Man City Vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

David Gill has hinted that they'd accept that kind of money for Ronaldo -the Glazers definitely would - but I think a lot of the ''they're going to buy this and that player'' is just the similar bowlocks that was aired by the media when Abramovich took over.

Its good, as someone else pointed out, that it takes the pressure of CFC (even though Liverpool and ManUtd have been bigger spenders all along) -and I cant think of a club that I'd prefer this to happen to. Maybe Everton would be funny. I wish them luck, apart from Saturday, and it definitely raises the bar in terms of spending power....

The difference is with us it was the media saying we would buy this player or that. But with City, this guy is openly stating in interviews that he wants to sign these players. The Ronaldo one being the most obvious.

I don't complain that they have the money at all, i think the competition at the top needs new blood. But i still want to see us stuff them, they will want to beat us a statement of intent.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference is with us it was the media saying we would buy this player or that. But with City, this guy is openly stating in interviews that he wants to sign these players. The Ronaldo one being the most obvious.

I don't complain that they have the money at all, i think the competition at the top needs new blood. But i still want to see us stuff them, they will want to beat us a statement of intent.

I havent seen any coverage of the consortiums spokesperson saying they will buy Ronaldo etc and it sounds childish -good luck to them though.

With Essien out, the 'bruising' of Robinho will go down to Mikel. (thats if Hughes dares to play him) Wheres Boulahrouz when you need him ?

Guest Lampards Bitch

I'm well excited about going to this game! I just dont know what to expect! Well seen as there is so much hype around this game I bet it will be boring LOL Battle of The Cash Setanta have dubbed it!

Robinho will play, get taken the piss out of then score!

LOL Battle of The Cash Setanta have dubbed it!

Haha yeah I saw that!! :whistling:

I'm gona miss the first half as i'm doing Commentary for wycombe hospital radio on Wycombe vs Brentford :thumbsdown: I know what you're thinking, but at my age for hospital radio it's good experience, and before too long I hope to be kicking Motto out of his place :lol: so i've got to stick at it really :(

Missing Chels games will be hard...

Still, I hope it's a good game of football and we come away with the result, hope Ballack Mikel and Drogs are all fit :D

EDIT

Watching Brazil v Bolivia... Robinho is playing

and well all I can say is.. expect him to be on the floor more than stood up 0_0

Also he graffiti'd the dressing rooms wall in Chile saying something like "show the best team in the world respect" because they didnt play defensively...

This guy sounds like a twat, glad we didnt get him now :)

Edited by Gianfranco_Z

Manchester City vs Chelsea F.C.

Premier League, Saturday 13 September, City of Manchester Stadium

Vastly improving Manchester City host Chelsea at Eastlands in an intruiging affair, as City manager Mark Hughes was linked with the manager's position at Stamford Bridge before Luiz Felipe Scolari was appointed head coach. And with a number of ex-Chelsea faces now at City with Hughes in the shape of Shaun Wright-Phillips and Tal Ben Haim, it promises to be a fascinating match up.

Match chat here

Well yeah, we seem to be forgetting SWP and Ben haim a bit in all this Robinho crap lol.

Looking forward to 2moro. Get home from work straight into Liverpool vs Man Utd and hopefully a scouse victory because they wont be there at the crunch in may, then see some teams fuck up in the 3 o clock games and then into the 'Clash of the Cash' Cant wait.

Think Drogba is more likely to get on in the second half.

Up til last night I really thought we'd be going out there to prove a point to City but now, with the usual shambles going on behind the scenes, this time over Clarke, I just think the lads won't be quite as motivated and focused as they would've been.

I don't think we'll come away from Middle Eastlands with anything but the right bloody hump tomorrow.

i hope you are wrong but i understand what you mean! fingers crossed big phil gets them ready before they walk on the pitch!

i feel sick about this match! it feels like we are playing liverpool or man utd or arsenal not sure why dont know if its because a player we wanted ended up there and my dad supports city and i wont hear the last but i feel sick i just really want to win this game!

COME ON YOU BLUES (not light blues)

Edited by zinctek

Likely Lineup:

--------------------Cech-----------------------

--Bosingwa--Ricky-----Terry------A Cole---

----------Malouda----------Mikel-------------

------J Cole------Lampard------Deco--------

--------------------Drogba--------------------

Source: Telegraph