Are We Hypocrites?

.Cee

warnie: You cannot possibly argue that we legitimately earned the investment we got.

Yes, we qualified for the Champions League, but two things:

a) We were DEEP in debt. So if we did earn the investment, we went broke in order to do it, which was dangerous. And it's not like we went broke in order to bring in investment.

B) We were the first team to get this sort of investment, foreign investment. Okay, other teams have attracted investment before them, but I feel fairly safe in assuming that those investors were fans of the club that happened to be rich. Not foreign investors like Roman.

And City weren't "lucky". They were somewhat like us really, an up-and-coming team with potential to do better. Yes, Roman went to United first. But he didn't come to us next, he went to Tottenham! Now they weren't exactly doing brilliantly back then were they? The story I've heard is he saw Stamford Bridge from the air and that's what attracted him. Manchester City have the excellent City of Manchester Stadium, which is a very attractive proposition.

City were selling, Thaksin knew he needed to get rid. City did very well last season. Okay it dropped off near the end, but does your memory not extend to a year ago when it looked very real that they may push the top 4? In my mind they're at the same level as Everton, Aston Villa, Blackburn and Portsmouth in that they are seriously challenging for Europe and the only reason City had to go the fair play route was because there were only so many places available. City were as worthy as the teams you mentioned for this investment and I feel certain that if it were any of these other teams you'd be spewing the same rhetoric as you are right now.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man Utd, Liverpool & Arsenal fans said we were lucky Roman bought us. They were much better than us when Roman bought us. So why are you repeating the things those fans said about us to City just cause they aren't as good as we were when Roman bought us?

Look...theres a difference between earning you luck and being just purely lucky. You ask me if I was a hypocrite? I said no...cus I wouldnt have been pissed had it been Villa Pompey Everton or Spurs instead of Manc City.

When Roman thought of buying an English club his main targets were Arsenal NewCastle United and Manchester United. TOP 3 teams in the league that season. The next top team was Chelsea. We came 4th(earned ourselves a Champions League berth). Things dint work out with the top 3 and the next best option was Chelsea as our club was on the verge of bankruptcy..it was for sale(unlike the top 3) inspite of being in top 4. Now thats what I CALL EARN YOUR LUCK. He dint just do an eenie meenie minie mo and handpicked us like Manc City have been by the Arab. and hence I say Manc City are purely lucky.

Note: Anyother team in 4th position that season which was for sale would have earned Roman's money.

As for the Man Utd fans calling us lucky...yes we were lucky to have attracted Roman to us. But Man Utd were lucky too when they had the MD of Manchester Breweries invest thousands of pounds in the club in early 1900s to rid them off bankruptcy just like Roman did to us..

Look...theres a difference between earning you luck and being just purely lucky. You ask me if I was a hypocrite? I said no...cus I wouldnt have been pissed had it been Villa Pompey Everton or Spurs instead of Manc City.

When Roman thought of buying an English club his main targets were Arsenal NewCastle United and Manchester United. TOP 3 teams in the league that season. The next top team was Chelsea. We came 4th(earned ourselves a Champions League berth). Things dint work out with the top 3 and the next best option was Chelsea as our club was on the verge of bankruptcy..it was for sale(unlike the top 3) inspite of being in top 4. Now thats what I CALL EARN YOUR LUCK. He dint just do an eenie meenie minie mo and handpicked us like Manc City have been by the Arab. and hence I say Manc City are purely lucky.

Note: Anyother team in 4th position that season which was for sale would have earned Roman's money.

As for the Man Utd fans calling us lucky...yes we were lucky to have attracted Roman to us. But Man Utd were lucky too when they had the MD of Manchester Breweries invest thousands of pounds in the club in early 1900s to rid them off bankruptcy just like Roman did to us..

Why Spurs over City? Because they won the Carling Cup? Come on, that means nothing. Very little difference between the teams you mentioned and City.

Roman went to Spurs before us as I already said. They turned him down. I had a school friend bragging about it ( :smiliecap1: ). And please, tell me how going virtually bankrupt is earning your luck? And the Arabs didn't go eenie meenie mynie moe and picked City, I doubt any of the other teams in a similar position were for sale.

And the MD of Manchester Breweries would have been a United fan and that is entirely different.

Somehow I doubt you wouldn't react the same way had the UAE group went for one of the clubs you mentioned. Those clubs are on the same level as City, honour wise and all IMO. You're saying Man City are purely lucky, just like Man Utd, Arsenal & Liverpool fans were saying about us. We were in the brink of bankcruptcy when Roman came, saved us and turned us into the club we are now. That's pure luck IMO despite our then CL spot. We could have gotten someone else and we might still be fighting for the fifth spot in the table or worse.

I'm sure the UAE group had a few choices and they chose Man City, just like when Roman chose us. So it's not an eenie meenie minie mo for them as well. You sound very certain Man City were handpicked, but you don't really know what went on, do you?

Why Spurs over City? Because they won the Carling Cup? Come on, that means nothing. Very little difference between the teams you mentioned and City.

And please, tell me how going virtually bankrupt is earning your luck?

Spurs have been 5th in the league for 2 seasons in succession 2 yrs back apart from winning that league cup.

Being bankrupt is not earning your luck..snapping the 4th place inspite of having your club for sale is what I call earn your luck. If we hadnt performed well that season to come to 4th, I am sure you know that Roman wouldnt have bought us.

Spurs have been 5th in the league for 2 seasons in succession 2 yrs back apart from winning that league cup.

