sterling. Player who I watched miss 3 sitters in one game yet score hattrick in that game can score 20 goals in a season playing in a system where you create not only 3 chances a game but 10, hazard can score at least 35.

Sterling has 23 goals and 17 assists this season because he plays in Guardiola's system. He doesn't have a prayer of doing this under Conte or Mourinho. Maybe its high time you start blaming the defensive system Hazard has had to play for throughout his Chelsea career instead of the player? It's common sense that a player can only produce in the system given to him especially as he's not even a battering ram type striker but a dimunitive attacking midfielder. 

This same Hazard had 22 goals and 25 assists in his last season at Lille. Is he a worse player at 27 to what he was at 21? Let's start using common sense please. And this is not the right place to start with this never ending discussion. The man just put in a world class display in our most important game of the season. 

Man City have no relevance to the conversation. We should be applauding our team instead of seeing the need to talk about others.

Our biggest games were against Barca and he was invisible, so use "common sense".

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

If rahim sterling can score 20 goals. Yes Raheem sterling. Player who I watched miss 3 sitters in one game yet score hattrick in that game can score 20 goals in a season playing in a system where you create not only 3 chances a game but 10, hazard can score at least 35.

Its his attitude that changes not the skill hes got.