Sergej Milinkovic-Savic

OneMoSalah

10 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Another attacking midfield player more or lees. Not happening.

You dont think he can play in double pivot? I think with 5 at the back plus 2 defensive midfielders we are way to defensive which limits our attack massively. Put SMS there and this changes.

We really need MF like this. Jorginho, Kante and Kova offer nothing offensively. Gilmour will go on loan so we are one injury away from having no player to rotate in MF.

Mendy

Varane  Silva (Chris)  Rudiger

James Kovacic(Kante)  SMS Chilwell

Plus front 3. Could be amazing!

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

You dont think he can play in double pivot? I think with 5 at the back plus 2 defensive midfielders we are way to defensive which limits our attack massively. Put SMS there and this changes.

We really need MF like this. Jorginho, Kante and Kova offer nothing offensively. Gilmour will go on loan so we are one injury away from having no player to rotate in MF.

Mendy

Playing in a 3 man MF as a more advanced player/box to box player who has responsibilities of creating/scoring goals is different than playing in a double pivot in a 2 man midfield though. If you’d watched Lazio v Napoli you’d have seen specifically that SMS looks anything but capable of playing as a more disciplined CM role also. Everytime they lost the ball he was miles off it. Good with the ball but poor off it. Need someone who can do both.

Even then watch how we play under Tuchel or how many of his sides have played, these deeper midfielders are very key to getting the ball out and building the play. They aren’t exactly given a huge license to bomb into the box. They screen the area in front of the defence and help the wider CBs/wingbacks cover. Then with the ball again they aren’t extremely advanced a lot.

And even then, taking all of that out of consideration, why sign a more attacking midfielder when we need more a deeper option? Its square pegs for round holes.

Yes Kante Jorginho and Kovacic have their limitations but getting someone whos closer to a number 10 than a number 8 or a 6 would be daft. Particularly for the money he would cost. This isnt FIFA or FM and have people not forgotten we already tried the 3 man MF with Mount and Havertz earlier this season also with Kante sitting and it didnt really bear fruit so I hope we stick to players in their more traditional positions instead of spending big money to gamble on a player that might not do the job in that role. 

It is clear we need a player who is a bit more physical and also technically good enough to play between the lines but effectively signing a number 10 to play as a 6/8 for the cash he will cost, would be a bit unwise unless we went 433 considering his lack of defensive nous, which 2 other MFs would compensate for but again we need someone to compete/rest/back up Kante if we persist with 343. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

8 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Playing in a 3 man MF as a more advanced player/box to box player who has responsibilities of creating/scoring goals is different than playing in a double pivot in a 2 man midfield though. If you’d watched Lazio v Napoli you’d have seen specifically that SMS looks anything but capable of playing as a more disciplined CM role also. Everytime they lost the ball he was miles off it. Good with the ball but poor off it. Need someone who can do both.

Even then watch how we play under Tuchel or how many of his sides have played, these deeper midfielders are very key to getting the ball out and building the play. They aren’t exactly given a huge license to bomb into the box. They screen the area in front of the defence and help the wider CBs/wingbacks cover. Then with the ball again they aren’t extremely advanced a lot.

And even then, taking all of that out of consideration, why sign a more attacking midfielder when we need more a deeper option? Its square pegs for round holes.

Yes Kante Jorginho and Kovacic have their limitations but getting someone whos closer to a number 10 than a number 8 or a 6 would be daft. Particularly for the money he would cost. This isnt FIFA or FM and have people not forgotten we already tried the 3 man MF with Mount and Havertz earlier this season also with Kante sitting and it didnt really bear fruit so I hope we stick to players in their more traditional positions instead of spending big money to gamble on a player that might not do the job in that role. 

It is clear we need a player who is a bit more physical and also technically good enough to play between the lines but effectively signing a number 10 to play as a 6/8 for the cash he will cost, would be a bit unwise unless we went 433 considering his lack of defensive nous, which 2 other MFs would compensate for but again we need someone to compete/rest/back up Kante if we persist with 343. 

Franck Kessie...

13 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Mendy

I am with you. SMS makes a lot of sense to come in and play the pivot. If we continue to play a 3atb, a pure DMF isn't probably needed as we need to have No.6's that can join in with the attacking play and also be able to get a goal or two. 

However, I do have doubts over his ability to deal with the intensity of the PL as he isn't the quickest and his stamina isn't the best. However, this Summer is really one where he needs to decide whether he wants a big move as Lazio aren't going to be in the CL and he is starting to get to the point where if he leaves it much longer he will end up being seen as too old for the price Lazio will want. 

On 23/04/2021 at 03:00, Blues Forever said:

Lotito would want €70m - €100m for SMS.  

They can go fuck themselves. In this market they are smoking crack if they think they get that much. SMS never took it to the next level.

35 minutes ago, Vesper said:

They can go fuck themselves. In this market they are smoking crack if they think they get that much. SMS never took it to the next level.

Depending on what happen to Pogba, either United or Juve could go for SMS.

17 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Depending on what happen to Pogba, either United or Juve could go for SMS.

Would rather have Marcos Llorente or Saul Ñiguez or Youri Tielemans or Jude Bellingham (I would give him another year or two at Dortmund in a perfect world)

If we went to a 3 man MF and lost one of Jorginho or Ngolo I could see the need for him. Wont happen though.

Plus I think if went to a 3 man MF, Kovacic is 100% on to start most games, Kante/Jorginho then for another position and Mount as the more advanced player. Or Havertz although I think his intensity isnt up to it for a MF role unless its a 10 and he also looks better off the front/false 9.

If we keep with a 2 he isnt the sort of guy we need really. Unless he played ahead of Mount or whoever in the front 3 as a 10. 

• 2 years later...
34 minutes ago, Tomislava10Barisic said:

AC Milan is close to sign Sergej Milinkovic Savic!!!! 🙂 
60 Million Market Value 28 Years.... Hmmmm,,,,

SMS is what William Carvalho was 8-10 years ago: every transfer window, Europe’s finest teams are killing each other in bidding wars(as per papers), but always ends up staying in his mediocre team.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You