Being bankrupt is not earning your luck..snapping the 4th place inspite of having your club for sale is what I call earn your luck. If we hadnt performed well that season to come to 4th, I am sure you know that Roman wouldnt have bought us.

No, I wouldn't be too certain of that. Anything is possible.

Edited by .Biru

Somehow I doubt you wouldn't react the same way had the UAE group went for one of the clubs you mentioned. Those clubs are on the same level as City, honour wise and all IMO. You're saying Man City are purely lucky, just like Man Utd, Arsenal & Liverpool fans were saying about us. We were in the brink of bankcruptcy when Roman came, saved us and turned us into the club we are now. That's pure luck IMO despite our then CL spot. We could have gotten someone else and we might still be fighting for the fifth spot in the table or worse.

I'm sure the UAE group had a few choices and they chose Man City, just like when Roman chose us. So it's not an eenie meenie minie mo for them as well. You sound very certain Man City were handpicked, but you don't really know what went on, do you?

You have your opinions I have mine. I often felt that Clubs like Villa and Everton also Pompey deserved a powerful backing. Because I viewed their situation similar to ours before we got bought. I never had the opportunity to bring this up, now I have.

Anyways lets end it. Start a new topic someone please

You have your opinions I have mine. I often felt that Clubs like Villa and Everton also Pompey deserved a powerful backing. Because I viewed their situation similar to ours before we got bought. I never had the opportunity to bring this up, now I have.

Anyways lets end it. Start a new topic someone please

Why?

Maybe it's a good thing if Man City do great things, Maybe some of the plastic fuckers at stamford Bridge will fuck off over to City and let some real fucking fans watch the club they love, not some rich bandwagon jumping cunt.

I really couldnt give a shit what Manchester City, United, Liverpool, Arse, Villa etc do. I've loved MY CLUB since I can remember Win or lose I dont care, I love them to bits and always will do. and I know as soon as Man City start doing well, Some of the so called fans on this board will run to them, and you know what, good ridance.

City were selling, Thaksin knew he needed to get rid. City did very well last season. Okay it dropped off near the end, but does your memory not extend to a year ago when it looked very real that they may push the top 4? In my mind they're at the same level as Everton, Aston Villa, Blackburn and Portsmouth in that they are seriously challenging for Europe and the only reason City had to go the fair play route was because there were only so many places available. City were as worthy as the teams you mentioned for this investment and I feel certain that if it were any of these other teams you'd be spewing the same rhetoric as you are right now.

There you go...Exactly what I am trying to say. City with all the Thakshin's money were ex[ecting to break into top 4 last year. Where di they end up? Now Black Burn, Pompey Villa Everton without any heavy investment were vying for the 4th and 5th spot whereas Manc City couldnt even compete with these teams and ended up behind them.

So you can imagine how strong could teams like Villa Ponmpey Everton be had they got an investor like Thakshin.

Every Club has history, just not everyone has silverware, Manchester City have every right to have that money as we did back then. I cant believe some of you sound like the bitter Mancs, Gooners and Scousers back when RA bought us. Ashames me it really does :mad:

Yeah, which is why I made the topic...

There you go...Exactly what I am trying to say. City with all the Thakshin's money were ex[ecting to break into top 4 last year. Where di they end up? Now Black Burn, Pompey Villa Everton without any heavy investment were vying for the 4th and 5th spot whereas Manc City couldnt even compete with these teams and ended up behind them.

So you can imagine how strong could teams like Villa Ponmpey Everton be had they got an investor like Thakshin.

Oohh... that reminds me of the 'money can't buy you success' criticism from the other clubs fans...

Warnie wants to start a new topic because he knows he is wrong.

I am not wrong, but I am tired repeating the same thign again and again.

Let me tell you some of the taunts that I faced when Roman bought us.

Thingsl ike even QPR or Bristol Rovers or Accrington Stanley would be world beaters had Roman bought them was said to me.

My defense was, the same. There is a difference between Bristol Rovers, Accrington Stanley ,QPR and Chelsea FC. The difference is we won cups and finished in top 4 without any money while the club was in financial mess. (so you could imagine how strong we cud be had we got some financial backing)

And even now I stand by it. Manc City havent done anything great to attract the Arabs unlike us.

On that post I can agree with you to an extent. Eventually, in theory, those clubs would eventually reach the heights we did, given continual backing. Gretna were doing it until their owner fell ill and they realised they didn't have the population behind them to manage it. But Manchester certainly does.

I expect Manchester City to do big things under the Arabs, but it will take longer than we achieved it for the reason's you've stated.

I am not wrong, but I am tired repeating the same thign again and again.

Let me tell you some of the taunts that I faced when Roman bought us.

Thingsl ike even QPR or Bristol Rovers or Accrington Stanley would be world beaters had Roman bought them was said to me.

My defense was, the same. There is a difference between Bristol Rovers, Accrington Stanley ,QPR and Chelsea FC. The difference is we won cups and finished in top 4 without any money while the club was in financial mess. (so you could imagine how strong we cud be had we got some financial backing)

And even now I stand by it. Manc City havent done anything great to attract the Arabs unlike us.

Well, compare our success then to Man Utd, Liverpool & Arsenals'. Those fans were saying we didn't deserve Roman, unlike them as we haven't their success. So now some of our fans are saying Man City doesn't deserve their new owners because their success doesn't compare to ours.

Strikes me as hypocrisy even if those fans don't want to admit.

Why are there even comparisons being drawn? These new City owners and what they've got in mind totally eclipse anything Roman has done at Chelsea. I mean, fucking hell, if we were accused of buying our titles, the anti-money brigade aint seen nothing yet, lol.