Are We Hypocrites?

.Cee

Okay, well, I have been seeing a lot of posts saying Man City aren't gonna win anything and that they haven't won anything for decades. Which basically mean they have no history. Other fans clubs were saying these kind of things about us 5 years ago so why are some Chelsea fans saying the same things about City?

I hope we're not turning into hypocrites and moan about City for having unlimited funds. It's just plain idiotic.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, well, I have been seeing a lot of posts saying Man City aren't gonna win anything and that they haven't won anything for decades. Which basically mean they have no history. Other fans clubs were saying these kind of things about us 5 years ago so why are some Chelsea fans saying the same things about City?

I hope we're not turning into hypocrites and moan about City for having unlimited funds. It's just plain idiotic.

Are we Hypocrite?

NO

Chelsea won FA cup, Cup winners CUP, league cup and booked a Champions league place. All this without any Roman;s money.

Manc City hasnt won anything in last 30 yrs. got relegated twice in 90s

Here is the proof:

Honours

• First Division/Second Division (second tier)
    • Champions 1899, 1903, 1910, 1928, 1947, 1966, 2002 (7 times, record holders)
    • Runners-up 1896, 1951, 1989, 2000
  • Charity Shield
    • Winners 1937, 1968, 1972
    • Runners-up 1934, 1956, 1969, 1973
Source:wiki Edited by warnie_666

Are we Hypocrite?

NO

Chelsea won FA cup, Cup winners CUP, league cup and booked a Champions league place. All this without any Roman;s money.

Manc City hasnt won anything in last 30 yrs. got relegated twice in 90s

Here is the proof:

Honours

• First Division/Second Division (second tier)
    • Champions 1899, 1903, 1910, 1928, 1947, 1966, 2002 (7 times, record holders)
    • Runners-up 1896, 1951, 1989, 2000
  • Charity Shield
    • Winners 1937, 1968, 1972
    • Runners-up 1934, 1956, 1969, 1973
Source:wiki

So? We won our 2nd title after Roman came after 50 years. Similar to their 30 years break, only to a much, much lesser extent. You are repeating the 'no history' criticism for another club and you're saying you're not a hypocrite. Man City have won things before the last 30 years. They have honours, just like us.

The only thing we both have in common is that we're both Premiership teams who were lucky enough to have someone wealthy come in and take over the club.

The Arab guy himself has said he chose Citeh as he sees it as an opportunity to create something instead of going for an already established team such as ourselves, Manure, the Arse and the Dippers. We were miles ahead of Citeh at this stage of our takover. We'd already a decent team in place and Cech and Robben were already signed before RA came in. We were already taking massive steps in Europe and in the league.

I'm sure the Citeh fans are buzzing, just like we were, so I dont hold any grudge towards them. Sooner or later someone was going to invest big money into another team to create more competition. Fair play to them.......

But, their aim of taking the title next season is very optimistic and the C/L the following year is a pipe dream. It'll take more than the money to get a team together capable of doing those things. This is the counter arguement we used many a time in defending our club.

So I wouldnt say we were hypocrites.......just giving advice as we have been there and know what the media and other fans are going to throw at them over the next lot of seasons.

Not every Chelsea fan is condemning City for having no history. I would hope no fans are really, because we all know what an idiotic comment that is. What the club has done in the past is nice, but unless you were around to see it and/or experience it, I think it has nothing to do with you! Look to the future.

Not every Chelsea fan is condemning City for having no history. I would hope no fans are really, because we all know what an idiotic comment that is. What the club has done in the past is nice, but unless you were around to see it and/or experience it, I think it has nothing to do with you! Look to the future.

i agree with that totally - it has nothing to do with Chelsea fans (the robinho saga aside) and really we didn't like it when people sang the "you have no history" song to us so i for one wont sing it to city

they are in the position that we were lucky enough to find ourselves in at one stage and hey good luck to them

I wish Man City and their fans all the best -not least because it well and truly fucks off their red neighbours, and the 'top four' scenario needs breaking.

I agree, to make things more competitive is always good. We know what it feels like to be handed a massive windfall like that and i am sure the city fans are over the moon!!! I don't think their targets are very realistic though which could cause them problems but it will be interesting to see what happens at city.

And i hope we stuff them in the next game :)

I wish Man City and their fans all the best -not least because it well and truly fucks off their red neighbours, and the 'top four' scenario needs breaking.

But the thing about the whole breaking it,like they said on the raido will it be broken or just become a top 5 situation?

