Whos to blame ?

But we made big transfers and we did win the league. Twice.

Saying City will never win the league under current circumstances is just wrong. In a few years time, they have a very real chance. And as everyone is saying, I doubt Robinho had much of a choice. He certainly wasn't going to be playing for Real Madrid, and when Manchester City came along, Real found the perfect way to piss both Chelsea and Robinho off.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, signing a shitload of superstars for gawd knows how much money, expecting them to play their best for the club and as a result, win them a few titles... wait no sorry... "buy" them a few titles...

Remember what they said to us when Abramovich first bought Chelsea? Many said that whoever we signed, would they gel together? Would they cope with the English game? A lot of players didn't because of those reasons, they had never even played along with the players before, not to mention that the kind of game they would be expecting was going to be different.

As I have said many times, too much money in football makes it seem like mockery and an auction.

We signed a lot of good players and a world class manager and it worked for us. Why not for them?

Care to name those Big transfers apart from Sheva and SWP.?

Carvalho, Drogba, Essien, Ashley Cole, Ballack, Mutu, Duff, Robben

All big players or very close to being big at the time. All were highly regarded. Okay they weren't all huge superstars (although Carvalho was voted the best defender in Europe the season we signed him IIRC, and Ballack is a very obvious exception too), but they were still huge signings.

All big players or very close to being big at the time. All were highly regarded. Okay they weren't all huge superstars (although Carvalho was voted the best defender in Europe the season we signed him IIRC, and Ballack is a very obvious exception too), but they were still huge signings.

Makalele, Crespo, Veron?

When you talk about players like Cech, Robben Joe Cole, Duff, etc etc...they were young budding talents. Not Big Transfers or Star Players.

Now when we won the league for two years: We had no star players, all young budding talents except for Makalele and Crespo. The moment we bought big names Like Sheva and Ballack we lost the league.

As far as I am concerned in 5 years of Roman's Rule we have spent OVER THE TOP Money for only 4 players:

4th year of Roman's RuleSheva(30m)

3rd year of Roman's RuleSWP(21m)

2nd year of Roman's RuleDrogba(24m)

3rd year of Roman's RuleEssien(24.5m)

Unlike Manc City who have been going bezerk right from Day 1.

When you talk about players like Cech, Robben Joe Cole, Duff, etc etc...they were young budding talents. Not Big Transfers or Star Players.

Now when we won the league for two years: We had no star players, all young budding talents except for Makalele and Crespo. The moment we bought big names Like Sheva and Ballack we lost the league.

As far as I am concerned in 5 years of Roman's Rule we have spent OVER THE TOP Money for only 4 players:

4th year of Roman's RuleSheva(30m)

3rd year of Roman's RuleSWP(21m)

2nd year of Roman's RuleDrogba(24m)

3rd year of Roman's RuleEssien(24.5m)

Unlike Manc City who have been going bezerk right from Day 1.

I'll wait until they DO actually sign several huge superstars players before passing judgement. Even if they do, who cares? It's their owners money. We complained of fans of others clubs slagging us because they're jealous. Why are we doing a similar thing to City?

No, they were big signings, they were big players with big futures. They weren't nobodies.

They had all proved themselves to be very able players at their respective clubs. Carvalho won the Champions League no less with Porto, along with Ferreira.

The way you are defining this, the only big players about are Ronaldo, Messi and Kaká. Robinho is no bigger a player than Robben was, for instance. Berbatov is a good player but not a top forward. These were the only two solid connections made with Man City, and neither of them are huge players, just the calibre of players we signed 5 to 3 years ago.

I'll wait until they DO actually sign several huge superstars players before passing judgement. Even if they do, who cares? It's their owners money. We complained of fans of others clubs slagging us because they're jealous. Why are we doing a similar thing to City?

I aint Jealous Babes. Its only the fact that Elliot conciously or subconciously comparing Manc City to us, is what I dont agree with. We werent as bad as they are atm.

And I hate this media born "NEW Chelsea IN TOWN" slogan.

The way you are defining this, the only big players about are Ronaldo, Messi and Kaká. Robinho is no bigger a player than Robben was, for instance. Berbatov is a good player but not a top forward. These were the only two solid connections made with Man City, and neither of them are huge players, just the calibre of players we signed 5 to 3 years ago.

What are you on...?Berba along with Villa has to be one of the top forwards in EUROPE.

And Robinho now is much bigger name and one of the top Wingers in Europe. He now is netime biger than Robben then. Robben was bought only for 12 million for gods sake as a 20 year old talent.

Yes, I am consciously comparing them to us 5 years ago. We were a club that had the sudden presence of an unlimited amount of money for transfers.

If you still think I am trying to say they are exactly how we were 5 years ago, I suggest you read it all again, and again. But you can't deny there is some similarity to the situation.

Yes, I am consciously comparing them to us 5 years ago. We were a club that had the sudden presence of an unlimited amount of money for transfers.

If you still think I am trying to say they are exactly how we were 5 years ago, I suggest you read it all again, and again. But you can't deny there is some similarity to the situation.

Of course there is similarity. They have seemingly landed themselves in a situation where there can afford any player they want! That is what happened to us when Roman took over. We will see what happens with them, the new owner seems to like talking big thats for sure - but can they produce the players and the results?

Of course there are differences, mainly City not being in the CL, plus we already had big names come to our club before Roman, which made us an attraction.

But they are talking about players like Villa, Gomez and now even Ronaldo for the next window. Will these players go without CL football? I doubt it, Robinho as has been said was a completely different kettle of fish.

Of course there is similarity. They have seemingly landed themselves in a situation where there can afford any player they want! That is what happened to us when Roman took over. We will see what happens with them, the new owner seems to like talking big thats for sure - but can they produce the players and the results?

Of course there are differences, mainly City not being in the CL, plus we already had big names come to our club before Roman, which made us an attraction.

But they are talking about players like Villa, Gomez and now even Ronaldo for the next window. Will these players go without CL football? I doubt it, Robinho as has been said was a completely different kettle of fish.

SPOT ON!!!!

but what i still dont get is why didnt we put a bigger offer in or come to the table and say we will offer the same!

do real really hate us that much?

On second thoughts. I feel what Kenyon did was fair. Why the fuck should we get bullied into quoting a bigger bid by that Ghetto Club in Madrid.? We gave a price but They went to Manc City cus they gave a higher price. You think Roman wouldnt be able to pay 33 million? Ofcourse he could have but I am glad we stood our ground. That has saved us 32.5 million pounds. Awsome isnt it?

Look here's my tuppence worth.

1) Robinho went where the money was and who wouldn't ?

2) Real are still the bastards we all knew they have always been.

3) A lot of the pressure will be off of us now.

4) If we are gutted about Robinho going to City, how must SWP be feeling right now ?

We just have to get on with it, and prove Lamps right. We can win all the trophies with the players we have. Difficult I know, but it can be done.