• Christensen (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

I've never been so angry and frustrated with Chelsea....AND WE ARE THROUGH!

That's how bad we are. Another draw yet again, still awaiting our first win in 2018.

Yeah that's the thing.. Good to go through but the cracks are more obvious then were before. Surprised we went through.. Magic of the cup lol

Shite game.

Felt Ref got all pen decisions right though, although maybe should have used VAR more particularly for Willian’s theres noway he sees that first time 100% but the pen claims: Willian has left his leg there to hit the defenders on purpose (don’t get why people would rather do this than try shot/pass) and Morata well, wtf was that over exaggerated dive all about? There was minimal contact but he had ball he was going away from opponent... he showed more fight and passion moaning to ref than he did wanting to try get to the ball before the fall! Never seen Pedro but again 3 bookings for simulation is absolutely appalling if completely correct or not. Diving is a cancer ruining football.

You seen the difference Morata made off bench though he links so good and offers 100 times more than Batshuayi. Bats took goal well but then he seemed to try and overly complicate everything as did Willian when simple options sometimes not just easier but more logical in situations. Incredibly frustrating, also lack of forward passes from Drinkwater was disappointing he was too passive always went backwards/sideways. Baka put some decent long passes out him as well actually. 

Pedro dive decision was correct. Willian one was wrong and the ref should've just waved play on if anything. Morata was clearly fouled but his reputation as someone who regularly goes down super easily worked against him.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Pedro dive decision was correct. Willian one was wrong and the ref should've just waved play on if anything. Morata was clearly fouled but his reputation as someone who regularly goes down super easily worked against him.

Was fouled but the way he went down didn't look right. Leant way to far forward so could tell why it looked like a dive. 

Hopefully the break do him good

The one positive for me tonight was actually Bakayoko.

He wasn't anything particularly special or ripped up trees but for the first time since his debut against Spurs, he looked solid and trustworthy.

He did the basics and did them well in the first 10-15 minutes and seemed to grow into the game. A couple of passes went wayward but as things went on he seemed to grow in confidence and I feel he outperformed Drinkwater in the midfield. The most obvious example of his confidence was that he seemed to be in and around the ball regularly making himself available for the pass and wanting it. i haven't seen that from him in recent weeks, he's seemed scared to get on the ball where his confidence has been so low.

As I said solid over spectacular but certainly a marked improvement over recent performances and hopefully one he can build upon, because we desperately need some of our players to kick back into form.

3 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The one positive for me tonight was actually Bakayoko.

He wasn't anything particularly special or ripped up trees but for the first time since his debut against Spurs, he looked solid and trustworthy.

He did the basics and did them well in the first 10-15 minutes and seemed to grow into the game. A couple of passes went wayward but as things went on he seemed to grow in confidence and I feel he outperformed Drinkwater in the midfield. The most obvious example of his confidence was that he seemed to be in and around the ball regularly making himself available for the pass and wanting it. i haven't seen that from him in recent weeks, he's seemed scared to get on the ball where his confidence has been so low.

As I said solid over spectacular but certainly a marked improvement over recent performances and hopefully one he can build upon, because we desperately need some of our players to kick back into form.

Sorry. Thought he was below average. Could not carry the ball past the midfield area and if this is what we expect from him now then might as well ship him in January itself