Just a random thought lol

But imo everyteam has history no matter now bad etc

But loving the owners 'Ronaldo said he wants to sign for the biggest club in the world..in Jan we'll see' comment hehe

Edited by Laylabelle

But the thing about the whole breaking it,like they said on the raido will it be broken or just become a top 5 situation?

Just a random thought lol

But imo everyteam has history no matter now bad etc

But loving the owners 'Ronaldo said he wants to sign for the biggest club in the world..in Jan we'll see' comment hehe

If it's a top 5 situation -scallies, Man Utd (not us) can be pipped for CL. That has to be good....

Fergusons face spontaneously combusting on Sky Sport News as Man City pip them for CL would be worth videoing.

It would be a tossup between the Arsenal going under from lack of CL revenue and Liverpool trying to find a way back in because of their eeeeeestory that would make my day :)

I'm just glad that there's a chance for another team to break into the top 4.

And even better because Man Utd hate them so much.

Good luck to them and Sparkey, he's a good manager and now has as much money as he wants to play with.

I'm not bitter bout them getting money i think it will be good to see another team challenging.

So? We won our 2nd title after Roman came after 50 years. Similar to their 30 years break, only to a much, much lesser extent. You are repeating the 'no history' criticism for another club and you're saying you're not a hypocrite. Man City have won things before the last 30 years. They have honours, just like us.

You dont get it do you? in simple words, we earned it. As we were much better than Manc City have been when we were bought. Manc City have'nt earned it. They are simply lucky. Not all teams win Titles. But inorder to attract big investors, you gotta show some potential which we did by winning Cups and booking a UCL place without any money.

I wouldnt have been pissed had it been ASTON VILLA, POMPEY or even SPURS and EVERTON for that matter!!!...simply because they deserve some financial backing as they have pushed teams like Arsenal and Pool to the wire in the LEague and have won cups. Its teams like these that deserve financial backing, NOT MANC CITY. HENCE I AM NOT A HYPOCRITE!!!!..

Look at how Robinho is getting slacked by people for joining a club like Manc City. Madrid to Manc City. No one slacked Crespo and Makalele when they joined Chelsea from Madrid and Inter Milan respectively...Why? Cus we werent Shit like Manc City are atm. We were quite a good team with potential to be world beater with some financial backing.

Every team has a history, Chelsea had it, Manc City had it ,Villa And Everton had it. But Manc City have been just lucky acording to me for getting an investor when they arent even winning or challenging for cups.

THE REASON I AM TRYING TO CLARIFY THIS AGAIN AND AGAIN IS BCAUSE I AM SICK OF HEARING THIS MANC CITY IS LIKE Chelsea....WE WERE FUCKING MUCH BETTER AND MORE COMPETITIVE (when roman bought us)THAN MANC CITY(when they got bought).

The only thing common is we both got ought by big investors. End Of.

Edited by warnie_666

You dont get it do you? in simple words, we earned it. As we were much better than Manc City have been when we were bought. Manc City have'nt earned it. They are simply lucky. Not all teams win Titles. But inorder to attract big investors, you gotta show some potential which we did by winning Cups and booking a UCL place without any money.

I wouldnt have been pissed had it been ASTON VILLA, POMPEY or even SPURS and EVERTON for that matter!!!...simply because they deserve some financial backing as they have pushed teams like Arsenal and Pool to the wire in the LEague and have won cups. Its teams like these that deserve financial backing, NOT MANC CITY. HENCE I AM NOT A HYPOCRITE!!!!..

Look at how Robinho is getting slacked by people for joining a club like Manc City. Madrid to Manc City. No one slacked Crespo and Makalele when they joined Chelsea from Madrid and Inter Milan respectively...Why? Cus we werent Shit like Manc City are atm. We were quite a good team with potential to be world beater with some financial backing.

Every team has a history, Chelsea had it, Manc City had it ,Villa And Everton had it. But Manc City have been just lucky acording to me for getting an investor when they arent even winning or challenging for cups.

THE REASON I AM TRYING TO CLARIFY THIS AGAIN AND AGAIN IS BCAUSE I AM SICK OF HEARING THIS MANC CITY IS LIKE Chelsea....WE WERE FUCKING MUCH BETTER AND MORE COMPETITIVE (when roman bought us)THAN MANC CITY(when they got bought).

The only thing common is we both got ought by big investors. End Of.

Man Utd, Liverpool & Arsenal fans said we were lucky Roman bought us. They were much better than us when Roman bought us. So why are you repeating the things those fans said about us to City just cause they aren't as good as we were when Roman bought us?